Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jessica23100

WHAT PEOPLE HAVE DO TO A PERSON WITH ACNE :(

I have cistic acne with deep scars. My derm said to me, there where a few cists, but big enough to make a big scarring.

I have had a lot of bad experiences cause my acne. My acne only causes sorrowness and low self steem.

This memories sometimes I prefer not to remember them, but when im on a breaktrought, they come. :D

I remember when I was on high school, there was a guy and his group of friends. He used to make me feel awful.

He used to tell to one of his group friends, almost in front of me: “hey!, Jessica is hideous�. I made believe him, as if I was doing something else, and I wasn’t hearing his comments, but in the inside, my heart was tearing down. I was swallowing my tears

When I was at last at home, I used to burst into tears, in a place where nobody could see me.

I had a lot of similar experiences but with other people, I used to cry a lot. I could’t look my face in a reflection.

The last experience that hurt me a lot, was in the house of someone that I love dearly.

There where his two relatives, the person that I care, and me, all in the dinning room.

One of the relatives made a comment to the other relative: “today came a girl and bought me something. If you just could see her face, poor girl!. She has acne!, you could see holes all over her face, she has a scarred face. She’s so ugly the poor girl!

This was the way she expressed about this young girl. I couldn’t believe this relative made her comment in front of me, and ussing those hurting words. This comment went directly to me, I feelt it was for me her comment, as she was describing me.

I felt very sad and angry that day, She couldn’t see me cry, but my friend could see me. :=(

The most stupid things people said to an acne person:

1.�Poor thing, look how damaged its your face�

2.�Poor thing!, you know?, my friend use this treatment, and it worked well�

-Did I ask if you know any treatments for acne? ... I don’t think soo!

3.�What happened to your face!�

4.�Young people like you use to have young healthy skin, but you...�

5.�Don’t eat chocolate, it causes acne!�

6.�You don’t wash well your face, thas why you have acne.�

7.�Acne isn’t life treatening, so you could live with it. You are not gonna die, if you have acne, your wasting your money going to the derm, and paying for treatments�

-This is the one I hate the most. Wish this person had acne, so he/she could see, what it feels. ](*,) #-o

8.Or when the kids stare at you and ask his/her mommy: “mommy what happened to her face� 8-[

9.And what about the people that remain quiet, but by just seeing his/her face you could see a expresión of repugnancy or sorryness.

For all these people, I feel like to stuff his/her mouth with shit, or punch her/him in the face. >:(

This are some of my experiences, and for the person that told me that I was wasting money, on my derm and my treatment, well, acne could be life treatening, in the way it destroys my pacience, and my self steem, I could go to the graveyard, just because for some people that live in this world that like to criticize people with phisical defects, in a manner not constructive. The bad treat that people do to me could kill me, by suicide.

Im not a native speaker.

Maybe the way I expressed my self in this post, doesn’t project the size of my feelings.

Thank good for my guardian angel, my precious friend, he makes me be stand, on this kind of situations, always being there for me. O:)

I would like to hear your experience. :D

While I dont have cystic acne anymore, I definately know what you are going through. Going out in public, meeting new people.. It really destroys you. People dont talk about my Acne in front of me anymore. ( they know I'll kick some ass! ) but when I was in High School, we had these real big florescent lights, and I was the only one in the class with real bad acne.

I got stares all day, people called me names.. I REALLY wonder why I was chosen to have acne.

This is what I get now :

In public, I get three types of stares

- The WTF stare

- The " look real quick then turn before I notice stare "

- The " I feel sorry for this kid " stare

I also really hate how people without Acne seems to know so much about it. They tell me to just wash my face and stop drinking soda. If it was that fricken easy, do you think I would have Acne now? People are stupid sometimes.

Just hang in there Jessica, you have Me and the rest of the Acne board for support. :D

Jessica, I feel your pain. I've been called ugly so much, its not even funny. My mom even said I was ugly, and this girl I liked, broke my heart and she said I was ugly. So I know how you feel. I just think to myself, who cares what they think. They're ugly on the inside and there probably self-conceded piece of shits that won't go far in life so FUCK EM ALL!

