Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ninja

Round 2 I dont know how much more I can take.

My Story:

Never in my life was acne a concern, but I knew it was going to come sooner or later because everyone on my fathers’ side of the family has dealt with it. It haunted me before even getting it. Around 17 I started breaking out. By 18 I was waking up every other day with new ones.

That year I was put on Accutane for severe cystic acne. Although it wasn’t extremely bad compared to some people, I had a few huge nickel sized cysts all over my face. It took Accutane almost 4 months to bring them down. At the end of my five month treatment, I was left with a tremendous amount of red marks. I tried everything except surgical procedures – which I would never do. Around May 2005, I noticed my skin starting to break out again. Instead of huge cysts this time, white heads were coming up. I also noticed my skin getting a lot oilier. I thought this was normal and put off going to the dermatologist till last month.

My face is currently as bad as it was the first time I went on Accutane. I have about 20 pimples on each side of my face. Every morning I wake up with about 5 new whiteheads. Since I work during the day, and would feel like shit going to work everyday with bright whiteheads, I shave them off every morning. I find this helps bring them down quicker. However, it doesn’t make a difference, cause the following morning I will have another few to deal with.

My dermatologist has started me at 40mg and I have experienced a pretty bad initial breakout compared to no breakout the first time I went on Accutane. Last week I was bumped up to 80mg, so ill most definitely have another break out. I think starting out strong will be more affective for me this time around.

So far I have experienced minor dry skin/itchyness on my face and chapped lips.

I plan to update this thread every week.

FYI : Stuff I’ve used in no particular order in the last 3 years:

Acne Intended

 BP 5%

 Differin

 Tetracycline

 Hydroquine

 Fucidin H

 HydroVal

 Clindamycin

 Minocycline

 Clyndoxyl

 Retinol A