Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Solipsist

'tane in the membrane : the log!

'ello kids! my digital name's "soly" and i'm an 18 year old male from los angeles. a bittah personal history -

12: started to break out a wee bit.

14: dun dun dun. the beginning of a wonderfully cystic relationship.

16: developed moderate+ scarring.

17: a whole motha' boatload of chem peels. about 30-40% improvement in redmarks. scaled down active acne from severe to mild/moderate.

so as you may very well shout at your screens, i should have taken accutane a long arse time ago. however, my mother (bless her) was concerned about the ridiculously rare impotency side effect and refused treatment. however, 'zactly when i turned 18 i dove through the window of my pretty car and busted all the way to our derm's office and demanded accutane. therefore/hence/thenceforth/alas, here we are!

i was kind of the lazy the first two days and procrastinated in the creation of this here blog thing. however, during the first three days of taking tane nothing really happened. today, however, on the fourth day - dayum! seems as though lincoln rolled a 'lil too much in his grave and sent a bunch of confederate bastards to play gettysburg on my face. i have super sensitive skin, so basically i'm hoping this "initial breakout" lasts no more than a few weeks. i'm a seasoned veteran, though, so it's not that big of a deal. but still.

anyway, the only products i am using are cetaphil, emu oil and neosporin. i really can't think of anything else to use because (as previously mentioned) my skin is super sensitive. however, if you helpful folk have any recommendations i'd be glad to hand out candy (the kind that doesn't break you out, of course.)

look forward to more updates from this kid, and thanks a bunch!

Hello.

Same with me, I'm getting pimples everywhere, I don't mind under my neck too much since they aren't that noticeable with my facial hair. Good Luck Man, you seem to be the same as me in time.

Hello.

Same with me, I'm getting pimples everywhere, I don't mind under my neck too much since they aren't that noticeable with my facial hair. Good Luck Man, you seem to be the same as me in time.

day 5

face is recovering from yesterday's coup. last night i applied emu oil everywhere as well as neosporin on active spots; i wasn't too sure how this would go over with my skin, but it seems to have reacted pretty well. i'm thinking about picking up some vitamin e at the local GNC or whatever, but that'll have to wait for the time being. i've got an essay presentation in english that i'm doing today, as well as a research proposal that i must complete in the next three hours. biggrin.gif did i mention i rock at procrastination?

anyhow, overall consensus for the morning's log seems to be decent. nothing miraculous yet, though on that flipside i haven't lost a limb - hooray for calcium!

have a nice day, all.

Congrats on taking matters into your own hands, and im sorry your mom wasn't supportive. I have two pieces of advice i can give you as things get underway... First, go get yourself some vitamin E NOW!!! That stuff is amazing. And secondly, remember to be patient, 'tane takes a while to do its thing (I'm a week or so into month 3 and i still have 3 or 4 zits that are hanging around).

Congrats on taking matters into your own hands, and im sorry your mom wasn't supportive.  I have two pieces of advice i can give you as things get underway...  First, go get yourself some vitamin E NOW!!!  That stuff is amazing.  And secondly, remember to be patient, 'tane takes a while to do its thing (I'm a week or so into month 3 and i still have 3 or 4 zits that are hanging around).

day 6

OK. i woke up this morning pretty well-rested, so i was hoping that it would show on my face. not only was my last break out well on its way to recovery, but my skin tone was pretty decent as well. i swear, guys - if you haven't gotten any emu oil, go order some! this stuff is jesus christ in a bottle. you'll hug it when you go to sleep. you'll kiss it in the morning. o! emu oil. how dost thou liketh my pores?

so, yes. things are looking OKAY now. really minor breakout but it's not that bad. my lips are feeling kinda dry - i should probably pick up some aquaphor or something. does anyone know if they have it at the local drug store? i'll have to go check it out. meanwhile, no real side effects have developed as of late -

x dry skin.

x dry lips.

x minor headaches.

x sensitive to sunlight.

all in a day's work, i'd say. so, who's up for some tetherball?

Glad to see you're doing so well! I too wish I had gone on accutane sooner. I had a derm who basically made me go through a year of glycolic peels which left me not much better off than before. DIE! EVIL DERM!

Glad to see you're doing so well! I too wish I had gone on accutane sooner. I had a derm who basically made me go through a year of glycolic peels which left me not much better off than before. DIE! EVIL DERM!

day 6 - night time!

alright. i decided to update tonight because my skin went from moist in the morning to DRY AS A DAMN DESERT in the now late evening hours. this probably isn't a good sign if i'm drying so quickly on the 6th day. who knows, though - maybe it means the 'tane is working like a charm. ah, we'll just have to wade this one out and see. as a quick aside, not only is my face drying up (and flaking!) but my lips feel like they were smothered in chocolate. they're thick and cracked as all hell. mary joseph, what's the word?

