Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I hate feeling this way... everything centers on how clear my skin is...I've pretty much given up on ever being totally clear....but it always seems like things/products get my hopes up....and then I'm back at sqare one....My mother keeps telling me to give the birthcontrol some more time....at least til christmas break...but I can't stand this cycle of almost clear then broken out...It just gets my hopes up that this war is over for me...that I can be like all the other girls....wear my hair back in a ponytail...not worry if my makeup is coming off....I WANT TO BE NORMAL....I don't care if people think I'm pretty or not....I just want be like everyone else I know....I want to cry right now so bad...seems like I've lost hope in almost everything...School, relationships, religion, and pretty much everything else...I just hate myself right now...that I can fix everything else about my life...but I can't fix this...all the products I've tried...and still my pores are filled with infection....who would want me? like this? I can't even imagine having a boyfriend right now...I can't do it...not until I'm clear...God, I want to punch a wall...I'm so pissed that I have this problem....God, I'm such a control freak...and I have no control over this....

i knwo how you feel and if you're that serious about it you should definatly be on accutane.

I can honestly relate. SO much that I cant even give you anything positive. I have lost hope in everything. Just know there are others suffering the same, and some even have found help. In the end this is our once chance to live regardless of acne.

Hi Amanda,

Look I know it must be real tough for you right now and you feel so low, but you must always have hope that one day things will get better. I kow your probably thiking "what does he know", but belive me I know. I have been where you are and to be honest sometimes i still feel that way but I still live in hope that one day I wont look in the mirror and feel my heart sink.

You are never alone and there are plenty of poeple going through the same things you are. If you need to talk you can always come on this forum and someone will listen.

My best advice to you is to see a dermatologist, get some advice and really think about whats best for you.

Now all I ask you to do is smile.

By the way, Im from the UK, what part of the US is Kentucky in?

Im from the Middle part of England, just off to play Footie, or what you would call soccer, wish me luck :-)

A problem shared is a problem halved.

A few years ago I was in a pretty bad way. I think I would've benefited if I could just have someone to confide in. Cuz all these feeligns we feel weigh us down. You mentioned your mother, are you able to speak to her? Seriously sharing your feelings will make you feel less sad. But that is only if you are able to do so.

If not write a diary. I know these things help.

Other then that, do not lose hope, acne goes away for most people. I had it severe and thought it would never go away, but it has. Sure i have mssed up scarring but thats another story.

In regards to your pores, yes I have a pore problem as well, i think retin a should help. Have you had that?

Hope you have a good day.

Polka

Thanks everyone..I know I'm not alone in this....I wish that I was...because no one should have this problem....I'm feeling a little better now...I shouldn't let my skin problems get the best of me....I'm glad I have this site to post the way I feel about my skin...if not....I would just keep it all in....because I have no one else to talk to about this...no one else wants to hear about it..they just want me to get over it...but it's hard when it's your problem. My friends and family just can't relate to me.