Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Am i the only one who are fighting with dry skin... ?

I now it's because i wash my skin to mutch.. ?

But i hate to på a fatcream on.. because i know that it may start my acne agin..

I hate it.. ninja.gif

yeah i used to get brutal dry skin. people think its good because you can just use moisturizer to get rid of it but that didnt do anything for me because mine was dry beyond belief.

My skin is so dry it's peeling all around my mouth, nose and now around my eyes.

I honestly don't mind it.... but it really bothers me how everyone I know at school is getting so obsessed with it...

"Dude, what's up with your face?" *stare*

/me looks behind him....

*laugh* "Look at his face!"

I say just leave it... dry skin rocks. smile.gif

If you know that overwashing is causing you dry skin, why are you still doing it? Does it offer you another benefit? If you think that its clearing you up, I know that IMOE overwahing caused my oil glands to produce more oil to compensate, which is usually the problem with most. Plus this causes the skin to break out further. Stick to twice a day washing and if your skin is oily all ready skip the moisturizer, you have your own! Use Milk of magnesia twice a day to combat oil, once before bed and apply in morning before your makeup. check into the makeup forums for more info. it has saved my oily skin and I hear it also helps dry skin become smoother so I think you should check it out.

its not that easy. if moisturizers always worked for everyone why would there be so many posts about dry skin? i put on moisturizer and it works for 30 seconds, then it comes back again. is this a cure? noooo

I dont know whether to throw insults or not.

I apologize.... it's just all my life I've been fighting against oily skin with no success whatsoever. And living with oily, sensitive, acne-prone skin is a nightmare. And here is someone who complains about dry skin sad.gif

Anyway good luck balancing your skin. I wish we can combine your dryness and my oilness.... a win-win situation!

Guest FearlessBunnyLove
Vaseline works for me everytime.

Guest *Clara
Vaseline works for me everytime.

Vaseline does absolutely nothing for my skin. I personally think my skin is pointing and laughing at my vain attempts to control it.

I dont know whether to throw insults or not.

I apologize.... it's just all my life I've been fighting against oily skin with no success whatsoever. And living with oily, sensitive, acne-prone skin is a nightmare. And here is someone who complains about dry skin sad.gif

Anyway good luck balancing your skin. I wish we can combine your dryness and my oilness.... a win-win situation!

Guest FearlessBunnyLove

I think oily and dry skin have their own faults. I doubt anyone who had either would be really happy until their skin was normal. Acne prone and dry has got it's own problems cause a lot of product out there are drying. Those products can make the skin so dry it's painful. I see oily as neither better or worse then dry skin. All I want is normal skin.

And yeah i'm going to go to a derm soon. I've got to work some stuff out and then I can go.