Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stuff

any advice?

well, i've been on the regimen for almost four months. for the most part i've been using the basis soap and the bp gel.

things were good. i didn't break out. ever. my skin was remarkably clear, except some dryness, but that was no problem.

about two weeks ago began to notice that my skin is getting progressively more oily. i'm using the neutrogena moisturizer, so i decided to switch to the olay one and it just made all the dead skin ball up and was gross. i'm following the same procedure i have been for almost 3 months, but my skin is so much more oily then has been. i've also been noticing some days ill get a spot where it is raised under the skin, and itches and looks like a bug bite - but isn't. if i just glob bp on it, it will go away in about an hour. there's also just bumps under my skin that won't itch at all, and won't go away. these last two weeks are the first time i've seen it, then two days ago i wake up with small bumps all over my forehead - where i've never even seen acne. my skin is also starting to get more red and irratated looking. i don't know what's going on.

because of this i'm contemplating just going back to washing my face with somehting containing salicylic acid. suggestions?

also: i've been taking tetracycaline since may. if that affects anything.

Look into a more skin friendly moisturizer, something light but that moisturizes deep and gets the job done. There are plenty of recommendations on the site, Olay isn't one of them.

well, i've been on the regimen for almost four months. for the most part i've been using the basis soap and the bp gel.

things were good. i didn't break out. ever. my skin was remarkably clear, except some dryness, but that was no problem.

about two weeks ago began to notice that my skin is getting progressively more oily. i'm using the neutrogena moisturizer, so i decided to switch to the olay one and it just made all the dead skin ball up and was gross. i'm following the same procedure i have been for almost 3 months, but my skin is so much more oily then has been. i've also been noticing some days ill get a spot where it is raised under the skin, and itches and looks like a bug bite - but isn't. if i just glob bp on it, it will go away in about an hour. there's also just bumps under my skin that won't itch at all, and won't go away. these last two weeks are the first time i've seen it, then two days ago i wake up with small bumps all over my forehead - where i've never even seen acne. my skin is also starting to get more red and irratated looking. i don't know what's going on.

because of this i'm contemplating just going back to washing my face with somehting containing salicylic acid. suggestions?