Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
edaley

Will a derm give me accutane? (PICS)

This is me 2 months ago...i thought i finnally out grew acne but nope it is back in full force now.

user posted image

This is me now. eusa_wall.gif

user posted image

Im going to make my first appointment some time next week but i dont want to get perscribed something stupid like Retin-A. What are my chances of getting accutane?

Yea you're acne might be severe enough even thought it isn't really that bad its just that easy to get it. You also seem to have oily skin like I do so that might also help your chances. The thing is, if you haven't tried any prescriptions yet then you might not get it.

A derm may or may not prescribe accuatne to you, but I would try other options first. Some derms will prescribe it to you just because you want it, but a good derm will exhaust all other options first. I feel that accutane is and should be viewed as a "last resort" drug. I've been there and done that and the acne only came back a few years later. It was recommended to me that I try a second course of accutane, but I refused due to the side affects. My dad was also on accutane and he still has acne in his mid-40's.

Your acne is moderate. You will probably go on a doxy or mino and a retinoid before they put you on accutane.

It's like mine where it flairs up, I've used various topicals and antibiotics since late 02, I'm just going to a derm this year in hopes to get roaccutane.

To me your acne looks very mild, like it could be treated with OTC stuff, like Proactiv or something easier. If I were a derm, I would probably get you to try something else first. I'm not really seeing what you are seeing. (Most people aren't...) But good luck with whatever you end up using, looks like you'll clear pretty quickly no matter what.

My grandpa and mom just told me how my face looks terrible. You cant really tell how bad it is by that picture. This is by far the worst breakout of my life. Ive tried everything under the sun for the last 6 years (except perscriptions) and nothing has worked.

My grandpa and mom just told me how my face looks terrible.  You cant really tell how bad it is by that picture.  This is by far the worst breakout of my life.  Ive tried everything under the sun for the last 6 years (except perscriptions) and nothing has worked.

jeez, derms prescribe roaccutane to acne as mild as that? I had to go on like every anti-biotic and topical in the book and had huge cysts at my derm appointment when i was prescribed it.

derms prescribe it to ppl that have begun to scar, even lightly. or if they look like they will potentially scar. that's one of the main criteria.

i HIGHLY doubt a derm would give you accutane for your acne man, thats nothign! i recommed you try out some b5, minocyclin, and depending how sensitive your skin is duac or differin, one of those things. you really need to have cysts to get accutane, my derm wouldnt give it to me for the second round even tho i wanted it.

but for acne like that, accutanes side effects are just not worth it. you'll have dry skin for pretty much the rest of your life, it fucked up my stomach, it messes with your emotions while your on it and i know a lot of people that need zoloft afterwards. but these people had horrible acne and that stuff is worht it. try out some prescriptions first, accutanes curing ability is tempting but it defintily comes at a price. b5 can work really well for some people, you just have to remember to take it 3 or 4 times a day. check out www.acnemiracle.com, its pretty cheap there.

My acne was probably comparable to yours, maybe even lighter, and i still got accutane. It doesnt look that bad, but i know its frustrating as hell, i've been there. I'm from europe though. Just tell him you've tried everything. They'll probably give you a topical retinoid first (differin ?) cause your acne seems a bit "superficial", like mine.

I'm envious of your teeth, how do you get them so white?

Good luck man.

heh, I doubt you will get it too. It doesn't seem like you have any cysts, mostly just little ones.

OTC stuff would problee work well for you..

Your acne is very mild, definitley not a case for accutance. If a derm prescibes you this he's overdoing it, IMO. It's still reserved for moderate to severe acne, which yours doesn't appear to be.

try saying something like, look at these cysts and scars!!! I did and he said "I agree" and my acne severity is almost like yours

You could always get roaccutane depends how badly you want it, If you tell the dermatologist acne is mentally effecting you then you will get it. and from accutane should clear you out if not the first time then definately 2nd time pass rate for first time 60% and sometimes it comes back but less badly then before.

however unfortunately from the looks of it u will have some scarring like hyperpigmentation marks (brown marks) left by ur acne and this might be able to be got rid of by microdermabrasion. but then again this is just my opinion. gdluck anyhow with whatever u decide 2 do.

From that pic, I don't see any problems. My face is like yours but once in awhile i'll get some nice plump zits on my face somewhere. Do you have any body acne that is severe? If thats the case the doc will prescribe for sure. Thats how I am getting prescribed for it.

depends on your derm, i get my pills on monday, my derm said i should do it asap cuz soon its gonna get even harder to get it, he said near impossible. some kind of regulation or what not.

depends on your derm, i get my pills on monday, my derm said i should do it asap cuz soon its gonna get even harder to get it, he said near impossible. some kind of regulation or what not.