Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
IlliniX

Question about alcohol and Accutane...

What's up y'all? Long time board watcher, first time poster. I'm starting Accutane tomorrow. I'm a regular college kid, so I go out pretty much every weekend and drink. What do you guys think I should limit myself too? I'll be making posts every week with updates and I'll take some pics too. Thanks.

Im a uni student and I drink alll the time..last night I had like 10 to 15 drinks and I'm fine...I get really drunk about 3 nights a week and have a couple every other day...Ive been on tane for 2 weeks

i've been on for 5+ months and i was drinking 3days a week but now i drink once a week and sometimes once a fornight like if i miss a weekend... and that is at least half a carton each time so i think it is safe-ish but it is up to you to risk it... I mean you are risking going on roaccutane in the first place.

You should limit yourself to none. Accutane stresses the liver and can cause elevated trigylicerides which can lead to pancreatis. Alcohol also raises trigylcerides and damages the liver. Abstinence from alcohol is the best course to avoid the double whammy. If you MUST drink, realize that it may elevate your bloodwork levels to the point that your doctor pulls you off Accutane. So keep it to a minimum.

look every once and a while is fine, however if you DONT moisturise pre and post drinking u will be very dry in ur skin all over... so i suggest some heavy moisturising before drinking. Also make sure u drink a tonn of water before bed to flush ur liver out... and pace urself... dont do shots or anything.

I believe in having a good time, and yes ur liver is stressed however liver is resiliant, infact the most resilant organ in the entire body, as long as u dont do this often u should be fine. Once and a while is sweet.

If your serious about Accutane and want full results, let your body just be without alcohol stress. I used to drink all the time, I quit just because I want full results.