Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
depressed17

wow its amazin wot an effect acne can have on you

iv have never felt so low in my whole life

i cant look at myself...feel good...go out...get a bf...meet friends...or do any of the usual teenage things

im beggining 2 think il feel and look like this forever!!!!

i cant look anybody in the eye anymore n i used 2 be so confident

man this sucks cry.gif

duz anyone else feel this way?

Guest <*>

Yo, I feel like this everyday, I find it really hard to look people in the eye when I speak to them and I keep my head down when possible.

I'm not confident anymore and that's not helped by dickheads who for no reason feel the need to take the piss and make you feel like shit.

No-one has ever made fun of my acne. I guess that has something to do with the fact that I go to a grammar school where everyone is "nice" to each other.

As a matter of fact, the only type of people who mention my acne are little kids. Friends' siblings ask why my face is red and refer to me as spotty. Very down putting, very very sad.gif

Oh and Adam, i feel worse, believe me mad.gif

I know how you feel. I find it difficult looking at people when I talk to them but at the end of the day the way I see it is they stare and my face when they are talkin to me instead of looking me in the eye, then they shallow.

No matter how bad it gets you know you can talk to people on here, you will always have someone to turn to.

Now tell me whose your favourite band at the moment?

I can absolutely relate to this.... I don't bother dressing up in nice clothes anymore because my face has horrrible acne.

I'm even afraid to see my old friends now.. n they think I just don't want to hang out with them anymore.

I can absolutely relate to this.... I don't bother dressing up in nice clothes anymore because my face has horrrible acne.

I'm even afraid to see my old friends now.. n they think I just don't want to hang out with them anymore.

I'm not dressing like a bum lol just nothing as nice as I was wearing before... like I won't wear tank tops/ or nice looking tops because they'll draw attention.. n then the attention will be on my face =X

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!! I just dunno where in their eyes i should LOOK AT... can't get focused on ppl's eyes... but if u dun focus well...u know what...u might look stupid.. (sleepy eyes/crossed eyes) ...

GOD... my acne came really late... look at my pictures... even at the age of 18 (4 years ago) my skin was still perfect...i mean PERFECT.... and now.... eusa_wall.gif ... ( i dun take pictures now...) ..Actually my acne came quite suddenly ... and turned from mild to moderate-severe very quickly... During the university years...i always wore caps ...head down.. so scared that i would meet old school friends.. wondering how they would think when they saw me...

People had always told me how pretty i was....so i was pretty confident in the way i looked...REALLY... I think that's why my depression was so intense after i got acne that at one point i had lots of suicidal thoughts..(while on accutane)..I JUST COULDN"T ACCEPT THIS HUGE CHANGE in my appearance...

I feel exactly the same, i've lost everything because of this shit. All you can do is keep fighting it, i've just stopped all the products now because their all a waste of time. All i ask is for one week to be clear so i can try to regain my dreams. I know on a good day i feel so confident. I've broke out badly this week, last week i was actually healing up. Its lowered my confidence right down again, im so glad i didnt have to go into University today! I wish so much it would just stop, time is ticking away for me as my ex-girlfriends house is up for sale. As soon as she moves i wont know where she is anymore. I've got to get clear and go over to save my relationship before its too late! But i cant do it the mess i look right now. Dont you just wish some mornings you didnt wake up? As soon as i wake up in the morning, i know how shit i look and theres nothing worse than looking in the mirror. I dont like facing people anymore and i dont like to go out either.

Definately in the same boat as you guys. I Barely goto class at university for the part of confronting people i know, or just seeing other people, i have turned into a social recluse spending most of my time at home. Im only 20 years old myself havent had a clear face since i was 15-16... Im sure some of you have had it longer but, think about how much you miss from ages 15-20 when something like fucking acne is holding you back, those are prime years and the fact they havent been lived to the extent i would have liked to live them, just increases the amount of my life i have wasted worrying about this shit. You also mentioned eye contact! This is one of the hardest things to do i dont know what it is about it , but im working on staring people in the eyes no matter what , hahaha its kinda freaky but fuck it, looking somewhere else is just a sign of insecurity and low confidence. I still dont always look people in the eyes, and i realized that when you dont look people in their eyes, it makes them think even less of you, but when you make direct eye contact regardless of your acne or whatever you are elecated a notch . So Try and work on the eye contact making its quite a fun game eusa_dance.gif

yeah.. i feel so down. get depressed a lot..

wonder how i have friends..

feel soooooooooooooooooo low when i like someone

because how could they like me back?

[/quot

I always feel down, its hard to look in the mirror without crying and i ask myself everyday how could someone love me ..because i know im not pretty, its hard to find someone that is not superfical and can look past your outer apearence and care more about whats inside. I have definitly found that person my b/f is the sweetest person ever..he always makes me fell better when i feel ugly and deppresed.