Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jersey85

at the breaking point...

i really dont know what to do anymore. my life has boiled down to me waking up each day dreading having to go through the regimen and wandering around with my face. my acne isnt as bad as many, but it affects me just as much, and thats what probably hurts me the most. i cant move past the fact that there is this shit growing on my face. it disgusts me that i take care of myself perfectly, make sure my hygiene is great, and i still have to suffer through this disease. my life is limited in so many ways because i fear getting close to people.

im afraid to talk to anyone about this and how it affects me. i dont want anyone to pitty me, i dont want to stand out, i just want to live my life without having to worry about my face like most of the world gets to.

i know that i have it better than so many people in the world because i am healthy, have good family, friends, and a decent head on my shoulder, but all of this is wasted when my confidence is zero as a result of acne.

acne has beaten me, and it puts me to tears to think about that. it has taken my life over and while its not cancer, aids, or anything life threatening, it never leaves my mind.

i dont know when it will go away, but im scared that i will just go crazy before it does leave me. its also a shame that i know there is nothing anyone can say to make me feel better about myself. ive said everything there could be said to myself in order to change my state of mind, but nothing works.

i hope you guys see how terrible this sounds, and make sure that you never fall into the pitt that i have plunged into.

Unfortunately, It won't. Just take it a day at a time.

Life sucks.

EDIT: I'm serious, I feel the exact same way as him. I'm quite sure my acne won't go away no matter what I do, and when it does go away, im scarred for life. joy!

i really dont know what to do anymore. my life has boiled down to me waking up each day dreading having to go through the regimen and wandering around with my face.    my acne isnt as bad as many, but it affects me just as much, and thats what probably hurts me the most.  i cant move past the fact that there is this shit growing on my face.  it disgusts me that i take care of myself perfectly, make sure my hygiene is great, and i still have to suffer through this disease.  my life is limited in so many ways because i fear getting close to people.

im afraid to talk to anyone about this and how it affects me. i dont want anyone to pitty me, i dont want to stand out, i just want to live my life without having to worry about my face like most of the world gets to.

i know that i have it better than so many people in the world because i am healthy, have good family, friends, and a decent head on my shoulder, but all of this is wasted when my confidence is zero as a result of acne. 

acne has beaten me, and it puts me to tears to think about that. it has taken my life over and while its not cancer, aids, or anything life threatening, it never leaves my mind. 

i dont know when it will go away, but im scared that i will just go crazy before it does leave me.  its also a shame that i know there is nothing anyone can say to make me feel better about myself.  ive said everything there could be said to myself in order to change my state of mind, but nothing works. 

i hope you guys see how terrible this sounds, and make sure that you never fall into the pitt that i have plunged into.

My optimistic side...

This is kind of messed up I soppose butI like to think about the fact that when it does clear up I'm going to be the happiest person alive....

My only problem in life is acne...seems like the same with you...

we don't get down in life over stupid things like my father didn't buy me this and that this weekend, or jenny said this and that about me.........

we have acne, yes it makes us crazy but it also makes us some of the strongest people in this world......

Good luck with your acne and remeber that it will clear up......try a diffrent regiment if you feel its not working for you....

thanks guys...

as far as the regimen....i used to do it exactly as dan said but my face would get too dry and it would take way too much time in the morning and evening ( the two periods of 15min waiting time going along with washing face and applying would total a little less than an hour) and being a college student i dont have so much time to waste. however, if i saw enough results, i would stick to anything no matter how much time. anyway, it didnt help as much as i read it would over the course of 5 months, so i switched to doing one a day application and making sure to moisturize enough so my skin wouldnt be dry. i saw decent results, probably better than before when my skin was overdry and the acne seemed to be slowly declining. but i still have outbreaks here and there that just really bring me down.

i have redspots around my cheeks and a few small whiteheads on each cheek, but sometimes i have a cyst pop up as well. i just cant get myself to get over the fact that there is no clear solution, and its killing me inside to see everyone else be able to enjoy extremely light atmospheres, not worry about having their face overdry after a swim in the pool, and be able to look people in the face from a foot away.

people have started asking me why i dont hang out as much and stuff like that and of course i cant say its acne because theyll say thats ridiculous and its not a big deal and being around people will just get my mind off it. but ive done all this, and im still not happy. sometimes i even postpone happiness in my mind till im over acne, as somoene else has mentioned....imagining how confident and happy i will be once it dissapears. acne has been with me since age 13, more seriously since 18, and these past 2 years have been so tough.

i obviously have some issues inside my head, but they wouldnt be brought up liek this wihtout acne and it suckss!! thanks for the responses though

jersey 85 i TOTALLY feel you. i have a great job, i'm going to school for what i love, and i'm in a serious relationship with my high school sweetheart (who also suffers, which makes it a lot easier.) but wehave to wake up everyday and look in the mirror. i know that feeling when you just want to cry. i've been on the regimen for 10 days and my skin became very dry, but the eucerin skin renewal helped out a lot!

it's all about how much you truly value yourself. i haven't worn makeup since starting the regimen. i NEVER thought it was possible to go without makeup. but i've noticed that i'm accepted in social situations either way.

in general, people know that acne is incurable. some don't understand all the emotions involved. boo to them, they probably have their own problems that make them look in the mirror and cry, too.

i bet you're a lot more beautiful than you give yourself credit for. if you don't believe me, ask your family, or your friends.

i hope this helps! smile.gif