Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest ldanielle

Day after I did my 3rd glycolic peel

Guest ldanielle

I woke up today and my skin feels a bit rough, there is a scab on my chin where I had a spot and on my cheeks I can see like... red spots, but they don't look like spots and aren't sticking up like spots, the skin just feels rough there.

I did my third GA peel at 6 mins at 30% last night if anyone didn't read my other topic.

Is this normal or is it possible I could've done damage to my skin or burnt myself or something? confused.gif It isn't sore, just feels tight.

I just need to know if this is normal and if it will heal.

I woke up today and my skin feels a bit rough, there is a scab on my chin where I had a spot and on my cheeks I can see like... red spots, but they don't look like spots and aren't sticking up like spots, the skin just feels rough there.

I did my third GA peel at 6 mins at 30% last night if anyone didn't read my other topic.

Is this normal or is it possible I could've done damage to my skin or burnt myself or something? confused.gif It isn't sore, just feels tight.

I just need to know if this is normal and if it will heal.

Guest ldanielle

i was advised by someone else on these boards that it would be ok eusa_wall.gif and I never noticed any difference from the previous two at all..

How do you know for sure if you've burned it then?

Guest ldanielle

evil.gif

This site is a fucking load of shit, NO-ONE seems to have a clue what they're talking about. Well fuck it and fuck all the retarded members.

Relax, your skin will heal. I've burnt myself with GA before. Just lay off on the products, and moisturize until your skin heals. You may also want to put some neosporin on, and maybe some aloe vera to help the redness.

You know your skin the best. Be gentle, but learn from your mistakes and eventually you'll find the best methods to improve your skin.

this is normal, it happens to me everytime i use GA...but after 3 or so days all the roughness subsides and my skin feels smooth and marks looks faded (a little)

you'll know when your skin is burning too much if the 'hotness' you experience is causing more than a little discomfort...

hang on in here, i hope your skin is heals soon!

Guest ldanielle

Well there hasn't been any 'hotness' or discomfort at all, not since I put the baking soda on to neutralise it straight after. It's Monday morning now (I did it Friday night) and all the redness from the peel itself has gone, and I might be imagining it but some of the marks do look a TINY BIT lighter, but all in all it's not really made a difference. However, my skin still feels really rough and crackly when I touch it, even though by looking at it you would never guess that. confused.gif I don't understand why that is.

it's probably just that the skin dried by GA has not begun to peel. When you wash your face, mix it with a little bit of exfoliator-so rather than using full on scrub, mix 1:1 with your cleanser. massage very gently onto your skin everyday and then moisturise with aloe vera gel.

try this and hopfully it'll speed up the time it takes for your skin to peel

it's probably just that the skin dried by GA has not begun to peel. When you wash your face, mix it with a little bit of exfoliator-so rather than using full on scrub, mix 1:1 with your cleanser. massage very gently onto your skin everyday and then moisturise with aloe vera gel.

try this and hopfully it'll speed up the time it takes for your skin to peel

There shouldn't be any peeling whatsoever if you properly follow the procedures. You have to understand that glycolic peel is a controlled removal of the top skin surface which is mostly dead cells. There will be slow skin regrowth and minor collegen production. Flaking to the extent that is above your normal baseline should be discussed with your MD. Also, don't expect any major changes with just 1 or 2 glycolic peels. Acid peels in general should be thought of as a long term treatment.

Guest ldanielle

anyway it was perfectly fine about 5 days later. Although it broke me out in a few spots

I've always had better results using a low level (8-15% glycolic acid) cream overnight each night then doing hardcore peels