Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xemina

Confidence is Confidence (Please Read)

I' ve been reading these posts for awhile, and I like the most of you, have been affected by acne and scarring. From what I've beginning to realize about life is that EVERYONE is insecure or has something to be insecure about. Whether it is acne, weight, height, economic status, breast size, penis size, hair thinning, you name it. It's in our nature to be focus on what is bad IT DOESN"T MATTER WHAT IT IS. I really love this board and from what I've seen most of us seem like regular down to earth people (moreso down to earth because of our experiences with our skin) who want to live normal lives. But its not our acne ar scarring that prevents us from living normal lives, it is ourselves. With this board, we can find a solution to our peoblem and rid ourselves of acne and scarring and I am in the process of doing this.

There are gorgeous girls and handsome guys out there who have really low-self esteem for whatever reason. It doesn't hace to be physical. My point is that in order to achieve our goals in life we cannot let our insecurities get the best of us. I know it sounds cheesey but its true. If you actually pay attention to people and look at them, they have flaws, some on the surface some within their personalities. I work in a centralizes area and I see couples all the time and believe it or not, people with acne/scars have girlfriends and boyfriends, as well as overweight people, short poeple, bald people etc. In order to suceed in all we do we must be self assured and confident and confidence is not something you find on the floor nor is it something you find in your skin, it is somethind you find in yourself. There is no such think as perfection, but there is such thing as confidence. If you think about it, we really can't let our skin ruin us, we have to live each day to the fullest and just enjoy ourselves, I know it sounds hard but I've been trying to change the way I think and feel about my skin and I feel better everyday. I will continue to prat for you all so that not only will you find the solution to having nicer skin, but you find the confidence you need to enjoy your day to day lives, because there is a difference, we just focus on our skin too much to realize it.

I' ve been reading these posts for awhile, and I like the most of you, have been affected by acne and scarring.  From what I've beginning to realize about life is that EVERYONE is insecure or has something to be insecure about.  Whether it is acne, weight, height, economic status, breast size, penis size, hair thinning, you name it.  It's in our nature to be focus on what is bad IT DOESN"T MATTER WHAT IT IS.  I really love this board and from what I've seen most of us seem like regular down to earth people (moreso down to earth because of our experiences with our skin) who want to live normal lives.  But its not our acne ar scarring that prevents us from living normal lives, it is ourselves. With this board, we can find a solution to our peoblem and rid ourselves of acne and scarring and I am in the process of doing this. 

There are gorgeous girls and handsome guys out there who have really low-self esteem for whatever reason. It doesn't hace to be physical. My point is that in order to achieve our goals in life we cannot let our insecurities get the best of us.  I know it sounds cheesey but its true.  If you actually pay attention to people and look at them, they have flaws, some on the surface some within their personalities. I work in a centralizes area and I see couples all the time and believe it or not, people with acne/scars have girlfriends and boyfriends, as well as overweight people, short poeple, bald people etc.  In order to suceed in all we do we must be self assured and confident and confidence is not something you find on the floor nor is it something you find in your skin, it is somethind you find in yourself.  There is no such think as perfection, but there is such thing as confidence.  If you think about it, we really can't let our skin ruin us, we have to live each day to the fullest and just enjoy ourselves, I know it sounds hard but I've been trying to change the way I think and feel about my skin and I feel better everyday.  I will continue to prat for you all so that not only will you find the solution to having nicer skin, but you find the confidence you need to enjoy your day to day lives, because there is a difference, we just focus on our skin too much to realize it.

Hi Adam. Remember what I said, confidence is not something you "get" Its something that it is inside of you that it is being blocked by your insecurity. BELIEVE ME. It's the same thing with happiness, it is a state of mind. It doesn't come with money, clear skin etc. As, humans we have a tendency to complicate our lives with small mundane things. Honestly speaking, could you imagine if someone dying of cancer (or any other disease) or someone who has lost someone they love, read our forums and saw how stupid we sounded. Acne and Scarring is traumatic, but our ability to overcome it is stronger than we think. If we look at the whole picture, would you want to die tommorow knowing that the last thing you did on earth was stare at your acne scars in the mirror. Most of us would say NO!!! I do obsess about my scars and how to fix them, but I'm beginning to get it out of my head that I am ugly or less of a person because of my skin. I hope you do that too. And I've read a lot of your posts and you are a caring and compassionate guy which is more important that having a few scars on your face. Trust me on that.

