Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SUE WALKER

Mature Skin with Acne

Since I am older (55) will the Regimen work for my acne? I have had it all my life and nothing seems to work. I have been on the Regimen for about a month now and can't see a lot of improvement yet. My skin is still very flaky, yet oily. I am also having trouble finding a makeup that now works with the scaling skin. I must wear makeup to go to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Well, I consider myself one of the older people here, lol, I am 35 and yes the Regimen works wonders for me. I have dealt with acne prone skin all my life too, and the Regimen has kept me clear. Give it a good 3 months of strict use and see what it can do.

As for makeup, honestly, foundation just doesn't go well with the bp and moisturizer, I just dab on some pressed powder, and use my usual lipstick and eye makeup.

For other makeup ideas, check out the makeup forum.

good luck to you and keep us posted on your progress!

Hi Sue,

I'm 31 and I've been on the regimen for about six weeks. But I've had acne forever (varying in intensity over the years) and tried every over the counter product and prescription known to man. Well, maybe not really, but that's how it feels at 31!!

Anyway, I do the same thing as Brandy...just some powder. But I also use concealer, since I have a few red marks (only one active spot left). I use Physicians Formula talc-free mineral powder and it covers pretty well. I had to ditch my foundations since they made a mess and I wasn't happy with the time it took me to apply them over regimen products.

What products are you using on the regimen? You mentioned problems with both flakes and oil. Are you happy with your moisturizer? Or maybe switching to a powder-based foundation might help?

Victoria

Oh, I forgot to post something else I wanted to tell you.

My skin is only now starting to clear fully. I have one problem area on my cheek right now (red marks pretty close together and my fading cyst right in the middle of those). Also, I had red marks turn into pimples (though I guess they never fully were healed) and some turned to cysts, which was scary. I almost gave up a few times.

But I'm really glad now that I stuck with it.

Victoria

Hi Sue,

I'm 31 and I've been on the regimen for about six weeks.  But I've had acne forever (varying in intensity over the years) and tried every over the counter product and prescription known to man.  Well, maybe not really, but that's how it feels at 31!!

Anyway, I do the same thing as Brandy...just some powder.  But I also use concealer, since I have a few red marks (only one active spot left).  I use Physicians Formula talc-free mineral powder and it covers pretty well.  I had to ditch my foundations since they made a mess and I wasn't happy with the time it took me to apply them over regimen products. 

What products are you using on the regimen?  You mentioned problems with both flakes and oil.  Are you happy with your moisturizer?  Or maybe switching to a powder-based foundation might help? 

Victoria

Hi Sue,

I'm 31 and I've been on the regimen for about six weeks.  But I've had acne forever (varying in intensity over the years) and tried every over the counter product and prescription known to man.  Well, maybe not really, but that's how it feels at 31!!

Anyway, I do the same thing as Brandy...just some powder.  But I also use concealer, since I have a few red marks (only one active spot left).  I use Physicians Formula talc-free mineral powder and it covers pretty well.  I had to ditch my foundations since they made a mess and I wasn't happy with the time it took me to apply them over regimen products. 

What products are you using on the regimen?  You mentioned problems with both flakes and oil.  Are you happy with your moisturizer?  Or maybe switching to a powder-based foundation might help? 

Victoria

Hi Sue,

Victoria

Hi Sue,

I get brilliant letters from women in their 50s all the time. The regimen seems to work amazingly well for women your age, so long as what you have is acne and not rosacea.

Sue, when I feel like I absolutely have to wear foundation I mix my moisturizer w/ the foundation about 1/2 & 1/2. I also put on moisturizer first esp. if you are flaky. I use Mary Kay oil free, and Beauticontrol extra help concealer. The concealer is really creamy and blends well, oh and of course a light dusting (w/ a makeup brush) of powder. I think mixing the moisturizer makes it easier to apply & the flakes usually don't show up untill the end of the day.

Sue, when I feel like I absolutely have to wear foundation I mix my moisturizer w/ the foundation about 1/2 & 1/2. I also put on moisturizer first esp. if you are flaky. I use Mary Kay oil free, and Beauticontrol extra help concealer. The concealer is really creamy and blends well, oh and of course a light dusting (w/ a makeup brush) of powder. I think mixing the moisturizer makes it easier to apply & the flakes usually don't show up untill the end of the day.