Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
qwert123

becoming acne free

it took me about one year...i know im VERY lucky...to control my acne. I beleive any one can....as long as they figure out what is causing it...but it is such a frustrating and complex issue. My acne was so bad and scars took forever to heal...now finally my skin is normal again....for me i was lucky....knock on wood...i figured out anything bad in excess ruins my skin...the number one factor is smoking cigs....i used to smoke a pack a day...and after quitting for one month...that made the hugest difference...then i noticed too much sugars or dairy...i can have lets say some cheese or yogurt or even small glass of milka day and maybe one cookie or some fruits (im greedy w sweets) and im fine...but if i start eating like 3 cookies a day and some chocolate...after 2 days ill get pimples....i just wanted to let everyone know there is hope...u just have to figure out what is right for u...everyone is different...dont give up

eating like 3 cookies a day..... i agree with what u say, when i eat badly too my skin breaks. but does this mean that we're going to have to keep eating this incredibly strict diet until we... uh die? ive been craving sweets and i dont know how much longer i can last...

NO!! Im not a strict diet...well at least for me...im lucky i dont have to be! I meant like if i eat 3 BIG cookies...the ones that r HUGE and tons of milk and do that every day for a few days then i suffer...if i have one treat a day...like a BIG cookie...candy bar...icecream...im okay...its only when im GREEDY and eat too much junk...for me...too much of anything bad...causes me break outs...and nuts seems to effect me too....but only if i eat too much!! Its all about trial and error...it took me a freaking year to figure out...but by far is smoking....if i do it every day...then BAD! But once a week like 2 cigs when i go clubbing is okay....some people have to be more strict...but i had severe acne for one year...when i was smoking a pack a day and eating junk....by far what helped me the most was giving up smoking...and second to that is cutting down a bit on the sweets...but some people are more sensitive and allergic to things...everyone is different...and yes it can be so frustrating but i wanted to give hope to people out there...bc for one year i suffered...and really got depressed...

I like the subject of this thread.

I think it is really really important to try to understand the cause of our acne before we can fully understand how to heal it.

Having said that, some people are still able to successfully treat it without knowing the source, but it may not always be as effective as they would like. I think discovering the cause of our own acne can clarify a lot.

I am not yet at this point, but I look forward to getting there!

I agree here. Two, three months after I dropped milk + sugars and supplemented with vitamins my acne went away. I have met many doctors and no one told me to adjust my diet.

If I just could find a cure for my oily forehead..

I agree here. Two, three months after I dropped milk + sugars and supplemented with vitamins my acne went away. I have met many doctors and no one told me to adjust my diet.

If I just could find a cure for my oily forehead..

it took me about one year...i know im VERY lucky...to control my acne.  I beleive any one can....as long as they figure out what is causing it...but it is such a frustrating and complex issue.  My acne was so bad and scars took forever to heal...now finally my skin is normal again....for me i was lucky....knock on wood...i figured out anything bad in excess ruins my skin...the number one factor is smoking cigs....i used to smoke a pack a day...and after quitting for one month...that made the hugest difference...then i noticed too much sugars or dairy...i can have lets say some cheese or yogurt or even small glass of milka day and maybe one cookie or some fruits (im greedy w sweets) and im fine...but if i start eating like 3 cookies a day and some chocolate...after 2 days ill get pimples....i just wanted to let everyone know there is hope...u just have to figure out what is right for u...everyone is different...dont give up

it took me about one year...i know im VERY lucky...to control my acne.  I beleive any one can....as long as they figure out what is causing it...but it is such a frustrating and complex issue.  My acne was so bad and scars took forever to heal...now finally my skin is normal again....for me i was lucky....knock on wood...i figured out anything bad in excess ruins my skin...the number one factor is smoking cigs....i used to smoke a pack a day...and after quitting for one month...that made the hugest difference...then i noticed too much sugars or dairy...i can have lets say some cheese or yogurt or even small glass of milka day and maybe one cookie or some fruits (im greedy w sweets) and im fine...but if i start eating like 3 cookies a day and some chocolate...after 2 days ill get pimples....i just wanted to let everyone know there is hope...u just have to figure out what is right for u...everyone is different...dont give up

We just don't know whether if it's what we eat or what we put on our face or the air we breathe, but no one seems to know the answer to getting rid of acne. It's amazing the number papers and comments and research out there that has been done or made on acne. Everyone has their own take. I've always said this. We need to go with the study of Accutane and its effects on acne...it doesn't totally get rid of it for many, but it does everything you want it to when you're on it. What is it about Accutane? Where can we find something that is healthy yet effective enough as Accutane in the long-term? We have the ability figure out treatments for to control diabetes and to deplete a cancer and even control AIDS symptoms, but we can't figure out how to treat acne!! It totally confounds, frustrates and amazes me!!!

i agree with the diet, too much dairy, sweets and carbs is not good. For me its pork products, ham, sausage and nut products. Can't even smell them causes hugh,painful break outs on my neck that take forever to heal. Never on my face, just on my neck, some one on another thread suggested that I had a iodine sensitivity, so I try to cut out the salt too. Man, thats the hard part, salt, but oh, well. I would rather have clear skin and do with out pork and nuts.