Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blizzzza

Anyone notice??? Peoples pictures??

Anyone notice that on here you have ton's and ton's of people posting pics of themselves and must I add on an acne help page. Then in return saying something along the lines of.. Sorry bad pic cant really see my acne """but its there it really is there you just cant see it"""" why the hell didnt you just take another photo or something to show what I guess you really wanted to show us in the first place. I think this is negative to yourself...

This is a topic brought up every once in a while. Yes, people do get alot of criticism for posting up pictures of themselves with gorgeous skin while they are whining about how they get a pimple every once in a while. Yet again, this is a site that anyone can access and if they want to show their acne, and it doesn't matter how mild or severe, they should be able to do that without being criticized.

Sorry. I have a camera phone. Its the best I can do at the moment. Its bad enough I have to look at myself with acne, and sometimes the others with skin worse than my own can be saddening as well. Sometimes a clear skin pic of someone else can be encouraging, preferably a before and after pic. Also those with clear skin and those that post photos can tell us what they used to get the clear skin. Those that post clear skin photos time and time again and not say what they did to get clear skin... well.... there are a lot of haters on this board.

i dont mind people posting pictures of clear skin or anything, but it is abit annoying when they put 'scars' as the title when theres nothing there. The gallery needs to be moded much more, there is so many hate comments about it, man if you dont like the picture for what ever reason dont comment simple as.

Guest tenshigirl25

well im a girl and when i wake up and see my face its gross..as soon as i have a shower and put on makeup, u cant even tell..specially in a photo u would think i had beautiful skin..but us women know the truth behind the foundation..people just dont wanna show their pimply face..its depressing..but i agree, dont put a photo up in the 1st place then..

Guest Freak_Turbulence

I disagree completely. Let humans be humans, if they want to put up a pic of any sort (within the board rules) then let them. The threads are the focus of the site anyway, not the pictures. If you have a problem with the pictures, don't look.

Nick.

I dont mind them posting but when they complain, whine, and say how depressed they are about there acne that doesnt even exist pisses me off. People who do this have sever mental problems.

Guest Freak_Turbulence
I dont mind them posting but when they complain, whine, and say how depressed they are about there acne that doesnt even exist pisses me off. People who do this have sever mental problems.

it sucks when people post pics saying 'look, tell me im not ugly' well soz but post pictures of someone else if u dont want to hear it...whos with me!

Support for people who get depressed and upset (to a reasonable level) over 3 pimples can only be given by psycologist.

And Nick I would like to see how mild acne can be just as bad as severe because i know for a fact it doest.

Mild acne is "every day" acne. People dont even realize you have acne because there is so little of it that it seems normal. For a person with mild acne it looks obvious on themselves thats because were all critical of ourselves. But other people wont really mind/care. Severe on the other hand can be noticed from a mile away. This separates you from what is considered "good looking" in society, while mild acne does not.

They may have the same psycological affects but if a person with mild acne gets depressed, upset, and whines all the time than i feel they need professional help. A person with severe acne just needs accutane (or anything else that works for them)

It seems like the media has given psycologists more people to deal with.

Support for people who get depressed and upset (to a reasonable level) over 3 pimples can only be given by psycologist.

And Nick I would like to see how mild acne can be just as bad as severe because i know for a fact it doest.

Mild acne is "every day" acne. People dont even realize you have acne because there is so little of it that it seems normal. For a person with mild acne it looks obvious on themselves thats because were all critical of ourselves. But other people wont really mind/care. Severe on the other hand can be noticed from a mile away. This separates you from what is considered "good looking" in society, while mild acne does not.

They may have the same psycological affects but if a person with mild acne gets depressed, upset, and whines all the time than i feel they need professional help. A person with severe acne just needs accutane (or anything else that works for them)

No having perfectly gorgeous skin and then at age 18 waking up to 3 cysts on your face OVERNIGHT... and then it being a neverending cycle is depressing! Two years later I still have the scars from the first 3 cysts I ever had in my life and still get breakouts. It's like I had gotten so used to nights out at college parties falling asleep in some strangers place and not getting a single blemish. how can life be so cruel?????

Guest Freak_Turbulence

Yeah I don't know how many ways I can say this, but you're dead wrong. And a psychologist wouldn't be assigned to you, a psychiatrist most likely would, not that you would spell either of them correctly. Listen, I've explained this in another post. You assuming that severe acne sufferers necessarily suffer more than mild acne sufferers is basically you saying you know the individual factors in every acne sufferer's life. Factors which, by the way, interact in complicated ways to produce psychological effects. So there are 17 million acne sufferers in the US alone, I'm glad you know all of them.

