Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Graphite

Accutane 30mg 2x a day.

I was perscribed accutane today after having good results in the blood test, He perscribed me 30mg 2x a day for 5 months. In the past Ive used retin-a, bp, tetracycline, minocycline. Hopefully this will end it all.

Day 1

Took my first set of pills 3 10mg's = 30mg. Face has a few cysts and nodules on it and lots of redmarks. Face is really oily.

Hey dude . I've just started accutane too. However, my derm (who is pretty old) didnt get any blood test done; i saw him yesterday and started my course this morning... weird.. but i'll take it ! He basically asked if i was in good health and i told him i was in perfect health. He put me on 40 mg/day for two months and i'll see him after. Ive used pretty much what you have used and nothing.. Ill try to keep updated as we start at the same time.

Hello -

I'm on 60 mg for 5 months, too! Just curious as to your weight. . . (you don't have to answer this) - I'm 105, so I thought 60 mg would be a lot, but it's been almost 2 months, now, and I am happy to say that I really haven't had many side effects and my face looks great (aside from being a little red and flaky in spots). . .

Best of luck to you!

- C.

I weigh 170lbs, Im pretty sure my dermatologist is going to increase the MG's in a month or so. Im glad things are going great for you, I can't wait to see my results

Day 2

My face is getting really oily, my lips are slightly dry (or maybe they were dry to begin with before I even took accutane haha wink.gif ). No new breakouts YET, some of the old pimples that were healing before I started are almost gone at the moment.

You're lucky you will be getting your dose increased. . . my dem. has already made it clear that 60 mg is my max for the entire treatment. . . but I guess all is fair since you weigh considerably more than I do.

I wonder why your dose is divided into 3 10 mg pills 2x a day = 6 pills a day. . . I don't know how your insurance works, but I pay the same price for each pill, regardless of the potency. My dosage regminen is therefore a lot easier on the bank: I take 1 40 mg pill one day, and 2 40 mg pills the next. In the end it averages to 60 mg per day. . . Just thought if cost was an issue, you might ask to have your dosage divided this way. . .

But anyway - as I said earlier - good luck!

- C.

I think its because I got the last bit of Accutane left, because she didn't even give me a full months worth because she said this is the last bit of accutane she has left and I have to pick up the rest on wednesday of this upcoming week. My insurance I have no idea about, its supported by the military so we don't pay jack squat for our perscriptions its all free.

You're lucky you will be getting your dose increased. . . my dem. has already made it clear that 60 mg is my max for the entire treatment. . .  but I guess all is fair since you weigh considerably more than I do.

I wonder why your dose is divided into 3 10 mg pills 2x a day = 6 pills a day. . .  I don't know how your insurance works, but I pay the same price for each pill, regardless of the potency.  My dosage regminen is therefore a lot easier on the bank: I take 1 40 mg pill one day, and 2 40 mg pills the next.  In the end it averages to 60 mg per day. . .  Just thought if cost was an issue, you might ask to have your dosage divided this way. . .

But anyway - as I said earlier - good luck!

- C.

Day 4

Face is getting SUPER oily, like nasty oily. but in the crease where the nose is at its really dry there and starting to flake and geting crusty. my lips are starting to peel and getting dry.

*edit* possible sign of breaking out, I got a pack of 4-5 pimples on my jawline on the right side of my face, its brand spanking new by the way it feels and there is no head. also I saw a pimple on my neck (whoa wierd spot).

Day 5

Face a little bit more greasy, a cluster of dry skin is starting to show up on the creases of my nose.. no new spots then the ones i pointed out in the previous post. Redmarks seems redder. Drying of the lips is starting to show up but im a lip bitter so I usually end up biting on it and peeling off the skin lol. Hopefully blistex will fix that. Im going to start my cutting cycle, going to eat 500 less calories then my matinence and bump up my protein intake to around 250-300. Right now I am 172lb~ and looking to get around 150-155lbs @ 10% bodyfat. Going to take me a bit but i'm gonna go through it. I used to be 235lbs then went down to 160lbs then gained 12lbs lol. Sucked oh well. hopefully this won't be stalled by the accutane intake or so.

*edit* Updating on the break out spots. Theres a new spot on the left jawline area one big ol cyst there. Then theres like 1 cyst on my right with 3-4 normal pimples around its area. I got a white head in the t-area but nothing else. A cyst on my lower right cheek. and a cyst on my left temple.. all these are new spots.. sucks that the breakouts are big giant cysts, I was expecting allot of normal pimples.. Oh well lots not jynx my self for more.

Day 6

Face same as yesterday, less oily.. the creases of my nose is really crusty and burns sometimes. face is a little itchy at times.

