Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest ldanielle

I believe that

Guest ldanielle

...that BP can cause a LOT more red marks than usual when it gets rid of spots compared to even just leaving them alone, or using other things (if you have mild acne, this is).

From my own experience, I don't think this Regimen is a good idea for those with pale/sensitive skin, any red mark left by a spot that I had before the BP always went within a few days, I went to the docs today and he said I may have something like 'residual scarring', this is in the places with the marks where the spots that BP got rid of were...

So, although it is good at getting rid of acne, I think there should be some sort of warning it can fuck up your skin with marks if it's pale and sensitive. Just a suggestion. Because I definitely would have used something else for mine if I had've known this beforehand. In my opinion, people should use something else if their acne is only mild.

...that BP can cause a LOT more red marks than usual when it gets rid of spots compared to even just leaving them alone, or using other things (if you have mild acne, this is).

From my own experience, I don't think this Regimen is a good idea for those with pale/sensitive skin, any red mark left by a spot that I had before the BP always went within a few days, I went to the docs today and he said I may have something like 'residual scarring', this is in the places with the marks where the spots that BP got rid of were...

So, although it is good at getting rid of acne, I think there should be some sort of warning it can fuck up your skin with marks if it's pale and sensitive. Just a suggestion. Because I definitely would have used something else for mine if I had've known this beforehand. In my opinion, people should use something else if their acne is only mild.

Guest ldanielle

Dan himself has told me BP does nothing for red marks, it actually slows down their healing and makes them worse, and using it for my spots is what actually made me start getting red marks in the first place, although it is quick to get rid of them, I never used to be left with red marks after months when a spot is gone before I used the BP.

Guest mishmosh

same for me Idanielle......Im covered in red blotches from old spots. Im a month into it.

I feel the regimen is too strong for sensitive fair english skin (doesnt tan, just burns). I could never use a 'finger length' ! Ok if you are a man with darker skin, but there are too many variables and variations in skin types.

man... I'm about 4 months in and I have red spots all over the place as well as on the receiving end of a fresh breakout... yay. sad.gif

Guest mishmosh

i feel like giving up today.

my face is full of bright red scars and is flakey as anything.

Guest mishmosh

a couple of years?!

oh hell. no way

I feel the regimen is too strong for sensitive fair english skin (doesnt tan, just burns).

Yeah i have also found that red marks left from acne that was treated with bp stick around forever. Whereas, before i ever used any treatment at all on my acne i never used to get red marks. And i used to pick the pimples all the time to and still no red marks.

Im Scared sad.gif Is this true...does bp really make red marks stay around longer?? Right now i still have a lot of acne but its getting to the point where there arent so many bumps and more red marks which is good but now im afraid theyre going to stay around for a while. I felt like i was getting somewhere. Now im gonna be depressed.

yep, bp does hinder the healing of the skin. those bacteria are on everyones skin. the only reason that we acne sufferers get acne is cause our skin is creating an ideal environment for the bacteria to flourish.

if acne was solely caused by bacteria then it would be contagious. its much more than just bacteria.

Eh, doesn't Dan state that after like 2 months your marks are supposed to fade?

My marks look the same I think. I'm now only applying the BP to active pimples. It dries out my skin way too much.

Yea i noticed he said that too..by month 2 they should be going away. But then in the FAQ he quotes

"A red mark on the skin called an erythematous macule will fade in four to six months after an acne outbreak - but it may get temporarily redder when your skin gets hot or when you exercise. This red macule is not a scar, and is not permanent. In a dark skinned person, the macule may appear as a darker patch on the skin. This is not a scar, either."

So i guess it takes a while after all...FUCK

is there anything that helps get rid of the marks..or something to hide it..im not a chick or a clown so that =no makeup

i have more red marks than actual spots. Think im going to start putting the bp just on the areas i think are spots --- and leave the areas that seem to be healing.

Plus it flakes my skin and im not putting in more crap -- moisturiser.

Guest ldanielle
same for me Idanielle......Im covered in red blotches from old spots. Im a month into it.

I feel the regimen is too strong for sensitive fair english skin (doesnt tan, just burns). I could never use a 'finger length' ! Ok if you are a man with darker skin, but there are too many variables and variations in skin types.

Glycolic peels are the best way to get rid of red marks. I was getting them before I got on the regimen and will again once I hit the 3 month mark. After 1 peel my red marks were dramatically lightened . Get a series of peels ( about 1 every 2 wks. for 12 wks) You will be so happy with the results.

Guest ldanielle

If glycolic peels are SO good for red marks, why is it IMPOSSIBLE to find even one set of before and after photos on results with them...? I don't think so really.

If glycolic peels are SO good for red marks, why is it IMPOSSIBLE to find even one set of before and after photos on results with them...? I don't think so really.

I've got extremely light skin and...yeah, I've got a huge redmark problem. Like really, 90% of the problem is the damn marks/scars left over. If all of those were gone...then the maybe 8 or 9 breakouts on my entire face wouldn't be much of a problem. Those eventually dry up and peel off...and they get more and more infrequent as I get older (or so I hope). It's the red marks that blend with it that make it look bad.

I agree that exfoliation helps...i got lots of red marks that turned dark (dunno why that happens to me) usually these marks take months and months to fade off. Recently i tried combining the vinegar and lemon method from the other forum with the regimen..it helps. What i do ...after washing my face..i use slightly diluted vinegar on my face..leave it on for about 15 mins and then apply the bp gel and so forth. I notice that it helps exfoliate really well. It somehow flakes off the dead skin bit by bit. When i wash off my face at the end of the day..it feels really smooth. And i think the process of clearing has sped up.