Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Starlight1515

Accutane..started sept.18,05

Before I started accutane my face was really oily, with cysts, pimples and whiteheads. into my 2nd week My face was covered in whiteheads, more than usual, I couldn't believe someone could have so many whiteheads, on too my 3rd week and I can actually look at myself in the mirror without wanting to cry or tell myself how ugly i look, quite an improvement....the condition of my face now....dry skin esp. in the chin area, dry lips and cracked on the sides, whiteheads on jaw line and side of the face ( not really noticable and not as bad as 2nd week) one cyst on my neck (starting to dry out).....With it only being the 3rd week...I am really impressed but there are some side effects

Side effects: Dry Lips, Dry Skin, Tiredness ( I'm really active but I've slowed down a bit and I feel I need more sleep than usual), Dry eyes, I think I may have a patch of exzema on my head because it hurts to scatch ( but I had this before I took accutane, family history) but since my system is dryer than normal maybe it's back....I'm paranoid about my hair falling out..I have really thick hair but I think I may be shedding more than normal....Not sure though...if it's a side effect or just paranoia? have to wait some more....Other than that with a bit of concealer I actually look like I don't suffer from acne.....I hope I keep improving and my hair doesn't fall out.