Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mAxunloved

My Name is Max and I have Acne

Hi, uhh... this is the first forum of which I have ever been a member, so forgive any internet ignorance, at least initially, if you please. My name is Max, I just turned 16, and I have a bit of acne. I looked over the Acne.org forums for a while before concluding that the community here is supportive and helpful, and that I wanted to be a part of it. I'm going to try post a lot of pictures, as often as I can, and I'm mainly looking for feedback and advice on my situation. Thanks so much in advance to everyone.

Hi, uhh... this is the first forum of which I have ever been a member, so forgive any internet ignorance, at least initially, if you please. My name is Max, I just turned 16, and I have a bit of acne. I looked over the Acne.org forums for a while before concluding that the community here is supportive and helpful, and that I wanted to be a part of it. I'm going to try post a lot of pictures, as often as I can, and I'm mainly looking for feedback and advice on my situation. Thanks so much in advance to everyone.

Ok, so, I just posted a bunch of pictures. I can't BELIEVE I already have 2 replies, thanks to beatzzz and peachylife, I hope you guys stay with me. Anyway, ok... So I guess my acne is pretty mild. Relative to some of the guys I've seen on this site, definitely mild. I like to use things I've seen on TV, haha, because I like subscribing to pop culture. I also love things that sting. The more pain the better, because that makes me feel like it's working! When I was like 14 my acne was at its peak and I saw a dermatologist and he gave me some hard core benozyl peroxide cream that SUCKED. I got into proactive and it was pretty good... not amazing, but pretty good... it sort of held my acne at bay, you know? Then when I was 15 my acne went totally away on it's own... I stopped using proactive and enjoyed clean skin for about a year untill my acne's recent return about a month ago. Proactive is cool, but ehh... I hate that damn benozyl peroxide shit. It's so time consuming to apply AND to rinse and I just hate the way it feels. I don't mind it at all when it's on but applying it and rinsing it is such a bitch. What I do now is I take a shower, and then I shave right when I get out. I use a manual 4 blade razor and I shave pretty hard. Then I smear the proactive benozyl peroxide all over the acneish areas. My logic is that this is when my skin will be most receptive, directly after a shower and a shave. I love how the benozyl peroxide feels right after a shave, it stings pretty considerably some times. I sorta wish it would sting more, but it's only 2.5%. When the stinging subsides is when I rinse it off, usually about 15 minutes. Then I use this deep foaming cleanser shit (which I sometimes substitute for the benozyl peroxide) called NoXZEMA; active ingredient Salicylic Acid 2%. After I rinse THAT off, I put on this 5% benozyl peroxide cream that I got from the Nature's Cure kit. I'm thouroughly convinced that those pills are bullshit, but I like to put the cream on after I use the deap foaming shit because sometimes it stings ALOT and after I wash it off, like, you can clearly see that my skin is better. Something I arrived at after reading a LOT of forum posts is that I think everyone's skin is COMPLETELY different and a product that worsens the situation for someone could be godsend for someone else. I'm still interested in what people think of my routing though... I guess it's a little redundant but eh. Sorry that was so long, I'm not going to have to reiterate my routine anymore so future posts won't be huge like this. Anyway, I'm gonna go take a shower now and then post more pictures.

hey, welcome.

i saw u pics and replied and i really dont think u have 'acne', or its just very very very mild or it doesnt show up in the pics!

anyway u look good, nothin to worry bout!

Ok, so, I just posted a bunch of pictures. I can't BELIEVE I already have 2 replies, thanks to beatzzz and peachylife, I hope you guys stay with me. Anyway, ok... So I guess my acne is pretty mild. Relative to some of the guys I've seen on this site, definitely mild. I like to use things I've seen on TV, haha, because I like subscribing to pop culture. I also love things that sting. The more pain the better, because that makes me feel like it's working! When I was like 14 my acne was at its peak and I saw a dermatologist and he gave me some hard core benozyl peroxide cream that SUCKED. I got into proactive and it was pretty good... not amazing, but pretty good... it sort of held my acne at bay, you know? Then when I was 15 my acne went totally away on it's own... I stopped using proactive and enjoyed clean skin for about a year untill my acne's recent return about a month ago. Proactive is cool, but ehh... I hate that damn benozyl peroxide shit. It's so time consuming to apply AND to rinse and I just hate the way it feels. I don't mind it at all when it's on but applying it and rinsing it is such a bitch. What I do now is I take a shower, and then I shave right when I get out. I use a manual 4 blade razor and I shave pretty hard. Then I smear the proactive benozyl peroxide all over the acneish areas. My logic is that this is when my skin will be most receptive, directly after a shower and a shave. I love how the benozyl peroxide feels right after a shave, it stings pretty considerably some times. I sorta wish it would sting more, but it's only 2.5%. When the stinging subsides is when I rinse it off, usually about 15 minutes. Then I use this deep foaming cleanser shit (which I sometimes substitute for the benozyl peroxide) called NoXZEMA; active ingredient Salicylic Acid 2%. After I rinse THAT off, I put on this 5% benozyl peroxide cream that I got from the Nature's Cure kit. I'm thouroughly convinced that those pills are bullshit, but I like to put the cream on after I use the deap foaming shit because sometimes it stings ALOT and after I wash it off, like, you can clearly see that my skin is better. Something I arrived at after reading a LOT of forum posts is that I think everyone's skin is COMPLETELY different and a product that worsens the situation for someone could be godsend for someone else. I'm still interested in what people think of my routing though... I guess it's a little redundant but eh. Sorry that was so long, I'm not going to have to reiterate my routine anymore so future posts won't be huge like this. Anyway, I'm gonna go take a shower now and then post more pictures.

eh wait i am confused... where are the pictures that everyone's talkg bout??

Ok. Thanks so much for all the attention, guys, it's really excellent. I believe the problem is that the pictures are of misleadingly poor quality. Comments like "I don't think you have 'acne'", while flattering, are counter-productive. I'll be using a much higher quality camera in the future. Expect the next batch of pics in a few hours.