Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ThatGuy16

When will people realize looks does not equal...

when will people realize confidence is such a big factor in looks.

i say this over and over....

funny thing is, i have a friend who is REALLY good looking, and all the girls tell me how hot he is whenver im in class, but whats funnier is the guy has never had a girlfriend in his life!! he even tells me....and this is because he lacks confidence and teh willingness to talk to girls...

thats my point. sure, good looks will take you far, but looks are nothing without a personality.

remember that guys, even though you may have acne, dont think your automatically left out the ballgame, its definately harder to gain confidence with acne, but its most deinately not impossible.

confidence helps. i'm pretty good looking or so thats what a lot of girls have told me. i think if you have looks and personality then you will be a don juan.

Guest tenshigirl25

i agree. sex appeal and confidence can be more attractive to the senses and the eye then classic physical beauty. because it lasts longer, its real and the actual feeling u get from something outweighs the visual effect u get from seeing a beautiful face.

ive tried to tell my friend this and she keeps thinking im stupid but she is the 1 that needs to realise in life this is all that matters, it runs deeper then a pretty face. looks might take u places, but will they keep u there? a pretty smile, shining eyes, a positive outlook and being charming and friendly, being able to hold a conversation, being able to look within a person and have real substance, having a husband or wife to grow old with, being able to be who u really are and be accepted. that's real beauty.

Its hard in the world we live in, but people are starting to realise this.

its a shame that its really only people who have a skin problem think this way why couldnt every one see looks arnt that important, ok they are others too but few and far between, i dont think looks are that important but i do care how i look, and i look like shit so pfff..

Looks are important when you first meet/see someone, thats the first thing you see before u get to know what there personality is like.

Once you find someone who doesn't care about looks, you will worry so much less about your acne. That's what happened to me at least.

Confidence isn't necessarily based on looks. It is quite often, but there are times people are not raised to be confident people. I've known many good looking people that are not confident at all. Usually its their parents raising them to be afaid of things, and worry. Often a parent's lack of confidence will wear off on their children. I've seen it work both ways too, some unattractive people have a ton of confidence.

Yes, I'm an ugly fooker and I'v got loads of confidence, well not really since I got acne but I fake it really well and I have friends who are really good looking who arn't confident atall.

If I was half deicent looking though I'd have even more confidence.

when will people realize confidence is such a big factor in looks.

i say this over and over....

funny thing is,  i have a friend who is REALLY good looking, and all the girls tell me how hot he is whenver im in class, but whats funnier is the guy has never had a girlfriend in his life!! he even tells me....and this is because he lacks confidence and teh willingness to talk to girls...

thats my point. sure, good looks will take you far, but looks are nothing without a personality.

remember that guys, even though you may have acne, dont think your automatically left out the ballgame, its definately harder to gain confidence with acne, but its most deinately not impossible.

but whats the difference?

he already has the girls but wont attemtp to get them?

vs.

we dont have the girls but can attempt to get them...

yep, confidence makes a big differents for me. When I'm felling confident I look WAY better and I fell pretty, but when I have no confidents what-so-ever I fell like I look like shit doubt.gif

Is there anything you can do to "build" confidence?

Looks and confidence doesn't mean someone is attractive! before my acne I was with an absolute stunner of a guy he had looks, money, charm and loads of confidence. But yet he loved himself more than me and the ugliness shone through, I didnt want to be with someone who treated me inferior as there confidence turned to arrogance.

To be attractive I believe it depends on personal taste as me and my friends never would fancy the same type of guy.

Your right Adam, to a certain extent it mostly is those with flaws that believe its what is on the inside that counts. But in the end its personal taste that it comes down to, afterall I wouldnt date certain types of people not cause there ugly but just not my type such as goths or chavs but there will always be someone out there that does want that type of person.

* I hope that all made sense *