Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest tenshigirl25

people who stare

Guest tenshigirl25

dont know if im over-reacting or what..but i feel sort of a anxiety attack when i go out in a shopping mall..im ok if im with someone else but if im by myself i feel all weird and self conscious..soemtimes i dont think about it and other times other people will go out of thir way just to look at me and for more then a few seconds..its intimidating. example is th other day i was patting the lip balm on mylips because im on accutane and this lady is coming directly at me and looking at me in the face with no expression..and we just held gaze until she walked past me. i know i didnt look ugly but maybe i give out some kind of vibe? i often feel people looking at me, but not in a crazy physco way, more of 'im the only person in the room' and all eyes are on me. am i thinking way too much here or is this normal for others too?

i know sometimes i look at people and i dont realise it, but its just 1 thing that really irks me..

lmao. I know the feeling. My acne isn't so bad now compared to a month ago, but I remember never wanting to leave the house. The worst for me though was the little kids..errrggghh. AT one point I had one little boy stare at me and then literally run off to tell his mommy. Lucky for me they were korean so I didn't understand a single thing they were saying.. but body language is definately universal!

This realy bothers me as well....I tend to look at no one though so I wouldnt know if I ever get looks.....

I always go nuts in public places regardless if im with someone, lot easier with someone else though

I realy feel out of touch with the rest of the world sometimes....

Same here. I feel self conscious and nervous when im alone in a public place but when im with my friends im completely comfortable and I feel like im more myself. I dunno if this has anything to do with acne but that could be the case. The other day when I got to class it was still a bit early and the door was locked and some of my classmates were waiting outside. I havent been going to college long so I dont really know a lot of people in my classes. Anyway I was standing next to this girl (feeling really uncomfortable cuz my face was breaking out quite bad and I wasnt in a very talkative mood) who has extremely clear skin and I was staring out the window and out of the corner of my eye I saw her staring directly at my face. And it wasnt just like a stare for a second and then look away but she like stared for a whole minute (or it felt that long anyway). People who never get acne dont understand that its an ongoing problem no matter what we do. They think that you can just buy some neutrogena crap and it will clear you up. I seriously can stand that girl now. She made a really stupid comment in class the other day(said she thought a cadavar was a type of animal) and I said Omg! Are you serious??! and she looked back and gave me a really evil look. But I felt really good after that. lol

my little cousin asked me

-wot are that things all over ur face??-

- pimples, ull get em when u get older

- ew!! no!, i dont want em

- ill be clean for the time when u get em! **hahaha

she totally embarrased me!!

she didnt say it in front of other ppl, still it bothered me x_X

lol @ lolipop. no kidding. My nieces kept asking me why I have all these bumps on me face and the only way I could explain it was telling them it was from eating too many chips. hehe. But then that backfired because the next day we were in a public face and they announced to world (at least it felt like that at the time) that chips is was gave me all my owee's. redface.gif

I totally understand where your coming from.

At school I got teased alot, even my so called freinds use to take the piss. Im glad that they are not my freinds anymore.

I think its a reaction people have, tehy will look and stare at something which is not "normal". Its very frustrating because it makes you feel 1000% worse than you did but people without acne wont understand that.

At work I use to notice that when I spoke to people and if I have a breakout they would itch there face where my breakout was lol. One guy in particular use to do it every time I spoke to him, but to be honest I just try to ignore it and not dwell on it. The way I see it is that when you talk to someone you look them in the eye and hope they are sensitive enough not to stare at the zit on your nose, but unfortunately these people are few and far between.

When I was about 13 I was determined to get rid of my spots and one summer I used this topical solution and decided that no matter how bad it got I would contimue using it. That was one of the biggest mistakes I have made in my life. It left my back permanently scarred, and my chin looks like it has spots on it permanently, but these are just a type of scarring caused by the topical solution.

Everytime I meet someone the first thing they do is stare at my chin lol. Its amazing how predictable most people are. To be honest I'be got so use to it I feel immune to it.

The example of the person in your class just shows that beauty is only skin deep whereas intellect, compassion and sensitivity will not desert you as the years go by. I pesonally think you sound like a mature caring person and dont let anyone bring you down. :-)

I am so glad I have found this forum (yesterday). Its great to be able to talk to people who understand. This forum ROCKS, by the way im 29 and live in the UK, where you all from?

dont know if im over-reacting or what..but i feel sort of a anxiety attack when i go out in a shopping mall..im ok if im with someone else but if im by myself i feel all weird and self conscious..soemtimes i dont think about it and other times other people will go out of thir way just to look at me and for more then a few seconds..its intimidating. example is th other day i was patting the lip balm on mylips because im on accutane and this lady is coming directly at me and looking at me in the face with no expression..and we just held gaze until she walked past me. i know i didnt look ugly but maybe i give out some kind of vibe? i often feel people looking at me, but not in a crazy physco way, more of 'im the only person in the room' and all eyes are on me. am i thinking way too much here or is this normal for others too?

i know sometimes i look at people and i dont realise it, but its just 1 thing that really irks me..

im sorta the opposite..i attract attention to myself by dressing outrageously and having my arms on display in the summer..but im still SO self concious...its like, if theyre looking at what im wearing, theyre not going to notice my skin or bad bits...

its weird...i HATE people looking at me, but at the same time i enjoy it, because i dont even think a lot of them know theyre doing it...if you stare right back at them, they suddenly get really embarassed because they realise theyve been staring rudely at you.

Ugh kids can be so unsubtle! Sad thing is they are often far too honest!

I get the whole everyone is staring at me thing too. But does anyone reckon that because we are so self conscious we are expecting everyone to look so we notice it more? Maybe the people who look are only glancing but it seems like they are staring. Perhaps they look at everyone they pass just out of curiosity. Or maybe i'm just hoping there is an excuse for why everyone stares!! doesnt seem very convincing does it!!

remember saying things like that to my sister when i was younger and she would reply the same way you did. Well guess what it did happen to me! I feel bad about saying those things but the truth is little kids dont know and they are excellent at pointing out imperfections. They learn early how to notice differences in people and they dont understand that what they say may hurt someones feelings.

I remember about 2 years ago when my acne was at its worst a little girl came up to me and said "what are all those red dots on your face". I was so embarrased because she said it in front of all my clear faced friends and they all laughed. Its wierd but now when im around little kids im so afraid they will point it out to me. Its like im scared of little kids lol.

Guest pokerbugg

happens to me all the time...the staring, i feel so weird!... even though i only get the stares from guys which makes me uncomfortable...i just dont like people staring at me, its my biggest pet peeve...my acne isnt reeeal bad, you practically cant tell usually , but i know whats underneath so i feel like they all know whats underneath and then i panic, and then i start sweating, and its so uncomfortable, i just hate the fucking stares! lol....only difference is that if they catch me on a bad day i actually ask em "what the fuck are you looking at?!!" lol...whatever they have it coming to them.

i was eating with my friends and there were kids with us too.

then one kid said "your face is crazy, like mess all over"

i was so embarrassed...

Guest *Clara

People who stare at your acne need to wake up and realize they are assholes. biggrin.gif