That's why I never call ppl "ugly" eventhough I am surprised a lot of ppl use that word liberally,as if it didn't mean anything.I will never judge a person's appearance because I don't want to be judged myself.

Jessica and everyone else,those ppl who mentioned those unpleasantries,they are just too superficial and shallow.They are crap in this world.I cannot believe there are such ppl,cuz I don't really face them.

Telling u all to forget it would be an understatement.no one forgets these things easily.

But you just gotta have the right attitude.Peace.

I think we all know what you feel here...

I personaly experienced severe acne. I was/feel so "ugly" that I wasn't able to look at ppl in there eyes. And if this kind of judgement desappeared in High School, it was very hard to be more than a friend.

Nobody has never considered me as a potential boyfriend. That's what we never say about acne, but if I can deal with those craps gossips of poor shallow/stupid ppl, that hardly affects my spirit in short-term, then what does affects me mostly at long-terme is this feeling barrier.

And what upset me the more, that is as far as I'm concerned by severe acne and how much opened am I, I've never been able to love a person with severe acne.

"Acne isn't serious. You can live normally with that! Appearance is just shallow, what is important is what you are inside!" Poor shit are those sentences! This follows a very minor part of ppl.

I can't say how much has acne destroyed my youth. Because I havn't already succeed in restoring my broken heart. Hope it hasn't destroyed my life.

Look at http://acne.org/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=6339 to see more stories.

hey jessica

i know how u feel.. when i was in HS, i had the same experience, people would give me this stare like "wtf happened to your face" or people would just stare.. yeah i know what u mean about being sorrowful and depressed..

i was like that too.. sometimes in school i would just go to a place where theres no one to just read and study so no one would bother me..

yeah my mom caleed me ugly before too.. i always hated her for that. but now i just try my best to love other people, because i'm already dead, whats the point of self indulging? i'll just give to others and love others, even if they think i'm ugly.

if a homeless person wants a jacket, i'll just give it to them even if i'll be cold, theres no point for me to hold on to it anyways, i don't even like myself all that much.

but i find that when i love others as myself, i feel better for some reason.

I am shocked by your moms' attitude toward some of you. WTF is wrong with them. Seriously they are screwed up people if they can't be supportive toward their kids. Some people are just plain stupid and unaware of their actions until it comes back and bites them in the arse.

it sucks so much to have acne. i'm going into my senior year of high school and i've had severe acne since i was in junior high. i'm constantly breaking out and i have acne scars all over my forehead and chin. its really messing up my complexion. and i hate the fact that their permanent. they just wont go away no matter what i wash my face with! it hurts so much inside to see so many people at school or any other place to see them have such a clear face. they have no pimples or scars whatsoever! that makes me mad the most, to see people with perfect skin all the time! :D having acne sucks!

I'm still to this day battling acne at the age of 25. I been suffering from acne ever since I was 13, I was also teased in school and suffered from low-self esttem. Now the acne isnt that bad but I still break out and I suffer from other conditions as well. Its just a matter of keeping it under control and loving yourself for who you are and having special people in our lives that love us and care for us. Its not a life-threating disease so there not much to worry about just keeping it under control and not letting it control you. And those people who make fun of others imperfections are ugly evil human beings who will someday get a taste of their own medicine. [-X :D

there's no medium for people who are deeply affected by comments. people get angry when someone says your face looks awful with acne, yet you get offended when a friend says don't worry about it, we all go through it. you people are taking offense to any sentence with the word "acne" in it. live a little, im serious, things will get better.

I'm very thankful that both my acne is not serious, and that I have never been made fun of. There have been comments made on my skin, and they did annoy me greatly but I let them slide. I'm very happy my friends, nor anyone at school ever makes fun of me for my skin, hell most of them have at least a few zits.

hey guys.