*edit*

I counted up the cysts and

Theres 1 big one on my left jawline area, 1 medium sized one on my left temple, 1 medium sized one developing into a cyst on my left cheek, 1 small cyst possibly developing on my forehead above the left eyebrow, and possibly another small cyst developing above my right eyebrow. The right cheek area is kinda clear just one healing cyst there and on the jawline.. wow its like a eruption there.. theres about 5-6 pimples there a few of them cysts all clustered together and another cyst a little bit downward near the middle of my jawline. and a small pimple on my like right at the end of my left eyebrow to top off all the new spots I noticed.. Its not that bad besides the "bigger" cysts are like inflamed and red .

I can officially say, The initial breakout is starting.

Day 7

Face is way less oily today, the redmarks are less red and overall my face is less red. Dryness is starting to show up in some places and continues on the creases of my nose. The big cyst on my left jawline reduced somewhat in size. The one on my left temple has a whitehead on it now. I got around 3 pimples devevoping on my forehead near the t area between-ish my eyebrows. One of them seems like it has a whitehead developing. The 2 small pimples on my right eyebrow reduced in size and one of the busted today when I got done washing my face. The one cyst on my right cheek has reduced in size and the cluster of 4-5 pimples are starting to develop heads and are way less painfull today.

Overall seems like everything is developing a head, are less red, and swollen.

*edit*

I think im getting some of that joint pain... :/

Week 1 Day 1

About 4 cysts on my right jawline, I think there a cyst developing next to a healing cyst on my right cheek. There is about 4-5 seperate pimples on my right jawline not inlcuding those cysts. On my forehead the 3 pimples that were on my forehead are now healing one of them had 2 white heads on it and they both busted they are still draining after I did my before bed wash. I got a new pimple developing on my t-area right between my eyebrows. The cyst on my left temple is going down in swelling and has came to a whitehead and that busted while I was sleeping and now is going away and healing. On the left cheeks its relatively clear besides a few healing pimples but there is 1 cyst on my cheek that has a head that is wanting to just bust open but im not going to pressure it. There is a pimple developing on my chin and i removed some dried sebum that was clogging the head now it seems like it is basically draining out. The one cyst on my left jawline has reduced greatly and is now healing up. There is a patch/area on my left jawline that has about 4-5 small pimples all gathered up. That basically covers it.

Overall - Most of the heads has busted and the cysts has drained. A few new cyst spots are showing up but in other places im noticing great improvement in skin texture.. im liking the reduced oilyness but its still reducing day by day.. hopefully it doesnt go extremely dry.

I think my skin has a better texture and is less greasy/oily looking without moisturizer.. It might be my moisturizer though. I used Cetaphil.. Any suggestions?

try aloe vera gel... I use the one 100% aloe gel from CVS that's like 3 dollars or something like that. It works well for me and it doesn't get oily or sticky, and seems to reduce the redness

Week 1 Day 2

Seems like more spots are coming up, My face looked awesome.. aside from the redmarks/scars/new breakouts. The oiliness of my face was just at the perfect level and my face didnt look all red and greasy.. It was just normal color aside from the redmarks and wasnt really shiny. Over to the new breakouts. The pimples on my forehead all has drained out and are now healing and going away, but there is one a little bit lower in the T area.. I think it is a cyst because it is pretty big but it is already forming a whitehead on it so i just gotta wait for that to bust and drain so it should be gone 2-3 days. The cyst on my left temple is going down a bit.. Its still red as a cherry but reduced in size but it is still pretty hard. I remember it draining out and it busted a few nights ago but I guess it still up and alive. The cyst on my left jawline is healing up and getting dry on the top of it. I think it drained out last night after it formed to a head. It doesnt really have pain and is kinda gushy feeling and not hard. Down to the underside of my left jawline theres a patch of about 5-6 pimples in one small area. Not really a cyst but just really tiny to medium sized pimples all in one area under there. Thats been a problem area for a few months now. It used to be a bunch of big cysts there but they all gone away. To my chin there is a pimple under it. Im pretty sure its those quicky pimples that go away in 1-2 days. To my right cheek there is a healing cyst but still has form but isn't hard there and RIGHT next to it is a brand spanking new cyst coming up. Its pretty painfull I noticed it coming around last night after I got home from being out of town. Im pretty sure this one is going to stick around for a few days and maybe a full week. To my right jawline theres another patch of 5-6 small to medium to large pimples in that one little area. Im pretty sure if they get irritated they will become cysts. There is 2 healing cyst a little higher up on my right jawline they were forming but quickly started to die out and is still going down but its kinda hard but the top isn't red so it shouldnt be a problem.. I almost forgot on each side of my lips on the crease there is a pimple forming.. About 2-3 whiteheads on my upper lip area..

Wow this initial breakout is pretty bad.. I wonder if it will be as bad as my retin-a breakout.

Im going to start going without a moisturizer untill i start to get really dry and flakey because I love my skin texture and the controlled shiny/oilyness without it.

