Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have tried every face wash known to man, and nothing ever worked. My skin was always so red and oily. But, I ran out of shampoo the other day, and my skin started to become clearer. So, I quit using that Suave shampoo, and it actually made my skin better. Maybe I was allergic to something in it or my skin was reacting badly to something in the shampoo. I started using only warm water to wash my face, and stopped using shampoo (which is okay becuase I have a buzzed head), and my skin got so much better, within a few days. The redness almost completely went away.

So maybe it's not your facewash, but maybe it's your shampoo. After all, when you're in the shower, the shampoo is running down over your face. Just a thought. Has anyone else noticed anything like this? When I quit using shampoo, it really made a noticeable difference.

I have tried every face wash known to man, and nothing ever worked. My skin was always so red and oily. But, I ran out of shampoo the other day, and my skin started to become clearer. So, I quit using that Suave shampoo, and it actually made my skin better. Maybe I was allergic to something in it or my skin was reacting badly to something in the shampoo. I started using only warm water to wash my face, and stopped using shampoo (which is okay becuase I have a buzzed head), and my skin got so much better, within a few days. The redness almost completely went away.

So maybe it's not your facewash, but maybe it's your shampoo. After all, when you're in the shower, the shampoo is running down over your face. Just a thought. Has anyone else noticed anything like this? When I quit using shampoo, it really made a noticeable difference.

I'm definitely allergic to shampoos. My forehead and around the hairline break out from any shampoo with fruit acid, like Garnier Nutrisse, Nexxus Assure/Ensure, Paul Mitchell #2. I always loved Loreal, but it seems like every kind messes with my skin. If it smells like citrus..I leave it alone.

This happened to me. I went to an allergist and a patch test revealed that my shampoo was causing a nasty rashy reaction. Nice, eh? I switched to Cliniderm (irritant-free products) and my face has shown lots of improvement. I expect it will take several months for the damage to reverse itself, though.

This happened to me.  I went to an allergist and a patch test revealed that my shampoo was causing a nasty rashy reaction.  Nice, eh?  I switched to Cliniderm (irritant-free products) and my face has shown lots of improvement.  I expect it will take several months for the damage to reverse itself, though.

Same here!!

Since then i switched to using Shampoo Soap BARS!!

I'm currently using The Soap works Shampoo and conditioner. It's definetly helping out. As soon as this finishes i'll switch to an Oatmeal Bar soap or Aloe Vera soap by the same company.