I read your stories..

ya ppl can be mean that like....but guess you gotta just suck it up.....for now

dunno what else to say heh.

cept.

there's hope =) O:)

I came to the website about ....4 months ago....started at the regimen board.....got cleared...moved to the scar board....all smooth..

and now I just lounge at the lounge =)

So ya...theres hope....we all know how you feel just hang in there.

:shock: I can't believe that people told you guys in your faces that you're ugly. I know that most of us probably talk about other people with our friends, but no matter what, I would never come up to a person and say, "Oh, I think you're ugly. Hahaha..." That would be horrible. Also it's awful how mothers can offend their kids by calling them ugly. Everyone is beautiful and pretty in his or her own way. Think about it. It's true. Noone's perfect, but everyone has something beautiful. It could be eyes, smile, skin, laughter, character, sense of humor, taste in clothing, ability to sing, attitude, anything. My friend's mother recently told her, "Look at you! You look horrible today. Look at Stacy. She's blossoming, and you..." Isn't that horrible. My mom would never say anything like that to me. :D

it was hard for me to be around little kids, because they're so honest. i volunteered in a pre-school class for school and one little boy said to me, what's that on your face? what are those bumps? and i said, freckles and then i tried to change the subject.

My brother and sister have called me ugly when i had moderate acne. My mother is very supportive and never said anything hurtful.

They wouldn't call me ugly now. They know it is not a game anymore. They know that i have scars and this is nothing to be trivialised. They know that what i have now is permanent and not a passing phase. Everyday is a struggle and they know the scars are affecting the quality of my life. They know better now.

I always thought that some people without acne are least understanding and cruel. They take for granted their clear skin. Well, whatever. Let them stay ugly inside; you don't need their friendship!

I'm on accutane right now. If this clears up my skin I'm going to see which girls I already know start acting nicer to me. If they act differently, then I'll have a good idea what they're attracted to. Girls I've never met before... they get a clean slate I guess since I can't do anything else about it!

And hang in there. I too know your pain, of going to school, trying to make sure people only see my "good" angle. It's not fun.

Sorry about double posting but I just had to add that I agree.

Once my 6 year old cousins were drawing a picture of me. Everything was okay... until they started drawing these huge dots on my face. Talk about crushing! Couldn't blame them either... they were so young...

it was hard for me to be around little kids, because they're so honest.  .

Yeah, I really hate that.. ](*,)

Sorry about double posting but I just had to add that I agree.

Once my 6 year old cousins were drawing a picture of me.  Everything was okay... until they started drawing these huge dots on my face.  Talk about crushing!  Couldn't blame them either... they were so young...

it was hard for me to be around little kids, because they're so honest.  .

Yeah, I really hate that.. ](*,)

well hey im sure if they were to draw you WITHOUT your acne it would kinda be wierd as well since thats not really what you look like.

[-( i have acne and when i was around little kids they always used to ask

, "whats that on your face" "your ugly!" "wart face" "do you have chicken pox?"

It is really hard to for me because i used to be so popular in the seventh grade, i could date and girl, i was hot. but then i hit puberty and i got it right in the beginning in eigth grade no girls ever talked to me ever, it sucked

my face is pimle free now thanks to Dan's regimen, well... besides those pesky discoleration marks (hyperpigmentation).'

well good luck to all of you.

hi all, new to these forums.. I was just browsing through and came through this thread. Reading through some of the stuff you have all said is really really sad and depressing and brings a tear to my eye.. This emotional pain that you have all had to endure, I cant believe people can be so cruel. Even your parents teling you are ugly.

Just hang in there.. I dont know what else to say, just very sad at reading all of this.

yeah your life is like hell sometimes, mine has been too for the past 3 years. But it won't last forever. Just find some daily escape and some good friends, and motivate yourself to find a cure. Going into public is stressful for me, always watching through my periphial vision, suspicious of everyone who looks at me. I don't cry, but i get pretty pissed off at stupid people. Instead of being controlled by your rage, just try to laugh it off... Get sleep and stay healthy.