Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Crashoverride64

The one good thing that came out of having acne

I hate having to worry about my acne all the time. However, I beleive that for the past year that I have been struggling with it, I have made substantial changes for the better. Before I started to get acne, my diet consisted mainly of tv dinners, candy bars, doughnuts, and fruit juice. Now, I eat really healthy foods that are usually low in sodium and sugar. Also, since I read that cortisol contributes to acne, which builds up from lack of sleep, I began to go to bed at 10 every night. Also, to help my acne scars, I began to wear moisturizers w/spf everytime I went out. Finally, to alleviate stress, I took up yoga.

As you can see, all of the habits I've acquired in order to control my acne have simultaneously improved my health dramatically. I never realized how badly I had been treating my body before I got acne.

Anyways, just thought I'd share. Thanks.

I think its great that you're experiencing so much improvement..just don't chock it all up to diet..because that really doesn't work for everyone. Healthy living tho helps the whole body so i'm sure its helping with your healing overall

HAHAAHAHHA! i never thought about that i guess ur right... but id still mcuh rather go back to my old habits, tehy were way funner.>.. eusa_liar.gif

I changed my diet to try to get rid of acne. My acne is almost gone completely. I'm not sure if the diet had anything to do with it though. I am thankful that I no longer drink soda, or eat or drink dairy products. My body feels much better without either.

I changed my diet to try to get rid of acne.  My acne is almost gone completely.  I'm not sure if the diet had anything to do with it though.  I am thankful that I no longer drink soda, or eat or drink dairy products.  My body feels much better without either.

My diet is nothing special really. I only exclude soda, and dairy products. I try to eat 3-4 servings of fruits and veggies, at least 30 grams of fiber, and 200 grams of protein.

Now that I have money again I'm gonna back to being a health nut. I love knowing that I'm a healthy person.

Ill take acne over cancer any day......

I wouldn't say i'm a health nut. I enjoy the cheeseburger and fries just like the next person.

I'm also 5'3 and 110lbs. I have very mild skin concerns...tho i still worry because i'm a huge perfectionist.

That said i do watch what i eat. right now i have some perrier sodium free sparkling spring water to snack on. before at lunch i had a sandwich and some veggie juice. i'll have a balanced dinner. I treat myself on the weekends. during the week i do the healthy route. I find that the key is balance. don't deny yourself things because often if you're getting cravings its because you are lacking certain minerals or vitamins. Give in to an extent. Its just a question of balance. Remember that life is to short to live on carrots alone.!!!

since taking up my new eating habits..going on for about 2 years now..I no longer have allergies and my abs are ripppppppppppped....I also notice my skin is getting alot softer. I think that the thing that helped the most was every morning I take a tablespoon full of flaxseed oil...pour it into a cup half-filled with blueberries...and fill up the cup with carrot juice. I use a product called the magic bullet to mix it all together...but I dont see why you can't use a blender.