Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
3pointshoota

Soap is making my skin dry

I just started the regimen and am using netrogena 2.5% BP and Cetaphil Gentle cleansing bar for dry, sensitive skin. BP isnt drying my skin at all. But whenever I use the Cetaphil bar, my skin turns really dry. Is this normal?

Your skin is expected to be dry when you or anyone uses a 'bar soap' to cleanse their skin. I personally do not recomend any type of 'bar soap' to anyone at all because of the very drying effects it has on the skin. To get a liquid into a solid (which is what they do to get the soap into a 'bar soap') they have to add an ingredient in the soap, to "Hold" it all together. This ingredient is a preservative and this is the ingredient that will dry up the skin.

Cetaphil Gentle cleansing bar for dry, sensitive skin.

Guest fatman_uk

Don't lump all bars into one categorie, they don't all suck an they certainly don't all dry.

Trial and error i'm afraid, i've never found any of the gentle cleansers to work for me. I guess some of us jus NEED a bit of DRYNESS. :D

P.S - Original poster, i heard the Cetaphil BAR was shit anyhow, get the liquid cleanser. It's so gentle it wont feel like you've had a wash, great huh? I like oily skin too! #-o

-Gaz