Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dnp087

washing your face then going out

I Shower in the mornin then shower @ night. i wash my face twice a day in the shower. uhh, i have oily skin so b4 i go out to eat at the dining hall( university) or study in the lounge i shower to freshen up. sometimes i work out and swim then go shower rite away to get sweat/chlorine off and to fell fresh, then ill go study or eat or go out around town. in the night i use a BP 5% face wash and was wondering does it matter if i wash then go out? does the effect go awawy since ive been outside ? should i wash jsut b4 go to sleep. or does it matter at all.?

ps.----> was wondering about good healtjhy foods to eat at college to help oily, acne skin? or college tips.??

hmm..try not to showerso much. it strips away your face's natural oils, and your face will produce more. Only use WATER if you wash your face more than twice a day. Three times is pushing it a bit.

Eat healthy!

i wash my face about 3-4 times a day cause my face gets really oily after several hours. if i only washed morning and night my face would be way too oily during the day.

you probably don't moisturize. if i didn't use a light moisturizer ( i use neutrogena moisture for sensitive skin) then i'd be all dry and nasty

Well, there's no real need to shower twice a day...if you just need to freshen up after a normal day, you can just wash your face at a sink. If you've worked out and need to shower, then you wouldn't need to shower at any other time during the day...

If you wash your face with a benzoyl peroxide wash, I would recommend using a moisturizer afterward. The bp makes your skin more sensitive to the sun, so it'd be good to wear a moisturizer with an SPF. It also helps to avoid dryness. smile.gif At night the SPF isn't very relevant, though I still recommend using the moisturizer to avoid dryness and then just to keep your skin's moisture balanced. I don't think washing and then going outside itself will necessarily hurt you...or make it any less effective either.

Your diet at school: Avoid the greasy foods if you can. I know it's difficult sometimes because most of the food in the cafeteria might be greasy...it's easy for me because I live off pasta, sandwiches and fruits and veggies haha, because I don't like much else in the cafeteria. Anyway, yeah, try to avoid greasy foods. Make sure you drink lots of water...2 full glasses per meal is reasonable. Water will help you flush out the toxins in your body. Make sure you get enough veggies and fruits...and fiber! hehe Keep yourself regular! I'm not sure if it necessarily helps your skin, but it'll keep you healthier overall. If you can, I would suggest taking a multivitamin tablet each day with a meal (I try to take mine at lunch everyday).

Hope that helps. smile.gif