Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
amg455

Eucerin Renewal Vs. Aloe Vera Gel

Just curious if anyone has swapped out Eucerin Renewal for Aloe Vera and what their results are/were? I don't like Eucerin as it is very greasy and makes my face even more oily. Aloe Vera gel actually tends to keep my face from becoming oily and seems to "dry" it out a little, but not in a bad way. Just wanted to know if others have experimented with this and what their results were?

Eh but the whole point of eucerin renewal is to moisturize your face, isn't it? Seems like a weird comparison, taking into account their different functions...

Aloe vera doesn't have sunscreen. Perhaps you could use it at night and see if your oiliness reduces! I've used aloe vera gel a couple times at night recently (I usually don't use any moisturizer at night). Didn't notice any reduction in oiliness, but it didn't break me out or anything, so awesome!

Eh but the whole point of eucerin renewal is to moisturize your face, isn't it? Seems like a weird comparison, taking into account their different functions...

Aloe vera doesn't have sunscreen.  Perhaps you could use it at night and see if your oiliness reduces!  I've used aloe vera gel a couple times at night recently (I usually don't use any moisturizer at night).  Didn't notice any reduction in oiliness, but it didn't break me out or anything, so awesome!

sunscreen will also help with the forming of new dark marks... But if aloe vera gel is what you want to use, why not? razz.gif

Aloe vera doesn't have sunscreen.  Perhaps you could use it at night and see if your oiliness reduces!  I've used aloe vera gel a couple times at night recently (I usually don't use any moisturizer at night).  Didn't notice any reduction in oiliness, but it didn't break me out or anything, so awesome!

Sunscreen has not been proven to prevent skin cancer and a larger concern is reducing the oiliness. I'm not out in the sun enough to worry about the possibility of skin cancer. Just wanted to know if anyone has used aloe vera gel long term?

smoking hasn't been "proven" to cause lung cancer, but there's enough correlational evidence to force the companies to say on the packs "SMOKING CAUSES LUNG CANCER"

But so many of us only wear sunscreen on our face. Is it really because it'll prevent skin cancer, or because we know it'll help our acne? wink.gif