Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gekisen

Does anyone have something else

I'm short too, 5'0." That's never really bothered me that much though, except when I get mistaken for a kid (acne helps that for some reason). I look like I'm about 16 (even been mistaken of 13 or 14) but I'm 24.

As far as things worse than acne go, I was recently diagnosed with melanoma, on the bottom of my foot (go figure). I've had it all removed and I managed to be able to keep my all of toes (almost lost one). Walking is kinda weird, and I have a nifty scar on the bottom of my foot now. But man, that was scary. It was there for 2 years and could have spread (it didn't and was actually just superficial). That totally put things in perspective. I was so worried about my acne that I ignored a funny looking mole on the bottom of my foot, simply because no one could see it. It could have killed me.

Im guesing that my worst defect is my eyesight.

I'm pretty badly nearsighted.... -4.75 on both eyes. Its a real pain in the ass having to put on contacts every morning and i still have to wait until I'm 21 to have LASIK surgery.

I'm short too, 5'0."  That's never really bothered me that much though, except when I get mistaken for a kid (acne helps that for some reason).  I look like I'm about 16 (even been mistaken of 13 or 14) but I'm 24.

As far as things worse than acne go, I was recently diagnosed with melanoma, on the bottom of my foot (go figure).  I've had it all removed and I managed to be able to keep my all of toes (almost lost one).  Walking is kinda weird, and I have a nifty scar on the bottom of my foot now.  But man, that was scary.  It was there for 2 years and could have spread (it didn't and was actually just superficial).  That totally put things in perspective.  I was so worried about my acne that I ignored a funny looking mole on the bottom of my foot, simply because no one could see it.  It could have killed me.

Aswell as acne my hair is falling out at the tender age of 22 and has been since I was 19, I have psoriasis which is now 100% under control (that shit is 50 times worse than acne!!), I'm missing the top of my little finger and I have a huge scar across my arm and chest which is now covered by a tatoo, but its still visible up close.

Im guesing that my worst defect is my eyesight.

I'm pretty badly nearsighted.... -4.75 on both eyes. Its a real pain in the ass having to put on contacts every morning and i still have to wait until I'm 21 to have LASIK surgery.

well my problems all coincide with each other. first was my body acne, that led to me stop working out, which led to a huge weight gain, went from 155 , to about 215, and im only a 5'7 male, and from that i got stretch marks all over, so basically its suck being me right now. and the shit of it is, all these problems stem from acne, i just stopped giving a shit after acne scarred the shit out of my back. FUCK LIFE!

Anyone who'se been around these boards for awhile knows that acne is the least of my personal problems. For brevity's sake, I'll copy something I wrote in another thread -

"Rape, beatings, abandonment, homelessness, homeless shelters, four different foster homes, a mother who was just fine with the first husband who beat the crap out of me and just LOOOVED the second husband who tried to have sex with me."

A long history in and out of drug addiction, an even longer period recovering from that and trying to catch up to the rest of my peers in those "real world" skills that I missed when I was out being a junkie - yadda yadda yadda.

Acne sucks. But the fact that I have the time and emotional energy to even think about my acne is a good thing for me. It means the worst of the past is OVER.

Oh, don't be too sad. smile.gif I'm fairly well adjusted for all of it. (fairly, at least). I have my bad days, but I also have my good days, too.

In the end, that's all I can ask for because that's all ANYONE gets. Acne free or not, happy childhood or bad childhood, cancer or no cancer - all anyone gets in this life are good days and bad days.

So, in a way, there's alot about my life that is different from other people's. But in a bigger way, there's not. And that's good.

Ulcerative Colitis ( active ) Facial Hyperhidrosis ( was awful but have foung a drug that works wonders ) Vitiligo. Cystic acne was by far the worst, no escape from it, as it's all over your face.

I got a huge penis...but the doctor said it was natural..

Now, dis bitch da other day told me to take it easy...i was like, "don't worry babeh, i'll go easy on ya". sad.gif

Hm. I'm Korean and 6' 1". The height ain't all that since asian girls usually aren't at least 5' 7"~5' 8". When it comes to height, caucasian gals definitely got it down... unfortunately, they don't have eyes for straight up asian guys. Soooo, I wish I were half-something... half-korean, half-caucasian would be damn great.

Haha. Hmm... I do have a good amount of white hairs on the back of my head. My eyesight is horrendous. I tend to talk really fast and stutter. I also have an insanely fast metabolism. Having to constantly eat is an irritating chore.

I spoke with my dad on the phone the other day. He was telling me this was happening to me because I fall apart under pressure. He also went on to say that I may feel inadequate now, but once I become a professional in the working field, things will start to look up. People look at you as a whole, including what you do in life--not necessarily the individual aspects you might knit-pick about yourself. But that being said, I still find it extremely difficult to keep my chin up. I'm trying though. (I still wish I could meet one of those cute chinese girls I always see downtown.)

I encourage everyone else to keep fighting the good fight.

Elsewhere: Hearing your story makes me feel lucky to have kind, caring parents.

Meking: That makes me feel a lil better about myself. Thanks for sharing.

Allykat: Prostitution? AIDS? To tell you the truth, I don't think I've ever heard anyone say that before. But honestly, I'm VERY sorry to hear that. cry.gif

Allykat: Prostitution? AIDS?  To tell you the truth, I don't think I've ever heard anyone say that before.  But honestly, I'm VERY sorry to hear that.  cry.gif

I think I obsess about my weight a lot more than my acne. I'm 5'4 and about 140 pounds, which isnt exactly fat but I have fat bits and I dont feel comfortable with myself. Curvy some people call me, I call it fat. But this brings me to my next problem, which is no willpower. I'd love to be thinner, I just cant stick to a diet sad.gif

It really is amazing how so many people don't commit suicide. Sure, we focus on the ones who do, but to be in the position of being unwanted and unloved by anyone or anything, and still living is something to be commended.

If you haven't lived the life of someone who is completely unwanted and unloved by everyone, then you really don't understand. These people are being courageous simply by not killing themselves.

Aswell as acne my hair is falling out at the tender age of 22 and has been since I was 19, I have psoriasis which is now 100% under control (that shit is 50 times worse than acne!!), I'm missing the top of my little finger and I have a huge scar across my arm and chest which is now covered by a tatoo, but its still visible up close.