Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well, my last appointment with the derm was on the 19th of September, and she gave me a cleanser and a treatment, and tetracycline, while I am waiting for accutane....

The first 2 weeks my skin really improved and I though Accutane wasn't worth it anymore, but now I'm breaking out like before....in a few days I am supposed to take the BCP and in a month I'll start Accutane....but I actually fear it...what do you advise me to do?? Have you taken BCP for acne, and did it make a difference??

Because if it does make a difference I'll take it and not accutane, or otherway I'll stick with this regimen and see...

Thanks in advance!!

Stefy eusa_angel.gif

hey! I have been taking yasmin BCP for 2 years now and i was mainly prescribed to help my acne. after the first 3 months of BCP I saw amazing results. Although i still get an occasional break out my skin has stayed pretty clear. it may be different for everyone though. I am sure that accutane will do wonders. i have friends that have taken it and now there skin is perfect!GOOD LUCK!

Thanks very much for the reply!! I just hoped that if the BCP helped enough I wouldn't take accutane, because actually I'm a bit afraid...

Well, my last appointment with the derm was on the 19th of September, and she gave me a cleanser and a treatment, and tetracycline, while I am waiting for accutane....

The first 2 weeks my skin really improved and I though Accutane wasn't worth it anymore, but now I'm breaking out like before....in a few days I am supposed to take the BCP and in a month I'll start Accutane....but I actually fear it...what do you advise me to do?? Have you taken BCP for acne, and did it make a difference??

Because if it does make a difference I'll take it and not accutane, or otherway I'll stick with this regimen and see...

Thanks in advance!!

Stefy eusa_angel.gif

Thanks very much, anyway I HAVE TO go on the bcp, because if I'll take accutane, my derm absolutely wants me on the bcp, due as the effects that accutane will have on the baby if I get pregnant....I just hope that at least it doen't make my acne worst.....can it be possible?

Thanks very much, anyway I HAVE TO go on the bcp, because if I'll take accutane, my derm absolutely wants me on the bcp, due as the effects that accutane will have on the baby if I get pregnant....I just hope that at least it doen't make my acne worst.....can it be possible?

hey! I have been taking yasmin BCP for 2 years now and i was mainly prescribed to help my acne. after the first 3 months of BCP I saw amazing results. Although i still get an occasional break out my skin has stayed pretty clear. it may be different for everyone though.  I am sure that accutane will do wonders. i have friends that have taken it and now there skin is perfect!GOOD LUCK!

Thanks....I've never been to the gyno so actually I can't tell...there is another way to see if my acne is hormonal??

I'm 18 and my acne just came last year....because of that I didn't think it can be hormonal, because actually this would be time to clear up itself if it was hormonal...what do u think??

Hormonal acne in women is characterized by the breakout's location on the chin and/or jawline, and it's timing with your cycle - usually you'd break out about a week before your period begins, and then clear, only to break out again at the same time in the next cycle. If your acne is more generalized in location and/or timing, it may not be hormonal, or it may be only partially hormonal.

Basically, you should be on BC if you plan to take Accutane, so it won't hurt to try a BC pill like Yasmin (which has properties that improve acne in many users for) for 3 to 6 months before you decide on Accutane. The BC may be enough to clear you on it's own, and if not, then you can elect the Accutane course at that time.

Dianette is a BCP especially for women who have moderate-severe acne. It cleared me up really well for a while.

Ok, so today I got my period and I've just taken the first pill of my young life....I just hope that at least it doesn't make things worst....thank you for the replies...it's bad that in Italy we have other BCPs not Dianette and others....my derm just put me on one...she said it is light, so it shoulnd't hurt... :angel: