Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
llamallama

Trying out "all-in-1" b5 time-released pills

I've had moderate, persistant acne for several years now. The dermatologist has put me on several drugs, all of which worked to varying degrees. The most effective one I've used so far is the antibiotic Bactrim DS... so effective, in fact, that when my face was completely cleared up, I stopped taking the thing. BIG MISTAKE. Needless to say, I experienced another breakout, this time a rather severe one on the chest and back and a moderate one on my face. As for topicals, I use tazorac and a papaya fruit cleanser, both of which help.

Anyway, I've started taking the Bactrim again, twice a day. The derm told me that he wants me to reduce the dosage to once every other day by weaning off of it, but I told him how that didn't work too well for me, and he said I could "experiment" to see what's the most effective maintenence dosage. I'm doing the initial 2-a-day dosage right now just to clear myself up, but I've also added another element into the treatment, which hopefully will allow me to abandon Bactrim succesfully the next time... it's called "all-in-1," and it's sold at www.acne-vitamins.com.

For those of you who follow the b5 trend, all-in-1 claims to work just as well or better than mega dosing on b5. The pills are 1000 mg (1 g) each, and you are supposed to take 1-3 a day. The website claims that by making them time-released, your body absorbs them just as well as mega dosing... the only reason mega-dosing works, claims the author, is because you take them over a period of time. He believes that the body cannot normally absorb 10g of b5, which is why the 1 g pills are supposed to be sufficient.

The problem of determining the efficacy will be, of course, the fact that I'm going to continue taking Bactrim for a while. Currently, I'd rather be SURE that the pimples are going to go away before I make myself a guinea pig. But because Bactrim does nothing for oiliness, and b5 is supposed to reduce/eliminate excess sebum, hopefully I'll be able to tell if this stuff is working. Cause I have damn oily skin. And if my oiliness does seem to go down, I will try to reduce Bactrim and eventually end it. I don't think Bactrim is good stuff for my body... it has some rare-but-serious side effects (which is why my derm wants me to get a blood test in a few months). I'm also worried that my sporadic habits with taking the pill could lead to resistance, which is never good.

So, I'll try and keep everyone updated. Has anyone else tried all-in-1 before, with success? The author of the website seems pretty dedicated to and confident in his product, as I've read from his blog (http://www.acne-vitamins.com/allclear/) Shipping was great... I got the product 3 days after ordering.

Well, wish me luck!

So I'm on day three of taking the pills, and my acne seems pretty clear, but I can't definitively say if they've kicked in yet.

I know I've seen people post before on the boards saying that they're taking this pill... but nobody seems to follow up with whether or not it works. Anybody willling to share their experience?

I've tried it before same pills and company!!

The first bottle i did was 2 pills a day morning and nite for 3 weeks. NO RESULTS!! After that the guy reccomended i take 3 pills a day. Did that for a month and still NO RESULTS. My pee was DARK YELLOW everyday and i felt dizzy all the time. Finally gave up and the guy who runs this business gave me a FULL REFUND!!!

So if it doesn't work for you at least you get your money backl!!!

The first bottle i did was 2 pills a day morning and nite for 3 weeks. NO RESULTS!! After that the guy reccomended i take 3 pills a day. Did that for a month and still NO RESULTS. My pee was DARK YELLOW everyday and i felt dizzy all the time. Finally gave up and the guy who runs this business gave me a FULL REFUND!!!

Weird but positive effect from taking this B5... my allergies seem to be going down. Maybe I'm just crazy, but I haven't had an allergy attack in days now. I have pretty bad indoor allergies, and owning a cat doesn't make it much better. Whenever I feel the allergies acting up, I take a zyrtec... but since i've started taking b5 there's been no need. B5 has been used to treat allergies way before it was used to treat acne, and i'm taking the reccomended allergy treatment dose... so, hey, maybe I've found two cures in one!

Currently my back and chest acne is really bad... a few months back, I was entirely CLEAR on the back, and my face was horrible. My regimen was exactly the same, only no all-in-one. I hope that the all-in-one gets rid of this back/chest acne... it was such a miraculous cure when it went away, I have no idea why it came back. *sigh* you just can't win.

That sucks that it didn't work for you, iceboi. What kinda acne do you have? It looks like you've got a pretty extensive regimen... is it working for you now?

Does that Carley's soap work at all for bacne? The instructions seem kinda funny for the soap... you're supposed to clenase with the BP scrub first, and then use her all-natural soap bar second? Wouldn't you run out of the bar alot quicker than you do the scrub? Should I use both in the shower? What about on my face? Heh, it looks promising, but I'm just not sure if it's worth the money yet. Thanks smile.gif

Iceboi, I've realized you have taken a few pills for acne. Could you list every product taken orally you've tried to clear up your acne?

Thanks.

Does that Carley's soap work at all for bacne? The instructions seem kinda funny for the soap... you're supposed to clenase with the BP scrub first, and then use her all-natural soap bar second? Wouldn't you run out of the bar alot quicker than you do the scrub? Should I use both in the shower? What about on my face? Heh, it looks promising, but I'm just not sure if it's worth the money yet. Thanks smile.gif

My acne is from moderate to a bit severe in just RED MARKS!! My pimples are actively moderatet tho LOTS of REDMARKS and some scarring!!!

The Regimen i'm using now is just keeping my acne at bay I can't say I'm clear but it's helping ALOT.

No, The Carley's Soap doesn't work for Bacne. Combining the Carley's Scrub plus Nature's Cure Papaya Cleanser to clean the back area only CLEARS my BACNE significatly. The best thing ever!!

I don't use the Carley's Soap I find it a bit toooo DRYING, it does moisturize and everything but if you look closely at the ingredients they are made up of a lot of oils. I use another brand of Soap called The Soap works, they have a variety of soaps to choose from I use the one Carbolic Soap right now and it's suppose to help clear Acne.

I really wouldn't reccomend the scrub because you would really have to use it for 3 or months to see acutal results. I've been using it for 4 months and saq slight results. You have to be committed to this product, meaning you can't use anything else besides carley's Scrub. You may change to an all natural soap but that's it. For moisturizer i would definetly Reccomend Fruit of the Earth's Aloe Vera Gel any other moisturizer like cetaphil, Olay, or what ever can't be used also an SPG is necessary they only reccomend Coppertone's Spray on.

There's a lot of stuff you have to follow if you want to see potent results, so you really have to be COMMITTED if you want to use this product.

Oh, by the way, <b>day five</b> of All in One. I really do believe that the pills are having an effect on my oil production... today, my face was a little dry/flaky (not VERY dry, just a little)... oil production was low. I'm still taking two bactrim a day because I think it will help knock out all of the horrible bacne/chest acne I've recently got, but my face is 95% clear, perhaps with the help of these pills. Just knowing that you're face isn't all gross and shiny in the humid Florida weather is comforting smile.gif.

Please let me know how Carley's is working out for u!!

Did you get the 2.5% or 5% BP wash?

I'm thinking of getting their competition which has TEA TREE OIL as their Active ingriedient its called Juliette's

Please let me know how Carley's is working out for u!!

Did you get the 2.5% or 5% BP wash?

I'm thinking of getting their competition which has TEA TREE OIL as their Active ingriedient its called Juliette's

I got the 5% tonight, just tried it out on my face. I like it a LOT more than St. Ives... the bar soap + scrub makes my face so soft! I didn't follow their directions though... heh, I put on tazorac after my face dried. I think that the little "dont mix medication" rule they have is kinda silly... if stuff works, it works.

I can't wait to try it in the shower, cause my body is where the acne is really bad... hopefully it will work. I will try using my papaya wash also, as you said.

I saw Juliette's... doesn't look bad, it's kinda the opposite philosophy as Carley's (uses acid exfoliation instead of BP).

As far as All-in-One goes... I'm on day 7, now (I think?? hah, I forgot)... my acne on the face is totally clear, but that is most likely due to Bactrim (that antibiotic, though not very safe, works FAST). I've reduced bactrim to once a day (starting today), so now all-in-one is really going to be put to the test. Will it keep my face clear? Will it help get rid of this horrible bacne? Only time can tell. :-P