Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

4 1/2 months ago my derm gave me a prescription finally so that I could go and get roaccutane. Firstly, though I had to go and get a preliminary blood test to check that my liver and blood fats were ok. I did this and unfortunately one of my liver enzymes was showing up high. It showed up high on 2 subsequent blood tests as well. My derm said to stop oral antibiotics for a month and then have the blood test again. I did this at the end of august, after 6 weeks off oral antibiotics, and my doctor told me that all the results looked fine to him, but have I heard from my derm? Nope. Been 6 weeks now that they would have had my results. It pisses me off quite a bit. My acne has actually improved a lot since I went off oral antibiotics and added benzamycin into my differin regime. But, I really want to go on roaccutane as it will surely give me the best chance of being clear. I could have completed a damn course of the stuff in the time that its taken me to get this far, which isn't very far at all. I need to go to the doctors next week for a 6 month review of my acne, so I'm going to ask them if they've heard anything from my derm and if not, can they chase them the fuck up!