Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
monsterball

need help :)

hey guys i just bought glycolic acid 70% i just wanna know how to use it any tips or anything? im using this for my mild scarring  smile.gif

do NOT start with 70% glycolic. You have to work your way up to that, after you begin with 20%. You skin will not be ready for 70%. I really find it crazy that you go ahead and buy this then ask for "any tips on how to use it" meaning that you have done no research at all have you?

I had 8 glycolic peels done at a clinic, and by the 7th peel the nurse asked me if i wanted to try 70% as it can be dangerous and i thought sure go for it. So she applied it and it was left on too long.. my face wasn't burnt and i had scabs for a week after and it give me more scarring than i started out with. 70% CAN BE VERY DANGEROUS! do NOT begin with 70%, your skin won't be able to handle it.

Before you do glycolic peel you're supposed to prepare your skin with a glycolic formulation cream (aha 8%) 2 weeks before the peel, as it helps prepare your skin for the acid. i think retin-a can be used as a substitute for it. When you do the peel you have to begin with 20% or so, don't go straight for a high percentage.

the 70% acid can be diluted by adding equal amounts of acid to equal amounts of water. Therefore 1 equal amount of acid added to 1 equal amount of water would bring the acidity down to 35%. If you added one equal amount of 70% glycolic to 2 equal amounts of water, that would bring the acidity down to 17.5% and is what would be best for you, to begin with.

thx for the replay guy i did have 20% and 40% in the clinic but they charge u ALOT soo yea should i go for 40%? my scars r really mind u cant even notic them but yea still it bothers me alot

so you're saying you have had glycolic peels before in a clinic? i really wouldn't go over 50% for the strongest glycolic peel. TCA peels will benefit you better than the glycolic peels

TCA is a deeper peeling agent than glycolic is. Always better to start off with about

12.5% or 15%, and to do a patch test first. You should never attempt a tca peel of more than around 25% by yourself, and most docs and derms won't go over 35% as the risk of scarring is greatly increased with higher strengths than this.

TCA peels are better for scarring as they penetrate deeper. There is some downtime with TCA peels though, the deeper the peel you do the longer it will take for the skin to peel, and your skin will be quite scary to look at. Leave at least a month between peels as well. Hope that basic info helps

thx biggrin.gif today i just tryed TCA 40% on my legs i left it for a min and then i washed it off i havnt seen the results yet and it did burn a bit but yea what should i expect from it?

i dont have those kinda deep scars i just want to have perfect complection and dont want to have any blemishes and oversized pores u know yea i know TCA makes u look horrible for a while soo do u think i should go for 40% on my face? leave it for 1 mins and wash it off?