Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Colonel Angus

Dermabrasion Videos

I posted this in a couple of other threads but I think it deserves a topic of it's own. I figure it would be good for those of you who don't know what it's like to see. Click on the link and do a search for dermabrasion. Click on the dermabrasion link and fill in some 'info' and then go to the presentation. Items 18-21 show the actual dermabrasion videos. You can see how manual it really is and I can see why some people have ended up with more scarring. So if a doctor turned you down for dermabrasion because your case wasn't severe enough this might clue you into why. Not to scare anyone just to let you see what is really going on.

http://www.brainshark.com/brainshark/vu/Gu...er=vuπ=104698

Colin

Edited by IDBNVS2

woohoo, i got to see it, i dont think it looks to bad or scary at all, in all honestly it looks like a pretty easy procedure to perform, but then what the hell would i know......haha

woohoo, i got to see it, i dont think it looks to bad or scary at all, in all honestly it looks like a pretty easy procedure to perform, but then what the hell would i know......haha

i had dermabrasion done almost 8 years ago, and thats the scariest thing i ve ever had in my life.

the doctor used an only localanesthesia by injection to the area like that and it was really really painful and my body started to shake like a big serizure because of the drug and fear and that made me PTSD after that..... evil.gif

i now am ok .but next time , no local anesthesia!!!!!

i m going to take CO2abrasion and cultured epidermis transplant on 24th in this month, but the doctor will use local and IV injection to make me asleep while the surgery. but i m getting scared already and i even watch bad dreams about the suregery recenly.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wacko.gifwacko.gifwacko.gifwacko.gif

I had dermabrasion done by Dr Y on my forehead. He did use Frigiderm cryoanesthesia to numb the area. The area dermabraded was my forehead. In all honesty, it didn't hurt at all. However, the forehead may be the least painful part to have it done.

I also want to point out that it oftentimes may look like you'll never heal. I know when I was going through healing. I would get light pink, accidentally rub the area, and blood would come back up over and over again!! Trust me though, you eventually do heal! I just takes 6 months. Oddly enough, the dermabrasion helped lessen the depth of the scars, but nothing truly miraculous. Maybe 30% depth reduction with improved texture.

I have had two dermabrasions and it is standard procedure for the doctor to use a substance that cools the skin so there is no pain. In both cases, the dermabraded areas were covered for about 4 days and I experienced no discomfort at all. I took no pain medication in either case. When Dr. Alkek did the second one, they did give me an anethesia that made me really woozy and out of it. Both procedures were very smooth with minimal discomfort. I agree though - go to a doctor that has done the procedure numerous times and in the case of Dr. A - teaches the procedure to other doctors.

Dan T.

I don't know what I want to do anymore but I don't want to have bloody face. How about laser treatments? Smoothbeam? And are there any treatments to remover red marks?

I had dermabrasion done by Dr Y on my forehead. He did use Frigiderm cryoanesthesia to numb the area. The area dermabraded was my forehead. In all honesty, it didn't hurt at all. However, the forehead may be the least painful part to have it done.

that things look ... bloody scarry (look at the blood coming out of her cheek ... yuk !?!? )

well, as my scar is not that deep .. i wouldn't dare to do it lol (as i am very scar of the needle)

and i heard that this would make ur sking so freaking thin, rihgt? so u need to put on the sunscreen everytime u wanna go somewhere outdoor .. (and i know that i can not even stay away from the sun for a week coz i'm not vampire .. )

anyway, good luck for everyppl who would like to do this things lol .--> hope u guy have a glowing perfect skin afterward

Nope, just a needle on the butt and small pill under the tongue. The needle won't hurt. Pinch your butt cheek and that's the feeling. :o)

Hi everyone,

Can anyone tell me whether Dr Y will give out so many anesthesia needles for dermabrasion as well?

I cannot stand needles

:shock:

I posted this in a couple of other threads but I think it deserves a topic of it's own. I figure it would be good for those of you who don't know what it's like to see. Click on the link and do a search for dermabrasion. Click on the dermabrasion link and fill in some 'info' and then go to the presentation. Items 18-21 show the actual dermabrasion videos. You can see how manual it really is and I can see why some people have ended up with more scarring. So if a doctor turned you down for dermabrasion because your case wasn't severe enough this might clue you into why. Not to scare anyone just to let you see what is really going on.

http://www.brainshark.com/brainshark/vu/Gu...er=vuπ=104698

Colin

I can't believe the guy didn't do a 100% TCA peel under the eyes and on the eye lids to blend the skin color change. That was the most painful part of the procedure even with Casandra holding a fan to my face.

But yeah, I don't think the guy went very deep on her. I remember after mine it was sanguine bloody red, not just pink/red.

& it isn't a bad procedure at all. With the drugs they could tell you they were going to cut off your arm with a rusty saw and you wouldn't care. Although I do admit that I freaked a little when I heard the sound of the brush for the first time.

I'm surprised the other Dr. Y patients here say they experienced little to no pain. I think people must have different tolerances of pain or experience pain differently. The forehead (right near my hair line) was considerably painful for me and the areas around my eyes and around my lips.

I'm such a scardy cat too... I tried watching the vid, and I couldnt even get past the shots I got so nauseous. It was likely one of the scariest things I've ever done in my life but I knew I was in the very best of hands which made a tremendous difference.

Nope, just a needle on the butt and small pill under the tongue. The needle won't hurt. Pinch your butt cheek and that's the feeling. :o)

If you hate needles like I do, and you get woozy when approached with them, ask to lie down. I literally passed out from getting the demoral shots.