Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi. smile.gif

I'm 23 and have had scars since I was 17, which started from stress-induced acne that I got when I was 16. I've been on accutane (twice), prednisone, cortisone, chemical peels, doxycycline, etc...etc...etc...I've tried just about everything. Nothing seems to work very well (or for very long) even drinking about a liter of water a day and trying to keep my stress to a minimum.

I've heard some not so good things about laser resurfacing and microdermabrasion.

So, I was wondering if there are doctors that specialize in smoothing out scars in a facelift (and yes, I know that they'll never really disappear)...? Since, I not only have the crater type scars, but my skin has loosened from the acne.

Any help would be appreciated. eusa_think.gif

Hi.  smile.gif

I'm 23 and have had scars since I was 17, which started from stress-induced acne that I got when I was 16.  I've been on accutane (twice), prednisone, cortisone, chemical peels, doxycycline, etc...etc...etc...I've tried just about everything.  Nothing seems to work very well (or for very long) even drinking about a liter of water a day and trying to keep my stress to a minimum. 

I've heard some not so good things about laser resurfacing and microdermabrasion. 

So, I was wondering if there are doctors that specialize in smoothing out scars in a facelift (and yes, I know that they'll never really disappear)...?  Since, I not only have the crater type scars, but my skin has loosened from the acne.

Any help would be appreciated.  eusa_think.gif

I went to a plastic surgeon today and he recomended a face tuck which is like a partial face lift not involving the neck. But then you have to use fillers on deeper scarring. I'm considering this because he says that a face lift lasts for about 10yrs. and I would prob. see about a 60% improvement. The Downside it will cost about $8,500