Moisturize man!

My skin dried up too after a couple of days. It got itchy and flaky too.

After a couple of days of moisturizing everything was fine again. Continue to moisturize. Now i do it once a day, at night after washing.

Good luck. You might wanna get chapstick too, lips could dry out.

Moisturize man!

My skin dried up too after a couple of days. It got itchy and flaky too.

After a couple of days of moisturizing everything was fine again. Continue to moisturize. Now i do it once a day, at night after washing.

Good luck. You might wanna get chapstick too, lips could dry out.

day 7! one week!

hard to believe it's been one week already. not much is going on - the usual dryness around my mouth/lips, ghostly breakouts that march in with full force and then randomly disappear, etc. i'm not sure if it's the emu/neosporin combo, but something is working for my skin. oh, and i got some vitamin e (finaly.) been taking two tabets with dinner along with the 'tane, so hopefully that'll make some of the side effects a bit easier to manage. anyhow, boring update. i've got a new breakout but blegh, nothing i haven't gone through already. the peak of my break outs were winter of my junior year - i had about 5 cysts covering each cheek. good thing i've stopped getting them in such large numbers.

so, yes. things are looking OKAY now. really minor breakout but it's not that bad. my lips are feeling kinda dry - i should probably pick up some aquaphor or something. does anyone know if they have it at the local drug store? i'll have to go check it out.

so, yes. things are looking OKAY now. really minor breakout but it's not that bad. my lips are feeling kinda dry - i should probably pick up some aquaphor or something. does anyone know if they have it at the local drug store? i'll have to go check it out.

look for the Aquaphor in the lotion aisle at the drugstore, near the Eucerin (white bottles) brand, should be somewhere around there. it's also great around your nose and the corners of your mouth. wink.gif

day 8

happy yom kippur to all you jews out there. skin's looking pretty decent as of late. no complaints except for the sides of my mouth being incredibly dry and scabbed. *still* looking for aquaphor - all previous 'taners must have grabbed it before me. i'm going out to the valley for a service this afternoon, so perhaps i can stop along on the way and check for some in local pharmacies. not much else to report, 'cept a minor breakout on my chest.

What i do for my lips:

my dad got me some stuff in a cup, which was homemade by the pharmacist. Its really good. I put on a thick layer of it before i go to bed. Sometimes when i come home too. Dont forget the corners.

During the day i always have a chapstick. Use it every couple of hours, or when you feel your lips are drying out.

After a couple of days my lips were "recovered", and now i have to use it less often.

day 9!

ugh! today has been ridiculously stressful. i had to finish my research proposal for english, meet with my professor to discuss the annotated bibliography and then go over an essay that i turned in two weeks ago. afterwards i rushed back home, typed up some poems for this national publication i'm submitting to and on the way to the post office, scarfed down an incredibly dry tuna sandwich. oh! i found the aquaphor, too. gotta love those industrial k-marts. after i was finished with everything (had film class from 10-1) it was around 5 in the afternoon. settled at home, replied to a few messages in the lounge whilst reading some material for my 101H class and then picked up dinner with my dad. moses! now things are finally getting pretty chill, so i've a few moments to breathe.

skin's looking decent today. cysts on my cheek that's commandeering my brain. redness/dryness as usual enjoying their ass-kickage of my face. corners of my lips developing their own scab colony. gotta phone home for some doobie snacks, whatever those are. smile.gif

nothin' much else. poking around the emo forum, i'm beginning to think my willpower rocks the casbah. so many people with MILD, MILD acne are complaining about their lives. guys, take a look around you - it's extremely rare that people have 100% flawless skin. enjoy not having cystic acne scarring and full-facial redness. that's all.

What i do for my lips:

my dad got me some stuff in a cup, which was homemade by the pharmacist. Its really good. I put on a thick layer of it before i go to bed. Sometimes when i come home too. Dont forget the corners.

During the day i always have a chapstick. Use it every couple of hours, or when you feel your lips are drying out.

After a couple of days my lips were "recovered", and now i have to use it less often.

day 10 and 11. oops.

super busy lately. not much of a report. acne is pretty much dying. redmarks are a little less apparent. all of this progress is being slapped around by redness. lots of it. arrr. i may as well have been sunburned on mercury.

Is Emu helping with red spots? Cause I'll go order it now!!

it definitely helps with skin tone! though i can't say for sure if it's really helping calm down the red marks. i'd order it anyways, only because it makes the skin feel really nice.

hello,

Where can I find emu oil? Thank you!