Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
whtx

what to do after ACCUTANE fails?

I've never had cystic or severe acne but I've had alot of the other stuff. I went on a 6 month course of accutane and it cleared everything up. Now i'm about 6 months off accutane and it's starting to come back just like it was before I went on accutane.

This is really painful psychologically. What treatments would you guys recommend? The only thing I'm using right now is the cetaphil face wash to clean my face at night but I'm not sure it's doing anything.

Should I begin using over the counter stuff again? The last thing I want is to have an allergic reaction and go all red on my face.

Get some Rx medicines. Like a topical retinoid+something antibacterial (that you won't form resistance to). If that doesn't work and your acne is pretty bad, there is a chance they would give you accutane again. Some people need another course.

your probably irritating your skin no matter what only wash one time a day in the morning with something like cethapil or another gentle cleanser.

I've never had cystic or severe acne but I've had alot of the other stuff. I went on a 6 month course of accutane and it cleared everything up. Now i'm about 6 months off accutane and it's starting to come back just like it was before I went on accutane.

This is really painful psychologically. What treatments would you guys recommend? The only thing I'm using right now is the cetaphil face wash to clean my face at night but I'm not sure it's doing anything.

Should I begin using over the counter stuff again? The last thing I want is to have an allergic reaction and go all red on my face.

i hear u man. the first time i took tane, it took acne exactly 6 months to come back, so i've been taking Minocycling for 3 years. It camouflaged my acne pretty well but never really helped to cure it. so i took the tane for the second time. it's been 4 months since then, and i've never been so dipressed in my life bcoz the acne seems to come back again. Sux to be among the 5% who hafta deal with it after two rounds of tane. i tried the Dan's regimen for a month, but it didn't seem to work completely, and i can't go on seeing the acne spreading on my face, hoping for the regimen to work someday, so i'm back on Minocycline.

it sux.

hope u have better luck with it..

peace.