Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Okay, my skin is a lot better than six months ago....but I still get all these small whiteheads all over my cheeks...small enough that I'm not overly upset about them....but I'm wondering why I am still getting them? I use the clean and clear wash with the 10% BP in the morning....(I use lotion after that or my skin would be so dry)...and then at night I use the clean and clear blackhead scrub with 2% SA...and then the 10% BP after that....I got this idea from another post....and thought what a clever idea to use both SA and BP...well, I don't know if it's so wonderful for MY skin...I don't think it's the BP...I was just wondering if anyone else had negative effects from using products with SA in them...if they had all kinds of clogged pores....small...but still clogged....and does anyone know of anything that can help me get the crap out of my pores?...I'm at a dead end...

That's weird... for me it's been the complete opposite, SA has drastically reduced the amount of clogged pores on my skin.

I seriously doubt it is the SA in that product that is causing your problem, particularly since SA washes aren't very effective since the SA doesn't really have time to do it's job.... I would check the ingredients if I were you, I remember when I used that wash it always seemed to leave a film on my face, maybe there are other pore clogging ingredients.

I also use a combination of SA and BP. -- I still have these strange white bumps all along my chin and cheeks. I think that they are clogged pores....I believe that the BP keeps a lot of my pores from getting too infected and the SA dissolves just the outside layer of my skin. It seems that SA and BP mostly work on the top of my skin but can't combat stuff deeper down?

So, I think that the SA is not directly the cause. The problem is that there is still a buildup of sebum that these products may be only partially able to address.

My last post may be totally wrong! I just found out about milia (little white bumps) .... strange that I have had this before but never knew it had a name. Apparently, milia can be caused by skin dryness. So maybe SA is a factor here. On the one hand, these products exfoliate, but on the other hand, they may leave dry skin causing more clogging.

WHat to do? Find a good moisturizer? Mine seems to break me out...

I was thinking it was dry skin...because for some strange reason my chest is breaking out again...and it had been clear all summer...I think I'm going to lay off the SA for awhile and use more lotion....I really like the aveeno ultra calming daily moisturizer, and I also use the aveeno ultra calming night cream....I really like them....they don't seem to clog my pores anymore than they already are...lol.