Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ttchic07

Been on Reg for 12 days... Is it common

This is my second time on the regimen. This time around I started with some pimples on my left chin that were bothersome and some clogged pores that I had for a couple months without changing on my right cheek. Well as of last weekend my entire face is COMPLETELY clear, EXCEPT for my right cheek. The clogged pores turned into deep painful pimples. They are average size, but not like a tiny whitehead. Last night I gave in after 10 days of them not changing and popped 3/4 of them, the one not popped is too deep right now to try.

My question is.. Is this normal for small tiiny clogged, almost like milia that was flat to turn into really deep painful pimples? I really hope everything works itself out soon becase I am only one cheek away from clear skin. Is there any advice anyone can give me on what to do to speed up the process? Today I iced the area for about 30 minutes and then spot treated with 10% BP and tonight I guess I will do the reg as normal and then spot treat with 2.5% BP. I am lucky tho that everything else is clear, and I have really dry skin last week and now that is gone as well.

they were tiny tiny little bumps that were skin colored and hadent changed, like you litterally could not ever see them with makeup off unless in cetain light moving you head around, but when I started the reg all the spots that i had like that turned into inflamed pimples.

Oh.

wow, weird.

I have some of those that as well i can only see them in certain light and i can also feel them. Im not on the regimen so i cant really comment, but am going to go on it.

what products are you using? That plays a crucial role in things.

I loved your comment..."only one cheek away from clear skin." Me, too!!

Sorry I can't really comment on the clogged pores turning into pimples, but for me it was red marks turing into pimples. But I guess they never really healed and so the BP brought them back into full fledged pimples. Some of them even turned to cysts. My last one is fading now and combined with some red marks from the others, that cheek doesn't look so good. But everywhere else is clear.

How long have you been on the regimen?

Victoria

Sorry...just saw in the title that it's 12 days you've been on the regimen. Silly me...forgot to look there.

I would say that it's nothing to worry about. My break-out from red marks came well into my 2nd/3rd week in.

Victoria

How long have you been on the regimen? Yea tomorrow is 2 weeks for me! I am pretty calm right now, I mean it sucks, but at least I have hope that since the rest of my face is clear then why couldnt that cheek get clear too. I think I messed it up a bit yesterday by picking at them, I got one small whitehead today on that cheek, but if I leave everything alone and continue with the reg, and maybe do a little icing this weekend then Im sure by my 3 week mark next Friday it will be almost gone.

I'm about six weeks in now. I started out using a different cleanser and moisturizer than the recommended kinds, and I tossed those after the first week. So it's about six weeks.

Hang in there. It's tough to wait out those break-outs after the first few weeks. When I would get discouraged and want to give up (as more red marks turned into pimples) I would go back and read the success stories and watch the videos. I think it's really important to remember that not everybody clears right away. Some people take weeks or even months and I tried to focus on those stories. And I'm glad I did...the rest of my face has cleared so much, it's worth it.

Now I'm just waiting on that cheek....

Good luck to you! Please write if you need encouragement. It can make a big difference!

Victoria

Yea thanks, I noticed another small one thats in there somewhere on that cheek, I guess it wants to come up, but its relaly small anyways. There are 3 places that are scabs and I guess they will fall of this weekend and then that really deep on seems to have almost gone and is kinda a tiny dot on the surface, I just need to let the scabs fall of and the underground stuff clear itself out over the next week or so and then things will be fine. I live with two girls my age and NeVEr let them see me without makeup. Well they are both going out of town for the weekend and so are most of my friends here so I might just spend the weekend here with no makeup and maybe that will help some.

I know what you mean...before I started to clear up, I'd never let anyone see me without make-up. And I always wore my hair down to cover up spots. I'm not quite so bad now and I've even tossed my foundations (though I still use a powder which covers pretty well). And cover-up in a few places, though a lot less than I used to.

I just noticed that you're posting updates in a log. Good for you!

Giving your skin a break from make-up while there's no one around sounds like a good idea. Good luck!

Victoria