Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
koreankid

Is it worth it?

I've been using BP for nearly 3 weeks. It has done nothing. Right now I am getting tons of new pimples all over my forehead (my problem area before) and I am getting redder by the second and I feel very unfulfilled. I was using ProActiv before and my skin wasn't nearly this bad. Do you think I should wait it out or not because my acne is getting worse by the second.

Definately worth it my friend, don't give up on it so soon... need a few months at least.

the guy is asking a serious question it should be addressed with some seriousness... no dont give it alteast a few months because thats bullshit - if bp aint kickin in by week 1-2 then ur skin isnt really reacting to it i would say.

what %bp r u using by the way? and secondally if their is redness try using nivea visage oil free moisturizing liquid - but use only the smallest amount and that should help with redness i think. i think ur getting the new pimples because the bp is drying ur skin out

If it's gonna take a few months, and in the mean time make things worse, "Is it worth it?" really is a big question.

I'm afraid to start using Bp because my outbreaks may be bad, but they ease away in a few days. But with Bp, it stays for weeks.

Good on you koreankid and everyone else brave enough to use bp. personally, I dont think it's really worth it. Unless you can lock yourself up for 3 months without going out. And I'm being serious.

It takes a lot of guts to go out with the side effects of bp for everyone to see. It's hard enough as it is already, I dont think I could handle the emotional turmoil of thinking everyone is staring at me.

Keep us posted koreankid. Wish you all the best. Being as brave as you are (3 wekks of it getting worse!) you deserve for it to work out for you!

the guy is asking a serious question it should be addressed with some seriousness... no dont give it alteast a few months because thats bullshit - if bp aint kickin in by week 1-2 then ur skin isnt really reacting to it i would say.

You're probably expierencing an initial breakout still. You should give the BP gel a few months at least before you quit trying it. Also make sure you are following the regimen exactly as perscribed.

My regimen:

1 - wash with Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser

2 - add BP gel (generously)

3 - add moisturizer.

The past few days I have lost faith in the BP Gel. The only thing that gets me is it doesnt PREVENT pimples. It only makes them go away once they have come. For me the problem is them coming. Before, I had a huge breakout on my forehead. I tried Differen for a few months which took away the pimples but left scars. It worked way too slowly for me and I needed something faster so I switched to ProActiv. I used it for about 1 1/2 months. It took away most of the scarring (at least dimmed it dramatically) and helped me not get more breakouts on my forehead and it helped overall. But I still got spot pimples a lot. So I switched to BP gel. for the past few weeks I have gotten at least one more pimple each day and since I am in High School there is NO ONE who wants to look at a pimply face! It is amazing that there are only about 5 students (me included) in one of my 30-student classes that have noticable acne. I need something that works fast, not something that goes so slow. I know that everyone says BP gel works and everything and I would try it if it were the summer where I wouldn't be seen as much, but right now I need something that works quick like magic because I have been struggling for a long time and now I am losing my patience. The past two days I have been using Proactiv (just cleanser & toner) and a small amount of BP Gel. I know its not the greatest thing to do, but the proactiv is soothing my skin and taking away the scars while BP gel is doing...well...nothing. I would fullout go onto BP If I knew FOR A FACT it would work but it is so uncertain I just dont know if its worth it to spend 3 months doing this with no results while I could be using something else that is taking my pimples away...

hey whats up gae seki... jk.

are u using dans bp gel and are u applying almost a finger? as for looking for something like magic or instant results, there is nothing out there as effective as bp gel implemented into the regimen. your other option is pretty much accutane... but your face is gonna get alot worse on that for months on end. . so ur best bet is to stick with the clear skin regimen dude...gluck!

cool.gif

hey Im on almost 2 months and ull want 2 keep it up! I have had ups and downs, but I think its just clearing my skin out. Also, I get less cystic pimples (which I get only 1 a month due to hormones). Def doing something for me. I have just been persistent bc even with ACCUTANE u have UPS and DOWNS! And this is more cost effective and safer w/ Less Risk and inexpensive compared to other things! Good Luck! STICK WITH IT!!!!!!! eusa_clap.gif

I am back on ProActiv, every once and awhile i use the BP GEL I mean I know its not going to work to its full extent if it works even at all... but eh... I know everyone says to stick it out but right now im in a position where I dont have any patience at all and I feel like if its not working right away im just wasting my time. I wish I could stick it out but right now I need results quick... I know it sounds pretty bratty and stupid and I'm sure many of you have worse acne than me but I just dont have the time to experiment right now.

I am back on ProActiv, every once and awhile i use the BP GEL I mean I know its not going to work to its full extent if it works even at all... but eh... I know everyone says to stick it out but right now im in a position where I dont have any patience at all and I feel like if its not working right away im just wasting my time. I wish I could stick it out but right now I need results quick... I know it sounds pretty bratty and stupid and I'm sure many of you have worse acne than me but I just dont have the time to experiment right now.

You can only use what you feel works, if other people say wait it out, but you say proactiv was better, then use proactiv becasue your skin could handle it. Or try another brand of BP, BP can be tricky stuff, sometimes it works wonders, sometimes it doesnt do as good