Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
guy20uk

Accutane dosage question

1) What are the likeleness chances of me getting another dreaded breakout due to the dosage increase? And how can I avoid this?

2) How should I take 3 x 20mg pills. One in the morning, afternoon and night. Or One in the morning and two in the evening. Or all 3 at the same time?

Anyone?

2) How should I take 3 x 20mg pills. One in the morning, afternoon and night. Or One in the morning and two in the evening. Or all 3 at the same time?

I just stepped up my dose from 40 to 60 like 4 days ago. Woke up this morning, damn wasn't looking to good. I'm starting my 3rd month so hopefully it will get better soon. I don't know if increasing dosage causes further breakouts, but if it does there isn't much you can do.

I have the same question. I have been on 40mg for one month and I haven't gotten a new zit in about a week so it has been working very well for me. I had very oily skin and it got pretty dry around week 2 and week 3 but after that my oil has started coming back. My oil isn't as bad as it was but it's annoying now that my face seems to be clearing up. I don't even have to use moisturizer in the morning... my face is that oily. I wanted to ask my derm to bump me up to 60mg a day to help dry me out some more. Mind you, I did not get a very big initial breakout if i did get anything at all, so I don't know if bumping up to 60 will cause a flare up since I haven't gotten a zit in a week.