Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jwilliams988

Best Hair Loss shampoo to go along with Accutane

Is a gentle shampoo best or would a hair loss shampoo help? I'm using TGel twice a week and thats supposed to help but I dont know if its too harsh on my scalp.

shit i forget the name of it...but its in a gray bottle with a red label i think...its suppose to thicken thinning hair.

Hey...is this what you're talking about?

IPB Image

L'Oreal VIVE for Men 2 in 1 Shampoo & Conditioner, Daily Thickening

Nioxin..hands down. Expensive and sold only at salons. It will stop hairloss in it's tracks. Do that and deep conditon weekly. Lay off heat appliances.

Do you think your hair loss is due to the hair not growing back or to it being dry and breaking?

On my first round of Accutane I had very dry hair that broke off. This time around I'm not washing my hair often (maybe once or twice a week at most) and so far it's staying healthy. I use an organic shampoo with no SLS, ALS, etc. It's very gentle.

The other hair thinning I have no advice for except that Nioxin doesn't work that well. I'm married to living proof.

I've heard Nioxin works well for this.....you can find it at Ulta, and probably online at ulta.com

Let us know if you try it!

also- next to a gentle shampoo, really try not to wash your hair as often as your would. (you dont really need to anyway because your hair is most likely dry) the natural oils that your scalp produce will help it from thinning

also if your hair just looks dry and crappy find "shine" products or oils you can put in your hair

mines a little thinner but its not so bad because i have really think hair to begin with

dandruff shampoo every other day or two and some oil, im fine

*thick hair

I have been using Nioxin (Level #1 early stages of thining) for about a month now. I am not sure if i should have used a higher number if intensity or not, but all i know is my hairloss has not improved AT ALL!! I think it is almost worse because the nioxin shampoo and conditioner that i am using has basically no detangling in it at all!! So i think i lose more hair trying to put a comb through my hair than i would if i still used panteene. It is a huge mess when i get out of the shower! my hair is one big clump! I have to use a spray on detangler, but it still pulls alot out.