Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Inty

I'm 5'8' and weigh 104lbs

I'm 16 and want to get bigger, i try to eat loads but i never gain anything.

People recommend i hit the bodybuilding hard. But i'm sooo skinny. Shouldn't you have at least a bit of fat on you to start weightlifting?

why wouldnt u be able to bodybuild.. i dont think it matters that your skinny.. if you do.. just eat lots of protein and eat more calories than you normally should.. thats the only way your gonna gain weight.

It's probably because you don't eat the correct foods to gain anything, you also do not need fat to get muscle. Although you do need fat so make sure you get it ! lol ( good fats )

If you have trouble getting enough protein into your diet then buy Whey Protein powder or something. You get a good amount of protein per serving.

I wish that I could gain weight and get a bit of muscle but I do something called Calorie Restriction With Optimal Nutrition to extend my life span and improve health. I can't do both unfortunatly sad.gif So I have been doing calorie restriction for about 6 months now and I am, male 5ft 7" and 115 lb's

More calories you consume, the less you live wink.gif Although I don't advise anyone here to do CR unless they know EXACTLY what they are doing and understand a lot about nutrition.

Hmm. Let me just run and check my multivitamins pill box <_>

Nope, no protein in it ._.

If i overdose on some protein vitamins or whatever, will i be big? lol

you are 16, you will keep growing for probably another 5 years minimum. If i were you i wouldn`t bother doing weight training at your age. You can work out religiously but if you dont have the testosterone levels you wont get "big". Start boxing... that will make you as big as your body will allow and give you the tools to back it up.

Just make sure you get around 60-80g of protein per day while you train...

Too much protein can harm the kidneys but you wouldnt do any harm by taking 1-2 servings of whey protein powder per day.

Good sources of protein are

TUNA

COD

Chicken

Beans

Nuts

Theres pplenty more so just look them up on google smile.gif

Im 17 and started going to the gym when i was 16. Just eat alot of protien either by what aliens listed or whey protien. Also dont forget about eggs. They contain the most protien out of all.

Make sure you do high reps and low weights. Keep your reps around 12-15 and you should be fine. Also DONT WORKOUT YOUR LEGS. THis puts pressure on your growing pelvis which is not healthy.

He is in no position to gain that much weight. Im giving you the best advice possible. YOU ARE STILL GROWING!!!!!! Dont ruin that by lifting heavy weights.

I have a 6 pack and moderately toned muscles from doing higher reps and lwoer weights. Wait until your at least 19-20 before you lift heavy.

I was a late bloomer so this is critical for me, as for you I dont know.

God damn im a girl 5'4 110 lbs and ppl always tell me im too skinny! Yea eat a lot of eggs and lean meat. When eating carbs add butter or olive oil to it, my dr said carbs burn very quickly and adding fat to them makes them burn slower. (slows metabolism). I get very shaky and I guess they believe my high metabolism is why I am so skinny. Im a size two tho, so theres a size one smaller than I am.

well once ur 16.. thats the time when you can really start getting into weightlifting.. your still pretty small so you might want to see if you grow anymore.. i weightlift and use supplements at 16.. but im also over 6 feet and at a desirable size.. i dont think you would have any troubles with weightlifting at your age though.. a lot of growing is over..

Yeah, dont only eat protein. Eat alot of carbs and fats (good fats) as well as protien. Most importantly make sure you get in alot of calories, that seems most important to me. Obviously dont get all of your calories from foods like donuts (bad sugars, though some are good) and mcdonalds (lots of trans fat, which is the worst kind), unless you actually want to gain fat. In a few years I went from weighing 110 to 190, so its not that hard to gain muscle (though I weigh like 160 right now).