Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
carpenter newton

CROSS Tomorrow!

I'm having a dr in the area perform it. even at this late hour, I'm still debating on whether to just do a few, or just go for it, and let him do everything. I know you were one of the people who said that it could make them worse, and that's why I may just do a few. you see, my better judgement is telling me that having someone put acid on my face is well..not exactly a good thing, but my emotions are telling me to go for it.

thanks for the 'good luck'

Good luck carpenter!

Yes please post your experience.

Could you tell me a couple of things.. like how long did the derm/doc stick the toothpick/wooden applicator in the scar for and how hard did they press?

That would be very hepful, thanks smile.gif

Good luck with the CROSS. Yes I definitely would like to know how you get on.

I'm considering it myself. I know there's loads of threads on CROSS but it's so hard to follow hundreds of threads form past.

well, I'm back. here's how it went.

the dr used a sharpened wooden stick to apply 70% TCA. During the procedure, my face stung a little bit, but nothing I can't handle. The scars frosted up right away all over. now it's a little over 1.5 hrs later, and the frosting has completely gone away. some of the scars look a little wider. I'll keep an eye on things and let the fourm know. I was told to keep vasaline on the area and use polysporin twice a day.

well, I'm back. here's how it went.

the dr used a sharpened wooden stick to apply 70% TCA. During the procedure, my face stung a little bit, but nothing I can't handle. The scars frosted up right away all over. now it's a little over 1.5 hrs later, and the frosting has completely gone away. some of the scars look a little wider. I'll keep an eye on things and let the fourm know. I was told to keep vasaline on the area and use polysporin twice a day.

How 'hard' did the doc/derm press the wooden applicator in your scars for carpenter? how long did he stick it in for? 2-3 seconds? longer?

Thanks for your info

hi Dazarooni...

the doc didn't press very hard at all. just sort of 'dabbed' the scars with the stick. I'm finding it kind of odd that they frosted over alot right away, and now it's gone away. I'm kind of red, but no noticeable scabs or anything like that. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens...

the small scabs or crusts will develop within a day or 2 so don't worry about that. When using unbuffered acid, the area will frost over within 10 seconds so thats not uncommon. Keep us posted on your progress smile.gif

Hi Carpenter Newton!!!

Glad to see you took a "leap of faith" and went through with it. I am debating cross with the same doc as you know, so let me know how everying is going. Try to take some supplements (Vitamin C especially) and don't pick the scabs. I'm sure you'll be fine. Keep us all updated Sending positive vibes your way, and wish you all the best.

Carpenter Newton, do you mind me asking what type of scarring you have ? is it mild or deep ? pitted or other ?

Thanks !.

Thanx for keeping us updated. Now that you've seen what the doc has done.. would you be tempted to try the next CROSS yourself?

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you..

I need to dig up Dr Chu's tel number.. I'm sure I saw it on this board somewhere.

Can I ask a BIG WHY you are using 70% TCA,when it is reported clearly that 100% tca produces much better results without any additional side effect when administered in the correct manner .

??

sure you can ask that. and I asked that question to the Dr as well. He is just not comfortable using the 100% yet. And I can understand where he is coming from. If a dr who has more experence with this stuff then I do doesn't feel comfortable with this, then I certinally do not either. so, I'll have him try the 70% and see what the results are like. rather be relativly safe than really sorry.

here's and update. I believe that I am now begging to start the scabbing process. I don't actually have scabs, just bright red marks where the procedure was performed. Hopefully this is good news. I never thought that I would be happy about bright red marks on my face.

CN

sure you can ask that. and I asked that question to the Dr as well. He is just not comfortable using the 100% yet. And I can understand where he is coming from. If a dr who has more experence with this stuff then I do doesn't feel comfortable with this, then I certinally do not either.  so, I'll have him try the 70% and see what the results are like. rather be relativly safe than really sorry.

here's and update. I believe that I am now begging to start the scabbing process. I don't actually have scabs, just bright red marks where the procedure was performed. Hopefully this is good news. I never thought that I would be happy about bright red marks on my face.

CN

Hi Colin,

well I decided to go for it and let him treat everything. I'm looking pretty rough right now. I frosted up within seconds, then it disappeared by the time I got home. I was swollen for 2 days, an then yesterday the bright red marks appeared. now, it seems that I am scabbing up pretty badly in the treated areas. I've been cooped up since friday, and I am getting kind of stir crazy, but other than that I'm doing allright.

Are you taking any supplements like Vitamin C and E? I don't think these work well topically but oral supplements of E should help increase blood flow to the healing areas and C should help with the collagen boost.