Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
souvenir

How often do you think about your acne?

Just wondering if anyone else thinks about their acne even when they're not looking in a mirror? Sometimes my bad skin is all that I can think about. Even when someone say's something like "a spot of bother" or "that hit the spot" I keep thinking that they're making a jibe at myself.

In work I used to run to the bathroom like every half hour just to look in the mirror to see my face. sad.gif

Just wondering if anyone else thinks about their acne even when they're not looking in a mirror?  Sometimes my bad skin is all that I can think about.  Even when someone say's something like "a spot of bother" or "that hit the spot" I keep thinking that they're making a jibe at myself. 

In work I used to run to the bathroom like every half hour just to look in the mirror to see my face.  sad.gif

sometimes i think good about it.. like there are ppl and other things that can get worse.. and ppl with worse conditions then I.. but there are times when I just get depress about it..

All the time, as of now. I mean my face is oily from the beginning of Accutane, people say it makes your face really oily then dry. So I think about it a lot. We as people think about anything we have a lot. Say such example, I had a burn on my arm, I would look at it all the time to check for it. Its human nature. As for me, I ALL THE TIME. ALL DAY. EVEN when I sleep, I have dreams. -sigh.

Yeah all the time, managed to go out friday night but since then ive been in the house its litereally been non stop thinkin about it all weekend, its driving me crazy, constant runnin to the mirror...

I'm in my second year of doin my a-levels and am scared im gonna screw them up now because i can't control my thinkin.

Sometimes it doesn't cross my mind...other times its all i can think of and i check my skin 50 million times a day to see if anything new is poping up..i think thats partyly because i'm on a healing path right now..so i'm not breaking out except very very occasionally one or two pimples here and there (knock on wood) whereas a couple of weeks ago it was all the freaking time. I get tingly sensations in my skin, sometimes even sharp little pains but 99% of the time nothing materializes...its just my skin, or the healing in it. And it freaks me out.

My enemy? too much time on my hands. I'm my own worst enemy so i try to spend as little time with myself and only myself as possible. If properly distracted i can function....otherwise...i'm a neurotic mess when it comes to my stress over this stuff.

The last two weeks, I've been busy and stressed and breaking out like hell. Therefore, my acne has been on my mind ALOT. But in times of not-stress, very little.

*sigh* Stress makes you breakout, which makes you more stressed, which breaks you out even more.............grrrr.

acne is on my mind in the morning, after school, and before i go to bed. i constantly look in the mirror to see if there are any improvements in my skin i cant wait for the day till this madness is all over.

acne is on my mind in the morning, after school, and before i go to bed. i constantly look in the mirror to see if there are any improvements in my skin i cant wait for the day till this madness is all over.

Guest doremi

I think about it quite a bit, BUT it doesn't affect me that badly that I avoid any social contacts, unless I have to go on a blind date or something.

Other than that it's cool.

Usually the first thought that I get when I wake up is, "F*ck... I have to wake up early again". Then, I got in the bathrrom and look in the mirror expecting to see new acne grown up.

me too. i feel like my skin dominates my life. it controls me! i can't stop thinking about it! it's the first thing i think when i wake up and the last thing i think before i go to sleep and during the day i keep checking in mirrors to see if there is any change in my appearance. i would like to stop thinking about it all the time but i know i will only manage this once it gets a lot better! sad.gif

Guest Freak_Turbulence

Yeah...I think about it way too much, and it affects my life way too much. I thought about taking a year off from university just to clear up my acne...like get it handled once and for all. Maybe that's extreme though.

Yeah...I think about it way too much, and it affects my life way too much. I thought about taking a year off from university just to clear up my acne...like get it handled once and for all. Maybe that's extreme though.

Guest Freak_Turbulence

I'd go back to school though...I think...I hope. I'd be able to do so much more if I didn't have to worry about it. Like, oh I don't know...actually go to all my classes. Or volunteer at the places I want to volunteer at.