Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I usually buy two tubes of BP gel at a time. I am just getting to the end of the second tube and have noticed that the consistency of the gel is suddenly very watery and thin. The first 2/3 of the tube were normal, and the first tube (which was bought at the same time) was totally fine as well. I have been using the gel for almost a year now and have not encountered this problem before.

I think I purchased the tube in question in late July or early August......

I was just wondering, has anyone else had this problem? Is it possible for the gel to go bad?

Warm it up. When it gets chilly it gets watery. Warm it up and it'll go back to normal consistency. This is normal and there's nothing wrong with your gel.

I usually buy two tubes of BP gel at a time.  I am just getting to the end of the second tube and have noticed that the consistency of the gel is suddenly very watery and thin.  The first 2/3 of the tube were normal, and the first tube (which was bought at the same time) was totally fine as well.  I have been using the gel for almost a year now and have not encountered this problem before.

I think I purchased the tube in question in late July or early August......

I was just wondering, has anyone else had this problem? Is it possible for the gel to go bad?

I also noticed that my bp gel seemed a little "watery" sometimes.

This was my first tube. Its consistency actually seemed different on different days.... the most watery times were when it was rather hot out, actually.

I found it easier to absorb into my skin when it was slightly more watery... the biggest problem being the "line" of gel would start to slide right off my finger while I was trying to apply it. smile.gif

As long as the strength is not affected, the change in consistency isn't really a problem, though it's a bit weird.

Any more thoughts, Dan?