"But its not our acne ar scarring that prevents us from living normal lives, it is ourselves."

THATS COMPLETE BULLSHIT. IF IT WASNT FOR MY ACNE AND SCARS I WOULD BE OUT PARTYING OR SOMETHING GETTING A JOB OR SOMETHING. STOP WITH THAT BULLSHIT CAUSE YOU KNOW ITS TRUE.

Hi Adam.  Remember what I said, confidence is not something you "get"  Its something that it is inside of you that it is being blocked by your insecurity.  BELIEVE ME.  It's the same thing with happiness, it is a state of mind.  It doesn't come with money, clear skin etc.  As, humans we have a tendency to complicate our lives with small mundane things.  Honestly speaking, could you imagine if someone dying of cancer (or any other disease) or someone who has lost someone they love, read our forums and saw how stupid we sounded.  Acne and Scarring is traumatic, but our ability to overcome it is stronger than we think.  If we look at the whole picture, would you want to die tommorow knowing that the last thing you did on earth was stare at your acne scars in the mirror.  Most of us would say NO!!!  I do obsess about my scars and how to fix them, but I'm beginning to get it out of my head that I am ugly or less of a person because of my skin.  I hope you do that too.  And I've read a lot of your posts and you are a caring and compassionate guy which is more important that having a few scars on your face.  Trust me on that.

"But its not our acne ar scarring that prevents us from living normal lives, it is ourselves."

THATS COMPLETE BULLSHIT. IF IT WASNT FOR MY ACNE AND SCARS I WOULD BE OUT PARTYING OR SOMETHING GETTING A JOB OR SOMETHING. STOP WITH THAT BULLSHIT CAUSE YOU KNOW ITS TRUE.

from what I've seen most of us seem like regular down to earth people (moreso down to earth because of our experiences with our skin) who want to live normal lives. 

Guest Freak_Turbulence
I' ve been reading these posts for awhile, and I like the most of you, have been affected by acne and scarring.  From what I've beginning to realize about life is that EVERYONE is insecure or has something to be insecure about.  Whether it is acne, weight, height, economic status, breast size, penis size, hair thinning, you name it.  It's in our nature to be focus on what is bad IT DOESN"T MATTER WHAT IT IS.  I really love this board and from what I've seen most of us seem like regular down to earth people (moreso down to earth because of our experiences with our skin) who want to live normal lives.  But its not our acne ar scarring that prevents us from living normal lives, it is ourselves. With this board, we can find a solution to our peoblem and rid ourselves of acne and scarring and I am in the process of doing this. 

There are gorgeous girls and handsome guys out there who have really low-self esteem for whatever reason. It doesn't hace to be physical. My point is that in order to achieve our goals in life we cannot let our insecurities get the best of us.  I know it sounds cheesey but its true.  If you actually pay attention to people and look at them, they have flaws, some on the surface some within their personalities. I work in a centralizes area and I see couples all the time and believe it or not, people with acne/scars have girlfriends and boyfriends, as well as overweight people, short poeple, bald people etc.  In order to suceed in all we do we must be self assured and confident and confidence is not something you find on the floor nor is it something you find in your skin, it is somethind you find in yourself.  There is no such think as perfection, but there is such thing as confidence.  If you think about it, we really can't let our skin ruin us, we have to live each day to the fullest and just enjoy ourselves, I know it sounds hard but I've been trying to change the way I think and feel about my skin and I feel better everyday.  I will continue to prat for you all so that not only will you find the solution to having nicer skin, but you find the confidence you need to enjoy your day to day lives, because there is a difference, we just focus on our skin too much to realize it.

Guest Freak_Turbulence
Now there's a point.

If we acted confident when we aren't at heart, wouldn't we just be phonies?

I'm going to use a fat analogy, because I master in them.

Say you're chubby. And say you're insecure about it. Someone could come along and tell you to cheer up, just cause you're a little chubby doesn't mean you have to stop living, accept who you are maaan. Now some people might hear that and think "Aw hell no, she's so right, I'm comfortable with who I am!" and go away happy as pie.

But other people will go whatever, I'm not comfortable how I am THATS THE POINT, so I've got to do something about it.

That's us. Here. We're here to do something about it. If we didn't want to we wouldn't be here

Guest Freak_Turbulence

Yeah like when people say they want confidence in a man or woman. I still don't get that.

