Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Enchantress

Whats with clear people and makeup?!

i know quite a few people with beautiful clear skin but who swear by makeup.. They totally flip if they forget their compact coz they have to fix their makeup every 15 mins rolleyes.gif And make such a big deal about how horrible they look when they actually look great. I seriously dont understand y there is a need for foundation and stuff when your skin looks awesome all the time. I guess they juz take their good skin for granted. Well, i've always told myself that the day i get totally clear without any ugly scars...i'm soo gonna throw out my makeup and flaunt it!!

Just like you are your own worst critic, most people are--so I would say just because they have flawless skin on the outside, doesn't mean they still have insecurities on the inside.

Guest Tempest

I don't blame them.....Au Naturelle isn't exactly the standard out there in society. Just like fidgeting with your clothes and making sure they are in style and look good is no different really then checking the mask you wear on your face. I like makeup and don't imagin I will get rid of it even if I ever get perfect skin, I just prefere the way I look in it. BUT I don't check it all the time, I'm a fix it and forget it type of gal wink.gif

You know what is hotter though, no make-up and no clothes... I am always telling my gf she looks great with no make-up and then she is like no i don't and then she'll be like awww this shirt makes me look so bad and my uniform makes me look so bad and she is hot so she looks great in anything. insecurities.. eusa_naughty.gif

Some people, even if they don't have pimples, have uneven skin tones that makeup just makes look more uniform in color. Also, I know a few people that have serious dark circles under their eyes and they use makeup to cover those things up.

I agree with the above poster who said she'd probably still wear makeup even if she had clear skin. I just prefer the even tone that makeup provides as compared to the uneven disaster that my face is now.

I absolutely hate foundation mad.gif Why anyone w/ nothing to hide would want to wear that stuff is beyond me.

It makes me mad too. One of my best friends always worries about her makeup. She has a slight breakout every once in a while but theres no need for her to cover it up. I'm just happy that my eyeliner always looks better than hers. Im really good with makeup. Getting a little of track there, I know.

Just like you are your own worst critic, most people are--so I would say just because they have flawless skin on the outside, doesn't mean they still have insecurities on the inside.

i know quite a few people with beautiful clear skin but who swear by makeup.. They totally flip if they forget their compact coz they have to fix their makeup every 15 mins rolleyes.gif And make such a big deal about how horrible they look when they actually look great.  I seriously dont understand y there is a need for foundation and stuff when your skin looks awesome all the time. I guess they juz take their good skin for granted. Well, i've always told myself that the day i get totally clear without any ugly scars...i'm soo gonna throw out my makeup and flaunt it!!

if i didnt have redmarks... i would probably wear a little concealer to e ven skin tone other wise hell no would i wear foundation... Shit that stuff Sux

You know whats worse? When they look at you through the mirror and then start lamenting about some invisible spot in their face. Its like you're there to make them feel better about themselves. I find it annoying and very insensitive. I mean these people have pure glowing skin and they act as if a tiny blemish ( which i couldn't see of course) is the biggest problem in the world. Its happened to me soo many times that i don't like to share a mirror with people now. It always makes me self-conscious.

You know what is hotter though, no make-up and no clothes... I am always telling my gf  she looks great with no make-up and then she is like no i don't and then she'll be like awww this shirt makes me look so bad and my uniform makes me look so bad and she is hot so she looks great in anything.  insecurities.. eusa_naughty.gif

It makes me mad too. One of my best friends always worries about her makeup. She has a slight breakout every once in a while but theres no need for her to cover it up. I'm just happy that my eyeliner always looks better than hers. Im really good with makeup. Getting a little of track there, I know.

I have dark brown/black acne scars and I do not wear make-up. I have worn foundation maybe three times my entire life and I am 30. I will wear eyeliner, mascara and lipstick, but that's it. I do not have the time or the skill to apply make-up.

i never wore foundation when I had clear skin, it looks so fake i hate wearing it now. I used to wear blush sometimes and bronzer in the summer but never that masky looking crap. i know girls in hs did tho and they were always fixing it even tho they had great skin. I mean i HAVE to wear it now, im doing ppl a favor by wearing it!

I have never liked makeup, never ever wear any. I would be so happy to be acne-free one day, that the last thing I'd want to do is wear makeup. I prefer to keep the goo on my face to a minimum (I only use a moisturizer and bp), and let my scars and PIH be. I have always found it unusual, compared to other guys, that both my brothers can't stand makeup on women (they date women who don't wear any). Their attitude has always made me feel good about not wearing makeup, though I wouldn't no matter what. In any case, it's a daily battle just to manage my acne, and I refuse to wear anything more than a moisturizer (if I don't, my face is oily as all get-out). I think that it would really depress me to take off makeup, or even a light coverup to reveal my flawed skin texture and uneven tone. None of my women friends wear makeup either, either to go out or to work, and they have very nice complexions.

Guest tenshigirl25

a lot of women who dont look like the're wearing makeup are actually wearing it..guys just dont notice these things. If I didnt put on mascara, lip liner, lip gloss, eyebrow pencil and a little foundation and conclealer id look trrible..but everyon used to think i wasnt wearing anything because i did it naturally.