Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
shadowman

Sunbed is working

I bought a sunbed because my Derm said it would be good for me. I have alot of redmarks all over my back and I've been going on the bed for about a week now and already I can see a difference. I don't care what people say about sunbeds it is working for me that's all I can say.

Guest ldanielle

You're serious? Your derm actually told you to BUY a sunbed and that they're good for your skin, and then you actually went out and BOUGHT one of the things...?

neutral.gif

You're serious? Your derm actually told you to BUY a sunbed and that they're good for your skin, and then you actually went out and BOUGHT one of the things...?

neutral.gif

neutral.gif

Guest FearlessBunnyLove

That is one of the scarier things I've heard. A little bit of sun needed for life but tanning is not good for you. They don't repeatedly tell us about the dangers of tanning and cancer for the fun of it. I'm sure they'd have better things to do other then that if it wasn't a real danger.

great! i also use a sunbed quite often and i love it... very good for the skin (in moderation) , and very good for the self confidence.

just ignore all the whining people here...

Just a theory, but i think sunbeds cant really make acne worse in the long run like the actual sun can because they dont emit a certain ray (cant remember which one, (UVx)) which thickens the skin layer. (no risk of increased clogged pores because of thicker skin and higher skin cell turnover)

I'm probably wrong though lol

Guest ldanielle

?

For fuck's sake.

I'm just confused, yet again, with posts on these forums. Before I was reading that tanning could make red marks darker, and only temporarily hides the ones that are there before the tan fades. And that it's really bad for your red marks and skin.

I don't fucking know. I'm just sick of reading one thing on these boards then the next day reading the opposite, like I've said many a time.

?

For fuck's sake.

I'm just confused, yet again, with posts on these forums. Before I was reading that tanning could make red marks darker, and only temporarily hides the ones that are there before the tan fades. And that it's really bad for your red marks and skin.

I don't fucking know. I'm just sick of reading one thing on these boards then the next day reading the opposite, like I've said many a time.

[DONT DO IT !!!!!especially for your face ITS A BIG NO NO

i had acne during the summer, then i started tanning, and my skin tans easily, after a week or two, my skin looked great, evrything was evened out.. latley i stopped for 2 weeks ( weather ) and am a lil less tan, and all these purple and red spots r poppin up EVRYWHERE !

i remeber reading all that crap that it was bad for you, and at the same time i was like you... "shit its workin for me" but now am totally reggerting it

well everyone has there own opinion you either use it or you don't simple as lol but my choice is to use it as my derm approved of it so I'm obviously going to listen to my derm after all he has done about 5 years training to be a derm. If it does go all wrong I'll kill him lol

Guest FearlessBunnyLove

I'm still in shock that a derm would recommend tanning. Apprently the thought of premature wrinkles and cancer doesn't seem to bother some people. I knew someone who got cancer from a tanning bed and that was scary. But it is true that it's your skin, your decision, and your right to let the sun destroy it.

well everyone has there own opinion you either use it or you don't simple as lol but my choice is to use it as my derm approved of it so I'm obviously going to listen to my derm after all he has done about 5 years training to be a derm.  If it does go all wrong I'll kill him lol

I agree, years ago my doctor said this was good for acne, in moderation of course. I have heard years later that it's not good to treat acne with the sun. I would tend not to do it as i am fair haired and blue eyed.

I love your avatar by the way. You look a lot like uma thurman from pulp fiction

?

For fuck's sake.

its good, it concealts the pimple not remove, but by the time skin will clear, pimples will be gone. So all is good. Also Your doctor prescribed u cancer go sue him, lol. How much for the bed ? Link me ur bed.

Guest *Clara

Sunbeds are like an oven. They emit harmful radiation through the body that can mutate cells and start cancer. confused.gif

Guest FearlessBunnyLove
Sunbeds are like an oven. They emit harmful radiation through the body that can mutate cells and start cancer. confused.gif

As I've been a seasonal tanner for over 5 years I've really put a lot of time researching this and an argument really could be made for either side - Most of the research against sunlight is funded by guess who - makers of SPF products ( a multibillion dollar industry), and the arguers for sunlight - the tanning industry ( another multibillion dollar industry).

I have read that the people most likely to get skin cancer are people who work in offices and then burn occasionally ( ie on weekends or a tropical vacation ) and the people least likely are those who are constantly in the sun ( farm workers ) and therefore have skin that has adjusted to that environment.

I'm not sure anyone can really say for sure what is the correct amount of sunlight. I think under and over exposure are both not good for you.

I'm not an advocate of tanning beds even if I do tan ( I am ghastly pale and cannot face summer without some color ), but I can tell you even if I dont get cancer I do have quite a few age spots and freckles - mostly on my body. At my age I do fear facial wrinkles and in the past year or so have been just tanning my body, and then matching my face with self tanner. Either hides pimples to some degree by the way.

Guest mishmosh

anybody who uses a sun bed in this day and age must need their head reading!

Skin cancer, premature ageing, wrinkes ....

2 years back I used to regulary tan and my red marks would disappear completely and my skin would look a whole lot better. Now that I have the accutanal sennnssiitive skin, I can't tan and anyways being out in the sun for just one minute makes me a red lobster. Oh well.. 5 more days for my accutane :D:D:D:D

personally, i love to tan. And yes.. it is a known fact the that it is harmful, but that's okay! if we live our lives trying to avoid everything that could harm us in the long run, then what's the point? Live Life!!

personally, i love to tan. And yes.. it is a known fact the that it is harmful, but that's okay! if we live our lives trying to avoid everything that could harm us in the long run, then what's the point? Live Life!!

Exactly right i totally agree you could die tomorrow who knows live life how you want it