Week 1 Day 3

Today my texture of my skin and the oilyness was great. Now to the intial breakout spots.. On my left cheeks theres nothing realy there besides redmarks, on my left jawline the cyst is healing and almost gone.. on the underside of the jawline there is still htat patch of 4-5 pimples.. 2 of them came to heads and the rest are still there. To my chin there is one tiny whitehead and thats it. Under my chin is a small pimple there.. seems like it is loosing its form. To my lips on the creases there is 1 on each side lol it looks funny because both of them came to heads today and it looked really funny but they both busted and sorta draining out. Onto my right cheek where that one cyst was at it went down ALLOt since last night.. i believe it is healing just like the one next to it. Nothing but redmarks on the cheek area besides these 2 things. On the right jawline on the underside is that 4-5 patch of pimples there. seems like they are healing down a bit.. but some still has form and i think one of them are coming to a head. Onto my left temple that one cyst is still trying to heal its way down.. its taking a white. On my forehead that one cyst on my t area came to a head and doesnt hurt as much as last night

over all - texture of skin is pretty good, less oil.. the spots seems to be trading out, one spot gets better then another gets worse.

Week 1 Day 4

Face is pretty good, controled oilyness.. No signs of drying besides the creases of my nose is starting to peel. Over to the initialbreakout

On the left side I still have that patch of 4-5 pimples on the underside of the jawline. The cyst that was there is still healing.. still hasnt gone un-visible. Under my chin there is 2 pimples both has had heads and drained out.. pretty sure they are healing atm. On the right side I have a pair of cysts both are healing on my right cheek. On the underside of my jawline there is 1 cyst and a patch of 2-3 pimples. On the jawline atacheding to my cheek there is 2 cysts showing up more but they are healing no pain or redness there just 2 bumps there. On the left temple there is a healing cyst still there.. waiting for it to disappear lol. On my forehead the cyst on my t-area came to a head and busted and is draining out. There is a white head to the right of it that hasnt busted yet but i expect it to bust and drain out tommorow morning. Less redness today. Face is looking better then earlier.

Week 1 Day 5

Face texture and oilyness is just fine and perfect.. No excess shinyness. The creases of my nose is still dry and peeling. Face isn't really red. Lips is extremely dry and chappy. Trying to treat it with blistex and vaseline. To the breakout everything seems like it is calming down a bit. On the left underside of my jawline there is 1 medium cyst and 3-4 other pimples it reduced a t seems like there is heads forming. The cyst on my jawline that is healing is still healing its taking a while. The cyst on my temple is still healing. There is a whtie head on my left cheek area. On my forehead everything seems fine nothing new there besides a few small pimples healing. On the right underside of my jawline there is 1 cyst and about 2-3 smal pimples.. On the right jawline itself there is 2 cysts and the right cheek where there is the 2 cysts next to each other.. they're both healing extremely slow.

Week 1 Day 6

Face is good today, nose crease was dry, my lips were extremely dry. Blistex doesnt seem to work for that long. Im in a hurry so I can type everything out but seems like my right cheek might breakout theres a few new clogged pores there and its really red there all of a sudden.

Week 1 Day 7

Today face is like redddddd, I went out after school on a job hunt on my bike and it was pretty sunny.. It wasn't hot at all but I guess the sun got to me. It makes my cysts look even worse. I got a pretty brownish complexion and usually when I stay out in the sun for a long time it usually recovers back to normal in a day. I hoping it will overnight to its original state because I am going out with some friends on friday and on saturday im going to a show and just dont want to be a cherry red face lol. To the breakout coverage hah, On my left underside jawline there is 2 white heads (yay) on the area where those pack of pimples always sticked around for a long time. There was 3 but one busted and is scabbing over. Seems like farther up there is a new cyst sneaking up on me under the old cyst at the beginning of my jawline. On the left cheek nothing there besides healing pimples and cyst (not that visible at all). On my forehead nothing but healing cysts and pimples one pimple busted just a min ago right above my right eyebrow. The cyst on my left temple is still healing and visible but not as red as before. The right side of my face is ugh. The right cheek I spotted 2 clogged pores one seems like its getting inflamed and the 2 healing cysts are jujst chilling there. The cysts on my lower cheek near the jawline are healing and never even got red. On the underside of my jawline there is ONE cyst. Wow it seems like that pack just disappeared.

Face isn't oily anymore. Lips are severely dry.. Ugh I hate it so much. Joint pain is moderate.

Hey man....

I remember reading your mino log since our regimens were pretty similar... glad your derm finally put you on Accutane. best of luck!

Week 2 Day 1

Oil is under control, face isn't really dry nor as red as it was yesterday.. Creases of my nose are still peeling and really crusty and shit. new spot on my cheek, im a little late on posting yesterdays log but here it is.