Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
WashingtonBullet

Sleeping Positions & The Regimen

Perhaps this question is silly, perhaps it's not, but I was wondering if I could get other perspectives from experienced Regimen-devotees regarding sleeping positions and the effectiveness of the Regimen.

Specifically, I tend to fall asleep with one side of my face pressed against a pillow. Could this negatively affect the regimen? Should I be sleeping with the back of my head against my pillow? I guess the question is sort of moot, because regardless of the answer, I'll just continue to sleep the way I sleep -- I find it extremely challenging to sleep on my back. But thanks to anyone who shares their opinion.

It's not really that big of a deal if you change your pillow case often and maybe even use soft gentle clothes/towels over your pillows. Ideally you want to sleep on your back. If you can't sleep on your back then sleeping on your sides is perfectly fine, don't even worry about that just make sure the pillow cases and pillows and all that are getting washed on a regular basis.

This isn't completely Regimen-related, but changing sleeping positions to sleep on your back really helped me a lot. I used to sleep on the side and often had bumps at the sides of my face but now it's pretty clear there. Sometimes I can't get used to sleeping straight up but as long as you take care not to press the side of your face down, it should be fine.

I have built up a habit of uncomfort when my face is touched where i could breakout during the day or night (between the applications). I can touch my sideburns and my forehead with no problem, but i feel hesitation when the places where I used to breakout are touched. I sleep on my side, but my face isnt pressed against the pillow, only a small part on the side on my face is touching the pillow (the very side; the sideburns), the rest isn't. I never breakout there anyway. Lol hope that makes sense.

I have built up a habit of uncomfort when my face is touched where i could breakout during the day or night (between the applications). I can touch my sideburns and my forehead with no problem, but i feel hesitation when the places where I used to breakout are touched. I sleep on my side, but my face isnt pressed against the pillow, only a small part on the side on my face is touching the pillow (the very side; the sideburns), the rest isn't. I never breakout there anyway.  Lol hope that makes sense.

but you'll also have to either wash your hair before you sleep, or that when your face lands, it's not on some spot that was already covered by your hair!

but you'll also have to either wash your hair before you sleep, or that when your face lands, it's not on some spot that was already covered by your hair!

I agree with the thing about changing your pillowcases as often as possible.

Also, I usually sleep on my side, and often do so with my arm or hand under my face... I've found it's been really helpful to try to avoid this extra skin contact with my face, as it certainly wasn't helping the situation.