Nick.

Guest tenshigirl25

acne is depressing full stop. yeah i can have gorgeous beautiful skin, wake up and find 3 cysts, that would be depressing..but what if 3 weeks later i woke up and had a whole face full of cysts? are u telling me that is on the same level? thats the point where people are staring at u and u never wanna leave your bedroom bcause people think u are a monster. yes all acne is depressing, but some types of acne can be more crushing then others..but we are all here for help, we all have the same problem, some worse then others..but basically the same.

as for the photos, some people do post pictures of themselves with beautiful skin and say "my skin doesnt really look like this"..so why put it up in the 1st place?

Guest Freak_Turbulence
acne is depressing full stop. yeah i can have gorgeous beautiful skin, wake up and find 3 cysts, that would be depressing..but what if 3 weeks later i woke up and had a whole face full of cysts? are u telling me that is on the same level? thats the point where people are staring at u and u never wanna leave your bedroom bcause people think u are a monster. yes all acne is depressing, but some types of acne can be more crushing then others..but we are all here for help, we all have the same problem, some worse then others..but basically the same.

as for the photos, some people do post pictures of themselves with beautiful skin and say "my skin doesnt really look like this"..so why put it up in the 1st place?

I agree. Hey this dude from Wolverhampton really knows his stuff.

i dont mind people posting pictures of clear skin or anything, but it is abit annoying when they put 'scars' as the title when theres nothing there. The gallery needs to be moded much more, there is so many hate comments about it, man if you dont like the picture for what ever reason dont comment simple as.

alot of pictures are taken with lo-res quality cams, phone cams, and webcams, which can make anybodies skin look clear.

Okay you all have valid points. But we have to gain perspective.

Yes, people have a right to get depressed over three pimples, but we must gain a little perspective. We shouldn't really be getting depressed over minor outbreaks but the fact that people do suggests an already underlying problem with their confidence.

And I can understand that severe sufferers often feel annoyed at this clear pictures, i thnk the gallery should be revised to be honest to categorise pictures.

Yes, people have a right to get depressed over three pimples, but we must gain a little perspective. We shouldn't really be getting depressed over minor outbreaks but the fact that people do suggests an already underlying problem with their confidence.

And I can understand that severe sufferers often feel annoyed at this clear pictures, i thnk the gallery should be revised to be honest to categorise pictures.

Guest Freak_Turbulence

I could not agree more.

I admit though. The first time I browsed through the galleries I became quite annoyed with the fact that there were more pics of people without acne as opposed to those with. I was trying to find someone with acne similar to mine but instead I came across the opposite. It got to the point where I had to stop browsing because it seemed hopeless.

I just feel that if you are going to post up with some pics.. at least post with ones that are related to the site at hand: acne.org. If you use to have acne and are now acne-free, then the least you could do is post up with some before and after pics, and not just the after. Because, to be honest, I get enough clear faces on a daily basis and it makes me feel even worse when I come onto an acne site to find pics of people claiming to have acne and not have a single blemish in site.

I use to have mild/moderate acne. But after experimenting with different products to try and rid myself of it.. it turned severe. SO I know what it feels like to have mild acne and I know what it feels like to have severe. In my opinion, I can't stand acne period! But please.. count your blessings when all there is to worry about is a pimple or two. Just dab some tea tree oil.. some baking soda.. some BP.. or whatever you find works best for you, and move on. DOn't let it get the best of you.

Yes, "clear faces" are important to this site. And if this is this case.. if after dealing with acne for so long you finally beat it and want to share your success.. then by all means, please do so. Post your clear pics, but at the same time at least share your story so that we can understand the situation better and be able to relate. I mean. You have to understand both sides here.. one, the person posting the pics and two, the person viewing the pics.

I applaud the succes of anyone who has made it through this, as well as the battle of those still fighting it. But how can I applaud the success of someone with nothing to show but a clear facE? I don't know them and I don't know what they've been through. ANd judging by the pic (which is all that is given) I say that there was nothing there to begin with. So forgive me for thinking such.

BUt, If all you are looking for is that extra boost of confidence then I can tell you right now that you will never be gorgeous on the outside until you accept yourself on the inside. People can tell you again and again just how beautiful/handsome you are but ultimatley it is up to you to choose to accept it.