Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
marissa101

no accutane side effects!

hey guys

ive been on accutane 1 1/2 months , i am 95% clear but i have gotten no side effects. my face was dry and flakey for like the second and third week , but then i started drinking tons of water and no i dont even get chapped lips !

im so confused , im on 60 mg a day

has this ever happened to someone?

any insight would be greatly appreciated !

-marissa

hey guys

ive been on accutane 1 1/2 months , i am 95% clear but i have gotten no side effects. my face was dry and flakey for like the  second and third week , but then i started drinking tons of water and no i dont even get chapped lips !

-marissa

I've only been on accutane a little over a week and i'm having very little side effects. My doctor assured me that it affected everyone differently - so if your skin is at least clear, I wouldn't worry about it!!

Laurel

you wanted to know how i stay non dry

i think its just the way im reacting to the drug but i drink tons of water , moisturize , take vit e , cod liver , vit c , flax seed , multi vit , glucosamione msn

and i steam my face with green tea every night !

I suffered very little side effects and was eventually on about 90mg in the last month.

mystero, youre probably in the worst stage of your course right now so hang in there and they will go away

heyy, i was on accutane for four months and i also didn't get any side effects. only dry skin, which was gloooorious, becuase i have really nasty oily skin. so really, it wasn't dry skin, it was just normal!!

but i do wanna say something...lots of ppl have said that side effects can happen anytime...even after 3 months of treatment. i'm sure you won't! smile.gif but just letting you know!

Good luck!

You guys that don't get side effects are really lucky. Be thankful. Very thankful.

I have an extremely hard time staying on accutane because I get ...90% of the side effects, even on low dosage. Low dosage just lets me tolerate it. On high dosage I couldn't stand being on it because of the severity of the side effects.

you wanted to know how i stay non dry

i think its just the way im reacting to the drug but i drink tons of water , moisturize  , take vit e , cod liver , vit c , flax seed  , multi vit ,  glucosamione msn

and i steam my face with green tea every night !

I dont think I get the dry skin side effect......... don't spew but I havent moisterized or had a shower or even had my face a little wet for about 5 days now smile.gif

Seems to be working... But I smell like shit.

totally didnt know that thanks ! that means ive been taking 60 mg plus more vitamin a in that and turns out i had more in my multi vit and still more side effects . i will still stop taking more vitamin a though and stick to what the doc gives me

thx !

You guys that don't get side effects are really lucky. Be thankful. Very thankful.

I have an extremely hard time staying on accutane because I get ...90% of the side effects, even on low dosage. Low dosage just lets me tolerate it. On high dosage I couldn't stand being on it because of the severity of the side effects.

hey guys, just wondering how hard accutane is 2 get from the nhs, i have mild acne, will the doc give it 2 me??? i was using zineryt the zinc based antibiotic, that stuff was amazing while it worked, just had six months completely spot free, now the resistance has kicked in im trying bp but its knackering my face, is it likely 2 work, obviously it doesnt work for every 1 but if itll give me similar results 2 zineryt i definately want 2 try it, can any 1 just give me a bit of information about it or tell me where 2 find it.

hey guys, just wondering how hard accutane is 2 get from the nhs, i have mild acne, will the doc give it 2 me???

hey guys

ive been on accutane 1 1/2 months , i am 95% clear but i have gotten no side effects. my face was dry and flakey for like the second and third week , but then i started drinking tons of water and no i dont even get chapped lips !

-marissa

You are lucky like me. I've been using accutane for 5 years and I only get chapped lips which is easily managed with lip balm. Some people are fortunate. :)