Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cruella22

Does anyone use cheap makeup?

I use expensive makeup Laura Mercier Oil-Free Foundation $40 and Mac Sudio Fix $20 is not that bad, but then I just always think that USUALLY higher priced cosmetics hsve better quality and performance. Recently I came across NYC (New York Color) Foundation in drugstores that has similar ingredients to my Laura Mercier Foundation but only $2! Im wondering if I should try it. Hey will anyone be willing to try this foundation?

I am like you and when it comes to something as important as makeup/foundation, I like to buy expensive over cheap, because for me that =quality. If it has the same ingedients you should put it to the test. But do be vary wary of cheap bases, beacause IMO they just aren't of the same standard.

In my opinion, more money does not equal a better product. Some brands are very cheap because they do not have any print or tv advertising.

Research ingredients (this is what makes a difference) -legally they have to be listed in order of percentage used.

I also recommend researching companies-some own multiple brands.

The company that owns Lancome owns Maybelline, and their products are made in the same factory with the same ingredients, only difference is packaging and marketing.

In my opinion, more money does not equal a better product. Some brands are very cheap because they do not have any print or tv advertising.

Research ingredients (this is what makes a difference) -legally they have to be listed in order of percentage used.

I also recommend researching companies-some own multiple brands.

The company that owns Lancome owns Maybelline, and their products are made in the same factory with the same ingredients, only difference is packaging and marketing.

maybelline is not that expensive and its great

ive used everythin i can

almay, clinique, maybelline, revlon

but wont pay makeup for 40 bucks!!!!!

the ABSOLUTE BEST foundation for covering lots of pimples is Loreal's Quickstick. it covers so freaking well, you wouldn't believe it. i'm not sure how good it is for your skin, it feels greasy at the end of the day (i keep it fresh with Almay StayClean pressed powder). but if you have to look your best and don't want people to know you have bad skin, this is the one.

The Laura Mercier Oil-Free Foundation that I have been using has really helped control oil throughoit the day because of its main ingredient, Kaolin (oil-absorber used in many face masks). This foundation by NYC has the same ingredient. Does anyone want to give this a shot and try it? If you dont break out easily that is.

Guest mishmosh

you get what you pay for with foundation, but other than that. I can see no diff, apart from packaging and advertising.

New York Color is cheap b/c it's full of comedogenic ingredients. Don't spread that stuff on your face.

I agree that you should never use cheap makeup...especially if you have sensitive skin! I learnt the hard way...I used all kinda of lipstick from maybelline, L'oreal etc (drug store lipsticks are considered cheap..although alot of their products are not bad) Then guess what...my lips became pigmented and started cracking up badly..and i ran to the derm's clinic. (As if my face woes arent enough!!) And he prescribed a topical steroid..seems it was an allergic reaction to lipstick. And tahts not over...turns out that the steroid worked too well...totally peeled off the skin on my lips..and left it red and raw and damnnn painful. So..i am still in the process of healing! So no more cheap lipsticks for me..no sirreeee! eusa_naughty.gif

Guest ldanielle

cheap nail varnishes and eyeliners are sometimes ok

But with foundations, I find that only the more expensive ones come in very pale shades. and that you're more likely to end up looking like a greasy orange-faced chav with a cheap foundation

"oranged faced chav" - yes that is sooo true.

I just got a sample of Loreals true match foundation, I have been wearing it over the weekend and it seems to be quite good, doesn't make me look so shiny.

Thing is I find when I use samples they work great but when I buy the actuall product it is crap.

cheap nail varnishes and eyeliners are sometimes ok

But with foundations, I find that only the more expensive ones come in very pale shades. and that you're more likely to end up looking like a greasy orange-faced chav with a cheap foundation