WOW. I never realized how pissed off I would make people by telling them to try and move past the insecurities of their skin. Obviously we are all here to make the situation with our skin better but don't you think by hating ourselves is making the situation worse. The only think that we have control over is the way we think. People don't realize this and they take on the shitty attitude that because this and this happened to me I have to be bitter. I'm not saying not to fix your skin I'm saying that if you think differently about your skin maybe you'll feel better about it. I think you guys need to relax!!! And I don't care what you think, I still believe that everyone is insecure regardless of what their problems are. BUT, if you don't come off as being insecure and always hiding inside and hating your skin (although its not our fault we have this problem) then you can live a decent life. YOU DON'T CHOOSE THE TYPE OF SKIN YOU HAVE BUT YOU CAN CHOOSE HOW YOUR GOING TO DEAL WITH IT, EMOTIONALLY, PHYSICALLY, AND MENTALLY. Just with anything in life. There is nothing wrong with what I'm saying.

By the way, I know how you all feel because we all walk in the same shoes so its not like I live ina fantasy world where I have gotten over my skin and I all of a sudden have confidence. I just think that we let it get the best of us and we shouldn't because life is too short.

I take it from the response you want me to tell you to be bitter and stay inside because of your ugly skin. I'm not going to, it's how I feel.

Guest Freak_Turbulence

I don't want you to be bitter, but saying we can choose how we are going to emotionally deal with it is 100% bullshit. Humans really aren't that simple, I don't know how many more times I can say this. How well the benzoyl peroxide works is more likely going to determine how you emotionally deal with it, not your "choice". So since the factors that go into the psychological affects of acne are so simple to you, I have a question. Can you also 'choose' your way out of the death of your entire family? Can you choose how to deal with that? Now I'm guessing you would say you could choose. But when it happened to you and all those factors came crushing down and interacting with each other, no choice you could make would help you.

Obviously. I have never been faced with that sort of situation (knock on wood) and if I was I don't know how I would react. I'm not saying you can choose to love your skin I'm saying that we have the ability to get past our fixation with it. There are some things in life you just have to let go whether you like it or not. You don't have to let go of wanting to fix your skin but you should let go of hating yourself for how you look.

Honestly, do you have another choice? i have come to the conclusion that I will never have perfect skin. I will try and fix it as best I can but other than that I will never have a flawless complexion. More imporatntly, I have come to the conclusion that I will not cry about it anymore or let it run my life. These message boards have become my life and I'm trying to cut back. I don't look in mirrors as much and I don't scrutinize my skin as much either. I try and work with what I have and take things slowly.

I honestly can say, that I want to improve the appearance of my skin and if and when I do I will feel relieved. BUT, in the meantime I must feel confidence in the things I do on a day to day basis whether its work or school and shut out the fact that that my skin is not perfect. No One is perfect and even people that appear to be perfect, think their ugly.

For so long, my skin has prohibited me from feeling comfortable around people (guys especially) and I don't want that to happen anymore. My skin will not be perfet overnight BUT if I just let go of it I will be able to function and talk to guys more. And deep down I know if a guy really like me, he will regardless of how my skin looks. But more importantly, I have to like myself first.

WOW.  I never realized how pissed off I would make people by telling them to try and move past the insecurities of their skin.  Obviously we are all here to make the situation with our skin better but don't you think by hating ourselves is making the situation worse.  The only think that we have control over is the way we think.  People don't realize this and they take on the shitty attitude that because this and this happened to me I have to be bitter.  I'm not saying not to fix your skin I'm saying that if you think differently about your skin maybe you'll feel better about it.  I think you guys need to relax!!!  And I don't care what you think, I still believe that everyone is insecure regardless of what their problems are.  BUT, if you don't come off as being insecure and always hiding inside and hating your skin (although its not our fault we have this problem) then you can live a decent life.  YOU DON'T CHOOSE THE TYPE OF SKIN YOU HAVE BUT YOU CAN CHOOSE HOW YOUR GOING TO DEAL WITH IT, EMOTIONALLY, PHYSICALLY, AND MENTALLY. Just with anything in life.  There is nothing wrong with what I'm saying. 

By the way, I know how you all feel because we all walk in the same shoes so its not like I live ina fantasy world where I have gotten over my skin and I all of a sudden have confidence.  I just think that we let it get the best of us and we shouldn't because life is too short. 

I take it from the response you want me to tell you to be bitter and stay inside because of your ugly skin.  I'm not going to, it's how I feel.