Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
verini

eyelash

Hi everyone

This is not really acne related but i been obsessing over this for a while and hope to get some advice if possible.

Does anyone have more eyelashes on one eye than the other, and do you know if this is a natural occurence?

Also, does anyone know if pink eye can cause some eyelashes to not grow back?

I'm sorry if this sounds stupid but I been making myself cross eyed looking at them lashes.

Thanks for any replies

typically people are hairier on their dominant side . . . if that is your hairy side, perhaps that's what's worrying you. Otherwise, dunno, maybe you are rubbing one eye more than the other (which could occur with pink eye) which caused your lashes to come out.

typically people are hairier on their dominant side . . . if that is your hairy side, perhaps that's what's worrying you.  Otherwise, dunno, maybe you are rubbing one eye more than the other (which could occur with pink eye) which caused your lashes to come out.

thanks baptista! I never thought of myself as having a "hairy side" eusa_think.gif But I suppose it could be!

So i'm right handed, but it's my right eye that has less eyelashes! THough i'll keep it in mind to see if my left side is hairier than my right side.

I never rub my eyes so i don't think that's the reason. Also, it's only recently i've become so freakin obsessed with my stupid face so I can't even say if it's always been this way or if it's a recent phenomenon.

Any more advice/suggestions/enlightenments?

hey there! its ok, ive done that too smile.gif, anyways, usually we do have more hair one one side as opposed to the other. look at your eyebrows when u get a chance, an you will probably notice you have more hairs on one side. same goes with eyelashes smile.gif

hey there! its ok, ive done that too smile.gif, anyways, usually we do have more hair one one side as opposed to the other. look at your eyebrows when u get a chance, an you will probably notice you have more hairs on one side. same goes with eyelashes smile.gif

thanks caroline (or do you prefer sadcaroline?)! It makes me feel better I didn't bring this on myself then.

I guess I didn' really tell the whole story since when I was younger I had a bout of pink eye which I ignored and it went on getting worse and worse for 2 or 3 weeks on my right eye. This was 7 years ago and I didn't really notice anything until this year but I am solidly convinced the pnk eye damaged the hair follicles on the lash line mad.gif . So has anyone had eyelashes permantly thinned by pink eye complications? This sounds so much worse in writing. Also, could I have damaged the hair follicles such that the lash grows out less curlier, cuz my right eye's lashes is also less curly than the left eye.

Also, has anyone ever had like a ~2mm gap in the lash line, and has it ever grown back? That's what I have now. There seems to be three tiny lashes growing out from there but I'm afraid they'll fall off before filling in the gap.

Does anyone know what I can do to make my lashes grow longer, like supplements or vitamines that occur naturally in foods?

Thanks!

on my right eye I now have 2 little bald spots. It's true there are little hairs sprouting out of both, but it is slow and frustrating and I'm afraid the new ones are not going to be as long and curly as the original ones. Moreover, the eyelash on my right eye look diseased. Some of them look limp and saggy, not at all like the ones on the right. I know this is an acne board but I understand alot of ppl have lost eyelashes from tazorac or maybe accutane? Does it ever grow back? I don't pluck them or even rub my eyes. I don't even use a wash cloth.

Has anyone ever heard that eyelashes can fall off from stress, like using the computer or reading too much?

anyone? I've always thought having nice long curly lashes as one of the "benefits" of my shitty skin, but now even that is taken away from me. Durrrr :mad:

The best eyelashes falling-out solution is latisse eye care eye drop. It is really effective product and also gives fater results.