Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
-TheBongmaster-

tanning on accutane

yeah i do it... but i dont recommend it... i only do it coz i forget to wear sunscreen lol. and u like burn in 10mins.

It also depends on your dose/your skin's resistance. Most people will burn, so I don't recommend it unless you're on a really low dose

I've used a tanning bed once every 1-2 weeks for the last year. Started my tane treatment 6weeks ago now and I'm still using the tanning bed. I personally don't see a difference at all.

But in saying that, it comes down to the individual at hand. Some people get initial breakouts, some don't. Some suffer hairloss while others won't. Just another side effect with different reviews.

All the best

I just got back from FLORIDA and I got fried sooooo badly.... I have never gotten burnt so quickly... but I did get some color .... I might start the tanning bed again.... but I dunno

Have you noticed you burn easier if your fair skin? I really want to add to my color which is tan before I go on my cruise, I have never had a problem with burning, but I am wondering if I will now since I'm on this pill.

Tanning in general is a bad idea unless the thought of wrinkles and skin cancer turns you on, and doubly so while on Accutane when your skin will be much more easily damaged than normal.

Tanning in general is a bad idea unless the thought of wrinkles and skin cancer turns you on, and doubly so while on Accutane when your skin will be much more easily damaged than normal.

I was able to get sun while on Accutane, but I did wear sunscreen (I usually do not). Also - I have olive skin, so I generally tan easy. I didn't noticw much of a difference b/w getting sun while on tane v. getting sun while on doxy.

I've used a tanning bed once every 1-2 weeks for the last year. Started my tane treatment 6weeks ago now and I'm still using the tanning bed. I personally don't see a difference at all.

But in saying that, it comes down to the individual at hand. Some people get initial breakouts, some don't. Some suffer hairloss while others won't. Just another side effect with different reviews.

All the best

your skin burns twice as fast yes... however you dont stay out as long lol u burn in like 10-15mins.. Then i try and get outta the sun... i'm one of those people that goes out and gets small amounts of sun ... occasionally. i try not to just sit n go red. However my arms do get burnt... which sucks as in just normally when i'm walking down the street. However i have good skin that just tans straight away.

Derms say exposure to UV sunlight is the worst thing you can do for your skin. It accelerates the aging process. Stay out of the sun!

Sorry to sound like an old fart, but it's the truth.

Guest james11

The Acne is obviously quite depressing for you if you are going to the lengths of taking Accutane, so why tan and cause another skin condition that is just as debilitating as Acne?? You will ultimately damage your skin by exposing it to UV rays. Especially if you are taking Accutane. I've never used it but isn't the idea of it to slow down the sebum production?? That makes your skin ever so sensitive to UV. SLIP on a t-shirt, SLOP on some sunscreen and SLAP on a hat! LOL

Besides the aging effect of UV rays, they make scarring from Acne worse!

Ben if you stay out of the sun, your skin doesnt synthesise Vitamin D. Which is part of the skins vitamin stuff. So yeah you actually do need sun, but you cant have large quantities of it. Also the sun burns off microbes which can form bacterial infections, again you need to be in the sun. However getting burnt constantly, can cause mutations in DNA which can cause skin cancer and age your skin, because the melanin in the skin cant keep up the protection.

Anyways there some info for ya.

Guest james11

Ben if you stay out of the sun, your skin doesnt synthesise Vitamin D. Which is part of the skins vitamin stuff. So yeah you actually do need sun, but you cant have large quantities of it. Also the sun burns off microbes which can form bacterial infections, again you need to be in the sun. However getting burnt constantly, can cause mutations in DNA which can cause skin cancer and age your skin, because the melanin in the skin cant keep up the protection.

Anyways there some info for ya.

You can wear sunscreen and the body will still synthesise Vitamin D. You need the sun, just not the nasty UVA and UVB rays!

Also, the sun can kill surface bacteria and microbes whilst having sunscreen on too!

:)

Guest james11

mm and u can still sorta tan with sunscreen also.

Yeah true, you still get a bit of colour! It's probably a case of All Things In Moderation.

christ -did any of you READ the instructions that cam ewith your tane???

with mine it clearly stated "avoid direct contact with sunlight" let alone fu*king tan salons which are a REALLy intensified version of the effect of the sun. Your chance of getting skin cancer will shoot through the roof, not to mention it damaging your eyes (even wearing goggles theyre v.hypersensitive on tane). I would avoid any contact with sun, tan salons or anything vaugley UV if i wer you, its so much safer, is it really worth the risk?

my derm said it was alright to get a bit of a tan only with moderation.. specially on tane. and he said go out mornings and late afternoon when sunlight isnt extreme. However i do live in a country which is very sunlight prominant so i cant exactly avoid it... and i aint gonna become a hermit as a result of tane. skin cancer i probably will get yeah. unfortunantly most people in australia do get .. hence why we have screenings during physicals on skin. i dont know what other countries have in regards to skin cancer however.